Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,687 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 11, 2015, 08:35:13 AM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Aug 11, 2015, 05:13:54 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 11, 2015, 02:18:13 AM
If you didn't like the first film, why bother with the sequel? I don't mean you specifically, in more general terms. Also, the IMDB rating is currently at 7.3/10 based on user ratings, so it's in line with the number from Metacritic.

Plenty of people don't like Jurassic Park 3 or The Lost World still went out and watched Jurassic World.

Exactly.

If Transformers 4 can draw in a massive audience despite a huge negative reaction (not only to it but the other two sequels) and green light a 5th, a JW sequel has nothing to worry about.

Doom you cray cray.

I hope you're right dude, I really do. I want JW to be on top just as much as you do! I'm just doing my best to manage my expectations so that I don't end up disappointed.

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 11, 2015, 09:51:06 AM
Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Aug 11, 2015, 06:24:03 AM
I love how for the toys, they've completely scrapped even the thinnest pretense of being scientifically accurate:
Not only that but those look like utter crap. Quite in fact they've flopped.

Yup. The dealer I buy from has told me that the Hero Mashers in particular are bombing. The main series of toys is doing well, but beyond that, not much is selling.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.scified.com/site/jurassicworld/early-jurassic-world-storyboards-reveal-unused-park-attractions--action-sequences

QuoteDiscovering early storyboards by artist David Lowery (thanks to @ChrisLikesDinos on Twitter) shows us many early designs for Jurassic World attractions and action sequences which never made the final cut. From 'Tree Top Grazers' to Monorail attacks, there's a slew of storyboards to check out:

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 11, 2015, 11:34:06 AM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 11, 2015, 09:51:06 AM
Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Aug 11, 2015, 06:24:03 AM
I love how for the toys, they've completely scrapped even the thinnest pretense of being scientifically accurate:
Not only that but those look like utter crap. Quite in fact they've flopped.

Yup. The dealer I buy from has told me that the Hero Mashers in particular are bombing. The main series of toys is doing well, but beyond that, not much is selling.

Much of the Jurassic World toys, especially the Hero Mashers, seem very juvenile, you can tell because they often have oversized heads and limbs so toddlers can play them; I felt many of the toys from previous movies did more justice to the dinos.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

This arrived last week. Alien3, FiorinaFury, feast your eyes 8)

http://instagram.com/p/6TfDhMFEoK/

Alien³

Alien³

Dayum.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Apparently, there was going to be a cartoon based on Jurassic Park back in the 90's, but it got canned. Concept artist William Stout was hired on to draw concept drawings for the cartoon, but it only got as far as a trailer.

Here is some of Stout's drawings for it.

Spoiler

[close]

Source

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Kinda reminds me of that cancelled Operation: Aliens TV show from '92.

Except the Jurassic Park one doesn't look like it sucks.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's a shame we never had an Aliens show ala Roughneck Chronicles. Loved that.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Roughnecks was really good fun!

I loved how it made up for the fact it couldn't show violence towards people by just being horrendously cruel to the bugs :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: DarthJoker45 on Aug 20, 2015, 08:09:37 PM
Apparently, there was going to be a cartoon based on Jurassic Park back in the 90's, but it got canned. Concept artist William Stout was hired on to draw concept drawings for the cartoon, but it only got as far as a trailer.

Here is some of Stout's drawings for it.

Spoiler

[close]

Source

Damn shame, but at least it's the reason we had the Chaos Effect toyline from 1998.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

"Stop! We'll zap you!!"

ace3g

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I would have love a JP animated series as a kid back in the 90's. I would have watch that shit every day!

Alien³

Alien³

Yo, Doom! :P

:UPDATE: Some of my collection will be on eBay soon. I'll keep you guys posted. :-*

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed