Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,132 times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 10, 2015, 11:03:15 PM
JW's performance went strong for most of its theatrical run. People went to see it more than once. It made one Goddamn billion dollars at the box office. It's not a disappointment.

It's now the third highest-grossing film of all time, and second in North America if you don't count Titanic's 3D re-release. It had been assumed that Star Wars was a lock to annihilate Jurassic World's overall box office, but at this point, that's no longer certain - JW's a monster. It's also virtually guaranteed to hang on to its opening weekend record for a good long while (Force Awakens' winter launch isn't likely to touch it).

Critical reception wasn't spectacular, and RottenTomatoes' average nerd reviews are in the Avatar region of 81% positivity, but I don't think anyone ever expected it to be a Jurassic Park-level achievement.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 10, 2015, 11:06:06 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 10, 2015, 10:29:40 PM
Given the disappointment with JW, people likely won't be as hyped for the sequel.

Whaaaaaaa?

You're kidding right? The film got a very positive reaction pretty much across the board.

Yeah, the majority of people. But those who were disappointed (of the 100%, I'd say at least 30%) likely won't see the sequel. That's 30% of the revenue gone (potentially).

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 10, 2015, 11:37:19 PM
But those who were disappointed (of the 100%, I'd say at least 30%) likely won't see the sequel. That's 30% of the revenue gone (potentially).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 10, 2015, 11:47:21 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 10, 2015, 11:37:19 PM
But those who were disappointed (of the 100%, I'd say at least 30%) likely won't see the sequel. That's 30% of the revenue gone (potentially).

Don't take my word for it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Oh yes, that's obviously indicative of the entire audience who has seen the movie.

On IMDb, less than 10% of the users gave JW less than a 6. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an 81% user score.

Not to mention that A. not everyone uses the internet to rate movies and B. many people who "did not like the first one" (?) will see the sequel anyway.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

If you didn't like the first film, why bother with the sequel? I don't mean you specifically, in more general terms. Also, the IMDB rating is currently at 7.3/10 based on user ratings, so it's in line with the number from Metacritic.

System Apollo

System Apollo

I didn't think Jurassic World was all that necessary.    :-\

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 11, 2015, 02:18:13 AM
If you didn't like the first film, why bother with the sequel? I don't mean you specifically, in more general terms. Also, the IMDB rating is currently at 7.3/10 based on user ratings, so it's in line with the number from Metacritic.

Plenty of people don't like Jurassic Park 3 or The Lost World still went out and watched Jurassic World.

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

I love how for the toys, they've completely scrapped even the thinnest pretense of being scientifically accurate:

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Aug 11, 2015, 06:24:03 AM
I love how for the toys, they've completely scrapped even the thinnest pretense of being scientifically accurate:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/716gKHUVUqL._SL1000_.jpg

This is crap! Why even bother with doing such a surreal idea to begin with!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Aug 11, 2015, 06:24:03 AMI love how for the toys, they've completely scrapped even the thinnest pretense of being scientifically accurate:

:laugh:

noname

noname

Every boys on earth loves dinosaurs and robots. The movie is going to be a hot seller regardless of the quality. Look at transformers, they are making turd after turd yet it's always dominating the box office.

As for Jurassic world being scientifically inaccurate it probably has to do with children's taste. Kids love grotesque looking monsters and the movie was obviously aiming for little children regardless of the rating. In a business point of view they are doing it right.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Aug 11, 2015, 05:13:54 AM

Plenty of people don't like Jurassic Park 3 or The Lost World still went out and watched Jurassic World.

Exactly.

If Transformers 4 can draw in a massive audience despite a huge negative reaction (not only to it but the other two sequels) and green light a 5th, a JW sequel has nothing to worry about.

Doom you cray cray.

noname

noname

Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 11, 2015, 08:35:13 AM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Aug 11, 2015, 05:13:54 AM

Exactly.

If Transformers 4[/b] can draw in a massive audience despite a huge negative reaction (not only to it but the other two sequels) and green light a 5th, a JW sequel has nothing to worry about.

Doom you cray cray.

That probably has to do with the combination of dinosaurs and robots  ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Aug 11, 2015, 06:24:03 AM
Not only that but those look like utter crap. Quite in fact they've flopped.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed