Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women?

Started by predxeno, May 25, 2010, 05:41:42 PM

Author
Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women? (Read 91,077 times)

predxeno

Quote from: Master on Jun 05, 2010, 04:00:46 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Jun 05, 2010, 03:08:14 PM
So far, everything from the books can match up with the movies.  I would only take your Aliens: Darkness as canon if you got it published officially from one of the sources of AvP material like Fox and Dark Horse.  However, they have stringent rules over what can be done and what can't be done for the sake of continuity so good luck with that.  Btw why do you keep calling me DP?
And what if FOX approves book about Aliens shitting strewberry jelly that predators adore with Ellen Ripley in it as greedy head of W-Y corporation that is selling jelly to predators in exchange for technology? Would that also fit into canon?

For me, it would.  However, do you think it really is likely that Fox would approve of something like that in the first place?

Master

predxeno

AVPR didn't completely destroy continuity as much as many people here think.  You're, however, deliberately trying to destroy it to make a point.

SiL

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 05, 2010, 01:35:42 PM
I rewatched that segment, the alien did headbite him.
Its jaw comes out and it lowers out of frame.

There is no sign that he was headbitten. There is no hole in his head. There is no blood. There is literally nothing but one poor choice of close-up to indicate he was physically harmed in any way.

Quote from: Abhunter on Jun 05, 2010, 05:58:39 AM
Wasn't the original ending of alien, for it to headbite Ripley, then use her voice to get back to earth?
No, never. Ridley Scott thought up the idea after a few drinks; the movie was always scripted, and always planned, to end with the Alien getting blasted out the shuttle door.

So far, everything from the books can match up with the movies.
No, they can't.

Alien Resurrection flat-out says they don't happen.

AlienĀ³ made the original comic series not happen.

Steve Perry's dates in his first Alien novel are way, way out of whack with the movies'. There are so many contradictions between the movies and other novels that no-one with even half an understanding of the material covered in the expanded universe bothers saying it all fits fine.

Vanski

I actually liked the idea of Predalien implantation, but it seemed to be out of place with this movie. If the movie had gone in the tone of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2" or "Return of the Living Dead", it would've been ok, i guess.

predxeno

Quote from: SiL on Jun 05, 2010, 09:47:27 PM
So far, everything from the books can match up with the movies.
No, they can't.

Alien Resurrection flat-out says they don't happen.

AlienĀ³ made the original comic series not happen.

Steve Perry's dates in his first Alien novel are way, way out of whack with the movies'. There are so many contradictions between the movies and other novels that no-one with even half an understanding of the material covered in the expanded universe bothers saying it all fits fine.

I don't include the original Aliens comics, just the remastered versions.  I already explained how to solve the discrepancies between EU and A:R.  As for the movie novelizations, I like to think of all the different adaptations including the movie, books, and games as different versions of the same story.  It's like interviewing witnesses, sometimes their stories will vary drastically, we just have to figure out which parts can be believed.

SiL

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 06, 2010, 08:59:32 PM
I don't include the original Aliens comics, just the remastered versions.
AR said they didn't happen, end sentence.

Perry's dates are from his novel versions of the comics, which are 'remastered'. They're still wrong.

predxeno

AR didn't say nothing happened, everything can be retconned in.  And my bad, I thought when I was typing my last post that Steve Perry did the movie novelizations.  My mistake.  Either way, his work can still be retconned in whether you like it or not.

SpaceMarines

A:R did say nothing happened, in that it said nothing had happened regarding the Alien since the events of Fury 161.

predxeno

I think I've already explained to you how to retcon that in.

SM

Now try and explain it with a straight face.

The A:R novel supports the film by saying there'd be no contact since Fiorina.  Nothing about 'big deletions' and other nonsense.

predxeno

Yes, nothing on record.  Any further records could have been erased or hidden by WY or Loki (organization in Original Sin that works alongside the space jockeys whose deals often involved theft, slavery, or murder).  Things could have been limited to a need-to-know basis.

PredalienXenomorph

Doesn't basic canon only matter to the individual? So what is the point of ignoring the topic to debate it? :-\

predxeno

What do you mean "ignoring the topic to debate it"?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed