AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
AlienĀ³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
102 (17.6%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 560

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 237,392 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Sep 12, 2011, 10:41:14 AM
Also I don't remember Dutch Decapitating Jungle Hunter with a axe at the end of PREDATOR.
But you do remember him covering himself in mud and running circles around the Predator while it couldn't see him. And saying "Come on, I'm here, do it!". Etc.

Snowdog

Snowdog

AvP-R for sure

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 12, 2011, 05:59:40 PM
Quote from: Josh.A on Sep 12, 2011, 04:36:24 AM
The Pred wasn't just an outright pussy.
You get the impression because the Aliens were pussier (not sure that's even a word but it works!) than him.

He did get owned by one at the power plant though. And they put up a decent enough fight in the tunnel before the went to town.
I certainly didn't think the Aliens were any weaker than in the first AVP though. Some got owned quick, some put up a fight. Happened in both movies. We just didn't have a "Hero" alien in the second one. That was the pred-aliens role.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Josh.A on Sep 12, 2011, 11:06:54 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 12, 2011, 05:59:40 PM
Quote from: Josh.A on Sep 12, 2011, 04:36:24 AM
The Pred wasn't just an outright pussy.
You get the impression because the Aliens were pussier (not sure that's even a word but it works!) than him.

He did get owned by one at the power plant though. And they put up a decent enough fight in the tunnel before the went to town.
I certainly didn't think the Aliens were any weaker than in the first AVP though. Some got owned quick, some put up a fight. Happened in both movies. We just didn't have a "Hero" alien in the second one. That was the pred-aliens role.

i'm sorry to say but dude you are so blind. the so called aliens in avpr didn't do sh*t

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Er no. They were just the same.

JungleHunter87

QuoteBut you do remember him covering himself in mud and running circles around the Predator

Covering himself in mud? Yes  of course I remember that.

Now, running around in circles? No I don't remember that.

I remember him running AWAY from the Predator. Then regrouping and attacking. Not constantly running around in circles around the Predator, no.

SiL

SiL

Figure of speech.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Josh.A on Sep 12, 2011, 11:45:41 PM
Ever seen one of the four Alien films?

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 13, 2011, 11:42:37 AM

:laugh: thanks omega :P i was starting to give up xD

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 13, 2011, 11:42:37 AM

Yeah. I think I have seen them enough times. Been watching them since 86.
My kids have probably seen them more times than some of you.

There was one extra bad xeno in AVP. That's it. The rest were the same. How anyone can say they were more lethal than the ones in AVP:R is beyond me. Those ones wiped out everyone just as quickly when they came across them. Some of them got owned quickly, also. What's the difference? Because one of the aliens in AVP took out two preds? We already established they were pussies, so that point is moot!
Honestly can't see where you are coming from. If you would like to cite some examples of their epicness, that would be great.

And, Omega. I aint talking about one of the four alien films. I am talking about the two AVP movies? Didn't think I would of had to clarify that, for you  ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Two Aliens that do f**knothing when Wolf grabs 'em by the throat; multiple Aliens that stand here, still, doing nothing waiting for Wolf to do his move; two Aliens that don't notice a shuriken incoming and they stick their head out; the Requiem Aliens were just plot-conveniently, and rather visibly, downgraded and upgraded in every sequence they star in. They're quick to take out the National Guard guys, yet with Dallas one stands still until he actually shoots him. The only 'good' one as you said was the one in the power plant.
The AvP Aliens were efficient and mostly did their job; it's been a while since I last saw the film, the only scene in which I recall them going bad was right before Scar and Alexa take the sled.
And the AvP Predators aren't pussies at all, since one was taken out by surprise, one stood for 3 minutes in a melee combat against an Alien and the other one kind of killed four Aliens by himself, before getting owned by a 6 meters tall Alien Queen. Wolf appears as a super-skilled Predator in the film he stars in, but he really doesn't know much - he has his back uncovered multiple times, he's stupid enough to think to shoot an Alien point blank, he wastes time skinning the cop while he should clean the infestation, et cetera. He appears super-skilled because right when he appears onscreen, the Aliens suddenly become braindead.

Snowdog

Snowdog

In aliens the colonial marines had a god damn hard time surviving out there. But in AvP-R some regular civilians get through a completely infested town. Running through an infested hospital wich IS the alien hive. Wich should mean there is no f*cking chance they get out of there alive or not impregnated. But hey they are teenages so no problem running to a helicopter. Also the scene where the alien jumps on the helicopter and gets shot multiple times should have completely ruined the helicopter. But no the strause brothers only use the accid for blood when they feel like it. And yeah like omega said the 2 aliens doing absolutely nothing in the sewer scene when they are grabbed by the neck is throughout ridiculous. If only 1 of them used their tail it would have been end of story for the so called elite Wolf.

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Both movies had lame aliens in them. Both had aliens that kicked arse. You're not telling me anything I don't know already.

As for Grid. If he didn't have a 25ft tail to begin with things probably would of been different. They made that alien abnormally strong for the sake of the movie. That's it.
You want to talk about continuity? How is it that only some of the preds weapons in AVP were acid proof? Seems kinda dumb hunting aliens without the right equipment...doesn't it? I mean some disposable throw away weapon is acid proof...but not your gauntlet? Please. Or was it just for the movies sake?...so grid could get on top in that scene to make all the fanboys happy ;) I think that is the case.

Snowdog comparing the AVP aliens to Hadley's Hope has no point to it. We aren't talking about those aliens. You get that right?

And didn't the pred in AVP:R kill more than 4 aliens by himself? Correct me if I am wrong.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Josh.A on Sep 13, 2011, 10:47:26 PM
Snowdog comparing the AVP aliens to Hadley's Hope has no point to it. We aren't talking about those aliens. You get that right?

And didn't the pred in AVP:R kill more than 4 aliens by himself? Correct me if I am wrong.

I'm just making a point that the AVP:R aliens where mentally retarded at least. And we are watching a movie with ALIENS in it. avp or alien franchise doesn't matter. And really doesn't have to be an excuse to make the creatures just regular movie monsters in a teen slasher flick. So yeah i have all the right to compare the two  :)

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

No you don't.
I am not comparing them in this instance for a start.
And anybody who even tries to compare the AVP movies to any of the ALIEN movies is just silly. We know the AVP movies are a load that should of been swallowed. So why even try and justify something done in either of those with anything we had seen previously. No point I am afraid. Those movies make it up as they go along.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed