Eating Aliens, WTF?!?

Started by vehtam, Nov 28, 2007, 08:58:43 PM

Author
Eating Aliens, WTF?!? (Read 61,539 times)

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Vemados on Dec 30, 2007, 09:09:42 PM
OK I'm gonna accept that when you see a movie transition from night to day you say "ZOMFG NIGHT TO DAY IN 4 SECONDS!!!!"

For us it was a short time, in reality it was longer.

i wouldn't say that, if it wouldn't be wrote on paper with words in the script. we knew about it from the very beginning back in 2005 and in movie nothing indicates, that something changed. maybe unrated edition will bring at least 5 or 10 more minutes in movie time to the process.

as for discussion, funny how people are trying to look smart, when they even didn't bother to read the whole thread and have no idea what they talking about, eh.

AND ONCE AGAIN I DIDN"T WANT TO START IT ALL OVER AGAIN, WHEN VERY INTERESTING DISCUSSION ALREADY IS ON THE PREVIOUS PAGES

everything you're writing here guys has been wrote earlier several times.

all i want to know is why COLIN LIED, when he said i'm wrong and it will look more like alien3 scene only little bit closer.

gases

gases

Quote from: vehtam on Dec 30, 2007, 10:42:27 PM
Quote from: Vemados on Dec 30, 2007, 09:09:42 PM
OK I'm gonna accept that when you see a movie transition from night to day you say "ZOMFG NIGHT TO DAY IN 4 SECONDS!!!!"

For us it was a short time, in reality it was longer.

i wouldn't say that, if it wouldn't be wrote on paper with words in the script. we knew about it from the very beginning back in 2005 and in movie nothing indicates, that something changed. maybe unrated edition will bring at least 5 or 10 more minutes in movie time to the process.

as for discussion, funny how people are trying to look smart, when they even didn't bother to read the whole thread and have no idea what they talking about, eh.

AND ONCE AGAIN I DIDN"T WANT TO START IT ALL OVER AGAIN, WHEN VERY INTERESTING DISCUSSION ALREADY IS ON THE PREVIOUS PAGES

everything you're writing here guys has been wrote earlier several times.

all i want to know is why COLIN LIED, when he said i'm wrong and it will look more like alien3 scene only little bit closer.

I remember someone explaining that to you. Provide quotes of what he said and you said please.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

So whats this whole argument about? Aliens eating predators/humans? Humans eating alien/predators? Predators eating aliens/humans?

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Colin must have been referring to the diner.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: Alienseseses on Dec 31, 2007, 12:15:54 AM

Yeah probably. Aliens for dinner. They wouldnt be nice to eat. Abit crunchy and you would have a burning sensation in your mouth while your eating... nasty.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 29, 2007, 12:44:58 AM
Quote from: vehtam on Nov 29, 2007, 12:32:22 AM

they propably would be using secondary jaw. i can't even imagine how awful it would look, especially with this new, fancy adi jaws design

Or maybe it's just like the scene from Alien3, just a bit closer::)

here you go gases

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: vehtam on Dec 31, 2007, 12:19:27 AM

they propably would be using secondary jaw. i can't even imagine how awful it would look, especially with this new, fancy adi jaws design

here you go gases

With the first jaw? I cant remember that sequence.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Khan on Dec 31, 2007, 12:20:48 AM

here you go gases

alien3 scene was eating living person, while using claws at the same time and headbiting the head.

avp:r scene is alien festing on the guys guts not moving, with only secodnary jaw. looked like 'hmmm i'll bite here, and maybe little here, and, hmm, thaht looks tasty.'

these scenes aren't even comparable,m so he had to have in mind some other, like in the kitchen, or in the molly's room. but why then he just said it without quoting me? or didn't say antyhing at all? quoting my assumption about using secondary jaw to eat and then putting the sentence about alien3 leaves only one interpretation, that is 'you didn't saw that scene, so you don't know, let me tell you how it looks'.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: vehtam on Dec 31, 2007, 12:25:26 AM
Quote from: Khan on Dec 31, 2007, 12:20:48 AM

here you go gases

alien3 scene was eating living person, while using claws at the same time and headbiting the head.

avp:r scene is alien festing on the guys guts not moving, with only secodnary jaw. looked like 'hmmm i'll bite here, and maybe little here, and, hmm, thaht looks tasty.'

these scenes aren't even comparable,m so he had to have in mind some other, like in the kitchen, or in the molly's room. but why then he just said it without quoting me? or didn't say antyhing at all? quoting my assumption about using secondary jaw to eat and then putting the sentence about alien3 leaves only one interpretation, that is 'you didn't saw that scene, so you don't know, let me tell you how it looks'.

Exactly like in Aliens vs Predator 2 in which you headbite and claw at bodies to regain health.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Khan on Dec 31, 2007, 12:29:01 AM
Exactly like in Aliens vs Predator 2 in which you headbite and claw at bodies to regain health.

Khan, don't make me repeat myself for the FIFTH time about that, check few previous pages  ;)

AND I'M NOT QUESTIONING IT.

i'm wondering why Colin said in movie there is similiar to Alien3 scene instead of using secondary jaw scene suggested by me.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Khan on Dec 31, 2007, 12:18:44 AM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Dec 31, 2007, 12:15:54 AM

Yeah probably. Aliens for dinner. They wouldnt be nice to eat. Abit crunchy and you would have a burning sensation in your mouth while your eating... nasty.
DINER. THE DINER. ONE N.

Clydewyman

Clydewyman

Quote from: Master on Dec 30, 2007, 01:27:39 PM
But after emergence, thay are killing machines not Jepper Creppers without wings.

You know what this means, kids! It means that the most important thing is that we should be seeing more people getting their body torn apart by Aliens, so that we can see more blood and gore in it, not knowing more about how Aliens live and how their diet goes.

brain_damage

brain_damage

Quote from: brad873 on Nov 28, 2007, 09:03:59 PM
they ate in alien 3. im sure they have a way of eating
me 2...why would they have teeth if they only kill with headbites

notthemanwithwhomtofork

I clearly recall a Gary Larson illustration showing that the the aliens at least eat turkey.

But seriously, can someone please give a reference to the idea that aliens are "perfect organisms", other than in the sense as relative to earth-evolved life, which is how I interpret the comments made by characters in the movies, who would have no way to know that the aliens were "infinitely adaptable" or other such BS.

If you read the original O'Bannon script you will see that the alien in Alien definitely grows to full size by raiding the food locker.

Because aliens clearly have a biomechanical appearance, I always assumed that in addition to organic material, the aliens grew by consuming metals and other inorganic materials found in space-ships and the colonies of technological species.

Also, according to the original O'Bannon conception, aliens are not "perfect organisms", they are just meant to be very 'alien' with a very disgusting and mysterious life cycle.

Certaintly they were not farming prior to terraforming the planet in Aliens, so there must have been pretty substantial food supplies in the colony, plus it seems logical to assume that a big portion of the alien diet is inorganic material. So I don't think it is a big deal that most of the colonists bodies were not consumed. Perhaps the reason the aliens in AVPR were weaker-skinned is that there was not sufficient high-grade metals in the Gunnison buildings for them to consume, compared to a ship like the Nostromo, or the reactor in Aliens.

just my two cents.

Obviously aliens must consume something to grow. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron who needs to take a basic physics class and learn about conservation of mass-energy.

Meathead320

Meathead320

I never really thought they were vegetarians anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed