I have just been speaking to one of the fantastic guys over at Prodos Games who has kindly provided us with some extra information regarding the upcoming Aliens vs Predator – The Miniature Game:
- The game will be story driven. It is set between Alien and Aliens and takes inspiration primarily from the Alien and Predator films as opposed to the crossovers.
- The initial release will be with a boxset ala Space Hulk.
- Prodos will be drawing in elements from the expanded universe so there will be plenty of different Alien/Predator/Colonial Marines/Civilian variants. Look out of an Alien from the old AvP Arcade Game!
- The gameplay will be based off the Prodos Games engine used in their other game, Warzone Resurrection.
- The game will support solo and multiplayer games. The initial boxset will come with a board for more contained focused play but there is also potential for further open combat.
- There will be unique “hero” units.
- The license does not include Prometheus.
- Prodos will be showing off the game at various game conventions as well as a potential inaugural event to celebrate the release.
Prodos will also be releasing more information (including the price) via their Facebook page over the next 5 or 6 days so keep an eye out. Be sure to Like them and post any questions you have up there. Alternatively please post any questions or comment on our message boards and I’ll be sure to relay them onto Prodos.
Prodos will also be hosting a special event to launch Warzone Resurrection. Those interested in the upcoming AvP game may find this interesting to get a chance to meet the guys over at Prodos, get a feel for their products and the gameplay system AvP will be using.