Eating Aliens, WTF?!?

Started by vehtam, Nov 28, 2007, 08:58:43 PM

Author
Eating Aliens, WTF?!? (Read 62,428 times)

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Again, I can go either way if we see it eating. It's genuinely something unexplored. I just don't think this is a case of "Fox allowing these creatures to be dumbed down further." We have enough of that already in this film.

JMR

JMR

Of course they eat, why wouldn't they? I find it very unlikely and stupid that they would not. They are alive aren't they? Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean they don't. Where in the alien series does it state that they don't eat? Where would they get there energy? I like the fact we will see this....

vehtam

vehtam

and i'm affraid of impression of the audience, which might be like 'wow, they are space velociraptors'

gases

gases

Quote from: SM on Nov 29, 2007, 12:00:25 AM
Ash theorises that they now know how it grew so big so fast.

It was better left on the cutting room floor because it's best left mysterious.  What if it DOESN'T need food to get so big so fast?  Makes a much more formidable opponent if you deny it food and it STILL grows really big really fast.  Existing films would indicate they don't NEED food anyway.

However an Alien eating isn't exactly out of left field.  Like a lot of the other dopey aspects of this film.

Quotethe novelisations told us about facehugger with an eye aswell

Based on Giger's art.

That is very true, makes them more formidable. Eating when they can? extra energy? why not?

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

*Sighs* Aliens wouldn't eat, the Strause Bro's are givin g the aliens in AVP:R too many human qualitys, I could see if the aliens got energy (Basicly the closest thing to eating) by being in the hive, but eating? Bull s**t.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

I don't even know why we allude to anything anymore. Just design the head as one giant penis just for the slow people in the audience who need to see everything and get it over with.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

I think the eating is just them ripping people apart, nothing more

SM

SM

QuoteWhere in the alien series does it state that they don't eat?

Where does it say they do?  Nowhere.  It's not unusual for people to like some things to be left vague.

gases

gases

vague is probably better in this case. But maybe bro's will be vague about it?

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

I doubt were gonna see an alien with a knife and fork eating the corpse...(waiting for someone to make a drawing of this lol)

SM

SM

It'll have inbuilt cutlery inherited from the host...

Xhan

Xhan

and also completly ignore that the Alien mouth is remotely designed to either eat or ingest after acid barfing.

I'm certainly thankful I won't be paying to see this.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SM on Nov 29, 2007, 12:25:41 AM
It'll have inbuilt cutlery inherited from the host...
the host being American!

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 29, 2007, 12:28:40 AM
and also completly ignore that the Alien mouth is remotely designed to either eat or ingest after acid barfing.

they propably would be using secondary jaw. i can't even imagine how awful it would look, especially with this new, fancy adi jaws design

Gates

Gates

I have no problems with them eating humans, however if they show an alien riping flesh off an arm, a la Dawn of the Dead, it will be lame...this is not a zombie movie...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed