Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,489 times)

Alien³

Alien³

From the writer of the movie.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I've been betting from the start that when it comes to the raptors "control is an illusion" will come into play.

szkoki

szkoki

yeah about the raptors anyone saw that Pratt is holding something in his right hand when he is commanding the raptors? probably some kind of a more advanced noise making device like in the 3rd movie. and since he is "petting them, training them" since their birth they are a bit confused about him and about that he can talk to them. just like some animal trainers. but im pretty sure he wont hug them and ride them and so on..

so how will they kill the d-rex?

and what dna is it made of?  rex+spino? rex+raptor? rex+raptor+spino? maybe + human? it said is just as intelligent as a human

markweatherill

markweatherill

Quote from: szkoki on Feb 02, 2015, 01:04:12 PMa rainbow

I know unicorns are technically not dinosaurs, but hey wouldn't it be fabulous...

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 02, 2015, 10:03:51 AM
They totally should make a new JPOG with updated graphics. I'd play the shit out of it.
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=50755.0

Probably the closest we'll ever get.

Sozin

Sozin

The only part of the trailer I didn't much care for was the... flying dinosaurs (name escapes me at the moment, I'm sorry, Omega). Everything else? Looks pretty friggin awesome. Not necessarily what I would have expected or wanted from a new Jurassic Park film, but for what it is, I can definitely dig it. I like the savagery of the Indominus Rex (f**king love that name) and it's neat that people actually get a chance to fire their weapons at an actual dinosaur for once (looking at you, Grant).

All I need from this film is for the original Rex to come back and deal with the I-Rex and I'll be happy. 8)

MudButt

MudButt

Yes, finally weapons that work in these JP movies haha.

I loved how the I-Rex had a bloody mouth too, hopefully that means much more violence.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Oh the one thing that I found weird was the galloping Stegos. I'm all for the fast dinos, but it just didn't look believable for the Stegosaurs.

predxeno

predxeno

I think the idea of controllable raptors could be neat if done correctly, I just don't like the idea of Chris Pratt doing it; it's hard for me to take his character seriously after seeing him portray Starlord from GotG, I see him more as a comedy guy.  I think it would be neat if the guy who commanded the raptors is someone who has deeper emotional issues; for example, this person has difficulty making friends with people so therefore he spends more time with dinosaurs and over time the dinosaurs learn to trust him more than other humans (this kinda reminds me of the bio for the Tracker Predator for the Predators action figure). 

Perhaps as the story progresses, this character will be able to reach out to other humans who need his help, probably the kid from the trailer, and learns to better connect with other people and then chooses to relinquish his pets back into the wild where they belong thus providing a piece of symbolic character development to the plot.  To me, a flawed character who grows within the story sounds like a better idea than "cool action star Pratt is so cool he can control dinosaurs, now watch him kick butt", which sounds pretty shallow, pretentious, and cliché.

Alien³

Alien³

Our special guest on the next episode ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5CrtGs0wSc

Sozin

Sozin

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 02, 2015, 09:46:40 PM
Our special guest on the next episode ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5CrtGs0wSc
Well, that's just amazing. ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Slip a Tremors question in there :3

But really, that's great! Looking forward to listening!

Alien³

Alien³

Tremors will be brought up  ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

MAH MAN 8)

Alien³

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed