Eating Aliens, WTF?!?

Started by vehtam, Nov 28, 2007, 08:58:43 PM

Author
Eating Aliens, WTF?!? (Read 62,426 times)

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

It never really shows that the Aliens "eat." All we get is an Alien headbiting 2 times.

marrerom

marrerom

complaining about aliens eating is really nitpicking. they have intestines and mouths and they have sharp teeth. this coupled with the fact that ALL living things eat and you have more than enough proof that aliens eat.

eating aliens is hardly the worst part of this movie.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Dec 30, 2007, 08:34:13 AM
It never really shows that the Aliens "eat." All we get is an Alien headbiting 2 times.

True, and I wouldn't think it really was if I hadn't heard that they would be eating in the film (I mean, Alien 3 had the creature just as ambiguous in its habits)...but the idea that it was the intent of the scene bugs me.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: marrerom on Dec 30, 2007, 08:37:10 AM
complaining about aliens eating is really nitpicking. they have intestines and mouths and they have sharp teeth. this coupled with the fact that ALL living things eat and you have more than enough proof that aliens eat.

eating aliens is hardly the worst part of this movie.

yeah, I mean, if they diddnt eat, why would they even have a mouth?

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

As others before me have said, they do not need to eat organic material if they do in fact eat. It wouldn't make much sense that they did eat flesh if you look at the design of the previous mouths and their respective tongue.

Clydewyman

Clydewyman

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Dec 30, 2007, 08:29:42 AM
I still don't like the idea that they eat flesh. It made them much more cruel when they tore off flesh out of instinct. When you give them the desire to eat, you just make them a stupid animal that's compelled by its stomach.

But Aliens are extraterrestrial creatures too, they crawl in 4 legs and have sharp teethes like ginsu knives. Not to mention the protruding inner jaw literally dug into a person's noggin and can be very fatal.

You think undead creatures are the only ones that can feed on the living? Aliens can too.

vehtam

vehtam

why so many assumptions they are space velociraptors and not biomechanical killing machines?

Master

Master

They have teeths, calws, inner jaws etc. not to eat, but to kill! They are addapting to their enemy/prey, and useing all those things gained from their oponents to simply kill them with bigger efficiency. They`ve got very potent accid insted of blood cause they are walking batteries with only one perpous. To kill as much as they can.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

I'm not big on knowing too much about the Aliens, b ut I don't see the problem with them potentially eating people.

It's pretty obvious they can take nutrients from our system in some way, else the burster would never work.

Master

Master

But after emergence, thay are killing machines not Jepper Creppers without wings.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Master on Dec 30, 2007, 01:06:29 PM
They have teeths, calws, inner jaws etc. not to eat, but to kill! They are addapting to their enemy/prey, and useing all those things gained from their oponents to simply kill them with bigger efficiency. They`ve got very potent accid insted of blood cause they are walking batteries with only one perpous. To kill as much as they can.

after avp-r, where we have at least two rip-off scenes from jurassic park (alien/raptor in the kitchen doors, chet/t-rex in the bushes during the rain), only one interpretaytion will be forced - they are jp dinosaurs from space, end of discussion  ::)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

MAYBE it was preparing to make him into hive material.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Alienseseses on Dec 30, 2007, 01:47:44 PM
MAYBE it was preparing to make him into hive material.

maybe. doesn't change the fact it looked ridiculous for me. i would prefer ripping body to shreds by claws and taking the parts of the body to the hive so much more...

Newsfop

Newsfop

In the approved novelization of Alien, the Nostromo crew discovers that one of the food lockers has been broken into and several items eaten. This takes places a liitle bit after the chestburster flees the table. I have no trouble at all believing that xenomorphs require nourishment to sustain themselves. Especially if I'm expected to believe that something the size of a cobra grows into an 8-ft tall creature with limbs in just a few hours.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Newsfop on Dec 30, 2007, 02:38:53 PM
In the approved novelization of Alien, the Nostromo crew discovers that one of the food lockers has been broken into and several items eaten. This takes places a liitle bit after the chestburster flees the table. I have no trouble at all believing that xenomorphs require nourishment to sustain themselves. Especially if I'm expected to believe that something the size of a cobra grows into an 8-ft tall creature with limbs in just a few hours.

now you have accept it grows into even bigger f**ker in 1 minute 30 seconds (predalien)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed