Latest News

New Close Up Look at the Alien: Romulus Xenomorph!

Just posted to social media by horror website Bloody Disgusting, we have a fresh new look at the slimy terror that is the Xenomorph from the upcoming Alien: Romulus.  The Alien is shrouded in smoke and the overall scene looks like the one we briefly saw at the end of the Romulus teaser trailer. While it’s nice to see a new angle on this Xenomorph face, much of its design for the film still remains a mystery. If you look closely, you can spot the signature empty skull eye sockets under the cracked dome.

New Close Up Look at the Alien: Romulus Xenomorph!

Via USA Today: “A deadly xenomorph terrorizes young space explorers on a derelict space station in Alien: Romulus”

The image was released courtesy of news outlet USA Today as part of their summer movie recommendations, and included the following caption:

Director Fede Alvarez (“Don’t Breathe”) crafts the latest chapter of the sci-fi horror franchise, a chiller that stars Cailee Spaeny, Isabela Merced and David Jonsson as space colonizers who come across an abandoned space station and are terrorized by freaky Facehuggers as well as a fearsome Xenomorph.

Thanks to Mike’s Monsters & Mudbutt for the news. Keep your browsers locked on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien: Romulus news! You can follow us on Facebook, X, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Comments: 481
« Newer Comments 12345678910 Older Comments »
  1. hamilton_milo
    My guess is that the trailer drops within the next two weeks. I could see it being attached to Bad Boys: Ride or Die, which initially didn't seem like a fit to me at all, but it might work as some good counter-marketing and help draw interest from an audience not into horror.

Surely it won't arrive as late as July? But what do I know!
  2. Thatguy2068
    Quote from: Coolertonic7 on May 23, 2024, 12:52:44 AM
    Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 23, 2024, 12:30:59 AMIt's silly/dumb for sure, but I could have bought it as Royce stumbling upon the whole clan of Predators (a la Harrigan at the end of Predator 2) and them all pointing their plasmacasters at him as an intimidation move before revealing themselves.
    I guess i don't like it because if it was in the movie we would have never gotten one the best skull rip in the franchise.
    Bibi go on the skull rip
  3. Highland
    That scene was 100% trailer bait. People would have watched that thinking there was some epic showdown. Saying that I like Predators, it's a good movie with a good start and a good ending, just the middle tastes off. Like a toasted sandwich with bad cheese in the middle  :laugh:

Quite rare in movies, you don't often get a good start and a good end, but the middle is rough.
  4. Nightmare Asylum
  5. aliens13
    Quote from: Coolertonic7 on May 23, 2024, 12:01:25 AM
    Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 21, 2024, 03:00:28 PMThe Covenant one doesn't really bother me. Yeah, we don't see that specific shot in the movie (and it's a great shot, so I would have loved to have seen it in the film proper), but what it's selling me on is "Alien gets on board ship," which does happen in the movie. It isn't really comparable to the Predators situation in my opinion.
    Honestly, if the targeting laser scene in the movie was exactly like the one in the trailer, it would have probably been the dumbest scene in the movie. Unless it was a cliffhanger at the end of the movie, it's inclusion in the movie would have made the survival of the characters really far-fetched.

Also, why would a 100 predators need to point all there plasma caster's at one guy, when the movie already showed one predator obliterate Laurence Fishburne with a single bast.

I think that the propose of that shot of the laser scene was say "look, we have plenty of predators now"
  6. Coolertonic7

7. Nightmare Asylum
    I think the Fandango stuff getting split off from this thread, but some of the messages in the new split off thread still using this thread's name from when they originally lived here, is confusing the system a bit.
  8. Acid_Reign161
    Found them; this is the one I meant - the top left image was what I was reminded of when initially seeing the trailer for Covenant :-)

It looks to depict the xeno on the back left wall, and then leaping to the front right of the shot as it jumps /runs towards the camera (at least that how I always saw it)
  9. SiL
    There was quite a lot of stuff of Daniel's on the ship used in advertising that wasn't in the movie; I wonder if that was also marketing.
  10. Acid_Reign161
    Quote from: SiL on May 21, 2024, 01:27:41 PMWas that just for the trailer or was it actually made as part of the film but cut?

I've often wondered this myself... it *feels* like it belongs in the scene where they seal the doors on it, and we get a partial point of view shot from the alien's perspective in the red corridor which abruptly cuts.

Since it's something that was planned for the unfilmed airlock scene with Parker in 'Alien' (I'm sure it was storyboarded, or did I dream seeing that @SM ? The xeno leaping wall to wall?) I assumed during the trailer that was Ridley finally putting that scene to film (which isn't a stretch, given they are attempting to force the alien towards the airlock) I was disappointed not to see it in the movie. 😅
  11. Slutty Badger

It's like the shot of the Roberts family appearing in the trailers for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire; it's a minor detail that doesn't affect the plot when excised.
  12. Nightmare Asylum
  13. Nightmare Asylum
    I don't mind deleted scenes/alt. takes winding up in trailers. Like SiL said, sometimes that's just a byproduct of things getting cut later in post-. Other times, it's just for the sake of editing the trailer and using a variation that's timed a bit better to the trailer's pacing than what's in the film. That happens with alternate line deliveries a lot.

What I do mind is footage being actually manipulated to sell something that just straight up isn't part of the film and was never intended to be so:

I'm ok with the opposite, though, when stuff is doctored out of footage in order to preserve a reveal from the film, like so:

14. SiL
    Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 21, 2024, 12:12:16 PMThe original T2 endoskeleton factory teaser is the greatest movie ad ever made, and it was an entire scene created just to be that and not meant to be in the film. I wish this was more the standard.
    Stuff like that used to be fairly common, and I kind of wish I'd been alive when it was. Hitchcock did it a lot. Even Alien's iconic floating, cracking egg is an example.

These days we often just get shitty lies like the 30,000 laser targets on Royce in the Predators trailer.
  15. The Cruentus
    Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 21, 2024, 12:12:16 PM
    Quote from: The Cruentus on May 21, 2024, 10:59:28 AMI wonder what will be missing from the movie though.

I mean I get trailers should be as spoilerless as reasonably possible, but that should not mean removing scenes from a movie or adding things in a trailer that was never going to be in the movie.
    Its a form of deception.
    In that covenant trailer, we had that Alien jumping from wall to wall, which was not in the movie at all.

Yeah, that was meant to just be a teaser to it and not lead people into thinking that was going to be in the movie.
  16. Feeds On Minds

Its a form of deception.

17. aliens13

Its a form of deception.

I really hate when that happens 😅 I found it frustrating. With Prometheus happened the same
  18. The Cruentus
    I wonder what will be missing from the movie though.

Its a form of deception.

19. GrimmVision
    Both Prometheus' and Covenant's final trailers were released 2 months and 3 weeks prior to the movie release. If those are anything indication, I'm guessing we'd see the final trailer in around a week.
  20. cucuchu
    Longlegs has serious potential and I'm mega-hyped for it. The teasers and trailer today are perfect and show very little of the plot/spoilers... you don't even see Nicholas Cages' face and you hear his voice but it's all distorted and has this rasp to it, very eery. Hopefully the full Romulus trailer goes a similar route.

Speaking of which, I believe today's Longlegs trailer was the first full trailer and that is in cinema a month before Romulus. That would mean middle of June if it's the same for Romulus. I suppose it's a bigger movie/known IP so it would make sense to hype it earlier but I'm starting to think we won't get it with Furiosa like I had originally believed because as as I'm aware they have not rated any trailer for Romulus and that's just a couple days away.
  21. Cosmic Incubation
    Romulus is the only film in general I'm like chomping at the bit to see this year tbh.

I'll definitely be going for Furiosa, and most likely end up checking out Deadpool and maybe A Quiet Place.

As far as other general film releases, I am looking forward to Longlegs, Robert Eggers' Nosferatu, and maybe that Toxic Avenger remake if it actually gets put out this year (or at all).
  22. BlueMarsalis79
    Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 20, 2024, 06:46:34 PM
    Quote from: Darkoo on May 20, 2024, 06:30:43 PMhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOB973cXsAAARfO?format=jpg&name=medium

I'll most likely pass on Deadpool & Wolverine, Twisters, and A Quiet Place: Day One.

Incredibly excited for Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (my most anticipated movie of the year) and Alien: Romulus, though, from that list.

You will not pass. On Deadpool and Wolverine. You have to as a birthday present to me lol... or watch X-Men '97.

Twisters even existing I find agonising.
« Newer Comments 12345678910 Older Comments »
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed