Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women?

Started by predxeno, May 25, 2010, 05:41:42 PM

Author
Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women? (Read 89,290 times)

predxeno

I know many of us are saying it goes against canon and continuity, but how?  To me it seems reasonable that a juvenile queen has baby chestbursters/embryos/whatever inside of her and will eventually birth them asexually.  As it matures, her body will eventually encase those embryos inside facehuggers and then encase the facehuggers in eggs.

OmegaZilla

Um.... where to start....

A. It shows onscreen something overly gory, terribly unnecessary to the film, the literal apex of disgusting things, and I could go on.
B. It f**ks up the precedents set in all other Alien films.
C. It's shot brutally bad.
D. It sucks.

QuoteWhy do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women?
The question itself has the answer in it... ::) This reminds me of Doom! ;D ;D ;D

Master

Well Omega just nailed it and there is not much to add but from very geeky point of view. How da f**k alien that came out from predator have reproductive system that clearly is related with earth-like for of pregnancy?

Keg

Well here I go.
Reason 1: If a young queen can reproduce like this, why the hell would it ever need to bother with the whole egg, facehugger thing anyway. Completely f**ks with everything we have learned about the alien life cycle.

Reason 2: The whole idea that it impregnates pregnant women is f**king mind numbingly idiotic? Why just pregnant women? Why cant it do it to any human? What happens if there are no pregnant women just conveniently in the vicinity? But wait there is, in a maternity ward, and oh look the Predalien has stumbled across this maternity ward. Brilliant.

Reason 3: Its a pathetic attempt to include some shocking gore, but it has the opposite effect. Theyve thrown it in there for the sake of it, but havnt really thought it through and to be honest it doesnt really make any sense. But hey its gory so just leave it in. Pillocks.

War Wager

Another reason: it's apperently a trait "taken" from the Predator. What bullshit. You don't see human born Aliens humping everything the see.

Lost Predator

Omega & Keg, I take my hat of to you both! Well said.

IMO, the whole scene was just for shock and gore, over-the-top, added nothing to the movie, and it is just plain stupid. The scene itself just left a bad taste in my mouth.

echobbase79

Just another one of Salerno's inept ideas that actually got through. Well, he really can't take the full blame, it was a Fox executive who told him to write it. This idea/concept of belly bursters was taken from one of the aborted Alien 3 scripts I believe. Can't remember which one though.

OmegaZilla

It was from an Alien Comic.
Labyrinth, if I'm not wrong.

Keg

Keg

Its the execution that makes it even worse though. So the Predalien stumbles across the pregnant woman in the diner and lays its embryos inside her. That i suppose isnt too far fetched. But to then do the same to an entire maternity ward was the biggest WTF moment ive ever seen. Ive said it before in other topics where this has come up. Did the Predalien suddenly realise that pregnant women made the best hosts and so it made its way to the hospital and then found the maternity ward? Think about that for a moment and you will realise how f**king stupid that is. so it understands what a hospital is does it? it understands that there will be a maternity ward full of heavily pregnant women, ripe for the face f**king?

OH DEAR!

How this was allowed to go ahead and how nobody picked up on how nonsensical that whole subplot was is beyond me. even putting aside established life cycles and canon it still makes no sense whatsoever. some idiot obviously came up with the idea, thought it sounded cool, gory and unexpectedly shocking, and they never bothered to think it through to see if it would actually work. Yeah the audience will dig that........................erm no!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_FmADVggCk

DJ Pu$$yface

It's dreadful, disgusting and disturbing. I seem to find rape a close word for it. Not to mention, it goes against the normal productive cycle of aliens.

predxeno

predxeno

We don't know for sure that egg-barfing only works on pregnant women, there could have been some offscreen barfing.  The predalien in the Predalien Builder game at avp-r.com launches facehuggers from its mouth.  I still don't see how it disregards the alien life-cycle. ???

Lost Predator

Essentially, the only things i consider canon from AVPR:

- Wolf Predator
- Predator homeworld
- Gov drops bomb on town
- Wolf & Predalien both die
- Plasma caster given to Miss Yunti

Anything and everything else, nope.

DJ Pu$$yface

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't call the games canon. To be honest, I disregard anything that isn't the movie to be canon. Just my view.

Keg

Quote from: predxeno on May 25, 2010, 08:33:18 PM
We don't know for sure that egg-barging only works on pregnant women, there could have been some offscreen barfing.  The predalien in the Predalien Builder game at avp-r.com launches facehuggers from its mouth.  I still don't see how it disregards the alien life-cycle. ???

Yeah we dont know that. Egg barfing may work on others too. so then why the f**k does it do it to a pregnant lady in a cafe and then somehow, stumble across a maternity ward full of preggars women. That is the big of a suspension of disbelief and too big a coincidence for me to swallow. So either way its f**king retarded.

SM

Why?

Quoteit goes against canon and continuity

And it's pointless.  And cheap.  And nasty.  In every respect.

If - as has been mooted - the PredAlien (may its name be forever cursed) is really a Queen for reelz - she already had two evil minions from the hunter and his son.  First thing it should've done was set up a hive to get ready to lay eggs, while the two Aliens bring hosts.  If the egg barfing shit had occurred at the start of the film in order to get a bunch of Aliens quickly to set up a hive, it might have had a shred of logic.

As it stands - it has none.  No least of all how shit the size of golf balls can get into a womb without tearing the mothers insides to pieces and killing her long before any Aliens are ready to pop.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed