Eating Aliens, WTF?!?

Started by vehtam, Nov 28, 2007, 08:58:43 PM

Author
Eating Aliens, WTF?!? (Read 62,418 times)

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

Wow...why is this thread still alive?
People are still not over this?... ::)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: marrerom on Dec 30, 2007, 08:37:10 AM
complaining about aliens eating is really nitpicking. they have intestines and mouths and they have sharp teeth. this coupled with the fact that ALL living things eat and you have more than enough proof that aliens eat.

eating aliens is hardly the worst part of this movie.

I suppose it's not actually known if they have intestines. Anyway it seems like a nit that the Strauses expected people to want to pick so pick away I suppose

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Dec 30, 2007, 02:59:34 PM

Wow, you're still cheerleading mindlessly despite the fact people don't seem to be buying your brand of forced cheerleader cheerineiss? You're not over the fact some people refuse to take what is shoveled out?

Newsfop

Newsfop

Quote from: vehtam on Dec 30, 2007, 02:53:47 PM
now you have accept it grows into even bigger f**ker in 1 minute 30 seconds (predalien)

I presume that to be an error in editing to show that it blew up to gargantuan size in no time at all. Though you'd think that the predators on the ship might show a little more concern that there's a giant hole in the torso of their newly fallen comrade instead of going about business as usual with a living death machine running around the ducts and corridors.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Newsfop on Dec 30, 2007, 03:40:47 PM
now you have accept it grows into even bigger f**ker in 1 minute 30 seconds (predalien)

I presume that to be an error in editing to show that it blew up to gargantuan size in no time at all. Though you'd think that the predators on the ship might show a little more concern that there's a giant hole in the torso of their newly fallen comrade instead of going about business as usual with a living death machine running around the ducts and corridors.

if i remember correctly it was in the very first version of the script, reviewed by aintitcoolnews. 'predalien grows to the fullsize in the matter of seconds'

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

Quote from: Xhan on Dec 30, 2007, 03:17:11 PM
Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Dec 30, 2007, 02:59:34 PM

Wow, you're still cheerleading mindlessly despite the fact people don't seem to be buying your brand of forced cheerleader cheerineiss? You're not over the fact some people refuse to take what is shoveled out?

Wait what?...cheerleading? hahaha that's hilarious... :D

Nope, I'm jsut saying that I don't know why people are such cry babies about it...
What's wrong with an Alien feeding?...why have a mouth if not to feed? He doesn't talk, now does he?
It's like complaining that he walks on it's feet, or grabs with it's hands...
Sorry if you feel they raped the Alien mistery, but ever since Alien, it was quite clear to me that it feeds...

ScarPredator16

ScarPredator16

We never really see it eating. All it did was smash up the dead body with its inner jaw, then used the inner jaw to bring back small parts. Its never really clearly shown eating, chewing, swallowing, ect. If you don't like the fact that it was eating, you could just say it was ripping apart a dead body for shits and giggles.

Personally, I don't mind. Were just seeing stuff that was already assumed off screen. And I find it funny that people can cry about the fact that the Predalien has dreadlocks, and how it doesn't make sense, yet when it comes to an alien eating, because it needs food to live, that's totally unreal.

Aliens don't need food. I mean, it only provides them with energy and sustinence. They don't need that.

pmaz11

pmaz11

How is this such a big deal?? The aliens are eating so what?....we clearly saw in Alien 3 that the dog alien was eating the humans so how is this something to complain about at all?

Whatever, everyones entitled to there own opinion I just think to complain about this is sorta stupid and pointless because its not like aliens don't ever have to eat.

TheAncientEnemy

TheAncientEnemy

For all we know maybe the aliens aren't really "eating" as we think of it. I mean, they build hives right? They have to have some kind of intake if they're gonna secrete that much slime. Who's to say that maybe ingesting organic matter and then secreting it in some way isn't how they build their nests? Bees and wasps chew wood and plant matter into paper for their nests.

I like this idea better than imagining an alien eating something and taking a crap somewhere, but at this point it's all up to speculation.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

I always figured that Aliens didn't need to eat unless they wanted to produce resin for hive construction. But the idea of them eating for nutrition doesn't bother me.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: TheAncientEnemy on Dec 30, 2007, 07:36:50 PM

I like this idea better than imagining an alien eating something and taking a crap somewhere, but at this point it's all up to speculation.

I remember seeing a drawing of the alien by Giger, and it's squats and well looks as if it's "taking a crap" and then the 'crap" wriggles away

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Colin claims the Alien's waste is the hive resin, so AVP-R apparently insinuates that the Aliens eat human flesh and then crap out hive resin later.

Vemados

Vemados

Quote from: Newsfop on Dec 30, 2007, 02:38:53 PM
In the approved novelization of Alien, the Nostromo crew discovers that one of the food lockers has been broken into and several items eaten. This takes places a liitle bit after the chestburster flees the table. I have no trouble at all believing that xenomorphs require nourishment to sustain themselves. Especially if I'm expected to believe that something the size of a cobra grows into an 8-ft tall creature with limbs in just a few hours.

OK I'm gonna accept that when you see a movie transition from night to day you say "ZOMFG NIGHT TO DAY IN 4 SECONDS!!!!"

For us it was a short time, in reality it was longer.

Jango1201

Jango1201

*Spoilers*

I personally didnt mind the scene at all, in fact I found it quite disturbing the way the Alien dragged the body over to its prefered eating spot and than punching the body's head in with it inner jaw. It had a chilling feel it for me.

Slugworth

Slugworth

Quote from: superunknown on Nov 28, 2007, 09:05:05 PM
Yeah the Strauses seem to have reduced the Aliens to dumb zombies.

And what were they in ALIENS?   Grad students?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed