Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,294 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 02, 2015, 09:46:40 PM
Our special guest on the next episode ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5CrtGs0wSc

Dayum, she aged incredibly well.  :-*

Vertigo

Vertigo

She's an incredible artist, too. Looking forward to that, nice one Alien3.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 02, 2015, 09:28:16 PM
I think the idea of controllable raptors could be neat if done correctly, I just don't like the idea of Chris Pratt doing it; it's hard for me to take his character seriously after seeing him portray Starlord from GotG, I see him more as a comedy guy.  I think it would be neat if the guy who commanded the raptors is someone who has deeper emotional issues; for example, this person has difficulty making friends with people so therefore he spends more time with dinosaurs and over time the dinosaurs learn to trust him more than other humans (this kinda reminds me of the bio for the Tracker Predator for the Predators action figure). 

Perhaps as the story progresses, this character will be able to reach out to other humans who need his help, probably the kid from the trailer, and learns to better connect with other people and then chooses to relinquish his pets back into the wild where they belong thus providing a piece of symbolic character development to the plot.  To me, a flawed character who grows within the story sounds like a better idea than "cool action star Pratt is so cool he can control dinosaurs, now watch him kick butt", which sounds pretty shallow, pretentious, and cliché.
As far as we know, he could be that character. He seems to be able to act seriously from the looks of the trailer and he seems like a hard ass, anti social type. Just because he's hunky looking doesn't mean he can't be all that.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

life size indominus figure when

Hubbs

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Feb 03, 2015, 12:19:51 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 02, 2015, 09:28:16 PM
I think the idea of controllable raptors could be neat if done correctly, I just don't like the idea of Chris Pratt doing it; it's hard for me to take his character seriously after seeing him portray Starlord from GotG, I see him more as a comedy guy.  I think it would be neat if the guy who commanded the raptors is someone who has deeper emotional issues; for example, this person has difficulty making friends with people so therefore he spends more time with dinosaurs and over time the dinosaurs learn to trust him more than other humans (this kinda reminds me of the bio for the Tracker Predator for the Predators action figure). 

Perhaps as the story progresses, this character will be able to reach out to other humans who need his help, probably the kid from the trailer, and learns to better connect with other people and then chooses to relinquish his pets back into the wild where they belong thus providing a piece of symbolic character development to the plot.  To me, a flawed character who grows within the story sounds like a better idea than "cool action star Pratt is so cool he can control dinosaurs, now watch him kick butt", which sounds pretty shallow, pretentious, and cliché.
As far as we know, he could be that character. He seems to be able to act seriously from the looks of the trailer and he seems like a hard ass, anti social type. Just because he's hunky looking doesn't mean he can't be all that.

I suppose that's possible, but the scene where he's riding a motorcycle with the raptors seems to imply that the studio is aiming more for "cool" than "deep".

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 02, 2015, 10:15:00 PMSlip a Tremors question in there :3

She was in Tremors 3? Never knew that!

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I have no problem with trained raptors. I hope Pratt rides a raptor into battle for no other reason than because it would be cool as f**k.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

It would be cinematic gold. Have him on the T-Rex too idgaf.

The Son of Paragus

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Is it sad that I can totally tell the author used as reference the first PAPO Tyrannosaurus (for JP), the newer 'Croc' PAPO Tyrannosaurus and the shot of the female approaching Eddie's car (for TLW) and again the PAPO Tyrannosaurus (for JPIII)?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

PAPO?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 04, 2015, 08:31:23 AM
PAPO?
It's a French toy company who has produced some neat Dinosaur figures -- heavily based on the JP designs.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Ah right, thanks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed