AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
AlienĀ³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
102 (17.6%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 560

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 237,484 times)

gtsp669

gtsp669

A:R

It was completely unnecessary.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Sep 08, 2011, 12:23:58 AM
Same with Predator and Predators. I liked Predator 2,  but it was a copy paste with elements of Lethal Weapon put in for good measure. Also Predators + City = Spider-man with a gun.
Predators is a copy paste of Predator but with two extra entirely useless Predators thrown in.

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Out of two really bad movies I thought surely AVP was going to be worse than AVPR in the vote count. Apparently not. WTF???

latto

latto

for me the aliens movies were shit if it wasnt for predator than i would never of looked at any of the aliens movies.I found all the predator movies were great an they just keep getting better shore AVPR was a little bit slow in parts but over all it was good because it had everything that it needed to to be great just because it was too dark in places for some people thats no reason to hate it

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

My least favourite movie is definitely AVPR; no other A/P/AVP will ever be as bad as that.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: latto on Sep 11, 2011, 10:11:46 AM
for me the aliens movies were shit if it wasnt for predator than i would never of looked at any of the aliens movies.I found all the predator movies were great an they just keep getting better shore AVPR was a little bit slow in parts but over all it was good because it had everything that it needed to to be great just because it was too dark in places for some people thats no reason to hate it

Wha...what? You don't like the alien movies? Alien and Aliens are two of the greatest films of all time. I mean, I respect your opinion, but out of curiosity, why don't you like the Alien movies?

Alien is my favorite horror movie ever. It has everything, interesting characters, great storytelling, amazing atmosphere, a scary monster (that is not show too much or too little), excellent pacing, and a very interesting back story with a lot of mystery. Its a classic in every sense of the word.

I absolutely love Predator, too. It is an excellent movie, but I just prefer Alien.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Sep 11, 2011, 08:06:07 AM
Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Sep 08, 2011, 12:23:58 AM
Same with Predator and Predators. I liked Predator 2,  but it was a copy paste with elements of Lethal Weapon put in for good measure. Also Predators + City = Spider-man with a gun.
Predators is a copy paste of Predator but with two extra entirely useless Predators thrown in.

Haha, nice summary!!

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Josh.A on Sep 11, 2011, 08:33:12 AM
Out of two really bad movies I thought surely AVP was going to be worse than AVPR in the vote count. Apparently not. WTF???

AvP at least was made by people with something resembling competence.

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

They are both shit. However, IMO, minus the Predalien at least AVPR flowed like an infestation of Aliens would. The Pred wasn't just an outright pussy. He actually looked like a pred and not a POTF2 SW toy. We got to see some new stuff weapon wise. And it had a decent enough ending.

They just should of made it so the Predalien was it's own thing, and one of the face huggers that escaped could of spawned a queen, instead of the predalien doing the whole barf scenario..

Predators was a close second. Having just watched that again only very recently I can't believe I actually went out and bought it. Should of called that movie "Homages" and the tagline could of been "Incase you missed it the first time!"

Get2theChopper

I love everything in order.

Alien film:

1. Alien
2. Aliens
3. Alien3
4. Alien Resurrection
5. AVP (goddamn it)
6. AVP:R (god...damn it)

Predator:

1. Predator
2. Predator 2

I can't believe someone would vote Alien, Aliens, or Predator for worst. I threw up in my mouth when I saw that  >:(

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

Predator and Predators don't feel like the same movies. Both have a completely different atmosphere literally and tone.

JungleHunter87

QuotePredators is a copy paste of Predator but with two extra entirely useless Predators thrown in.

That's your opinion.

However I do not feel the same way about it.

Sure they made reference's to the first film. Then again so did PREDATOR 2. So I really don't see your point. At least PREDATORS showed us different hunting tactics that Predators use. For example Flushing, Decoys, and Traps both bear foot traps and invisible snare traps.

As I recall PREDATOR 2 did nothing of the sort. Aside from show us a shit ton of new weapons and no real hunting. Most of the movie the City Hunter waded through victims in-masse and slaughtered them. So no I don't see any real comparison.

Also I don't remember Dutch Decapitating Jungle Hunter with a axe at the end of PREDATOR.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Josh.A on Sep 12, 2011, 04:36:24 AM
The Pred wasn't just an outright pussy.
You get the impression because the Aliens were pussier (not sure that's even a word but it works!) than him.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Could we rest the poll over since I think a lot of people want to revote over again. A:R used to my least favorite movie in the series but now looking back, A:R is better then both AVP movies which is not saying much though.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

I think that's a good idea. Over the last few years I'd say a lot people's opinions have changed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed