Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,002 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I hope the serirs doesn't stay fps. I loved wars and want more diversity.

Though I am upset micro$oft wants to rush the games. The stories better be good

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

One game every two years wouldn't be so bad.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 22, 2010, 06:20:18 PM
Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Sep 22, 2010, 06:15:23 PM
It's a bit presumptuous to think just because Bungie is gone that the series will decrease in quality. 343 is headed by a former member of Bungie, so at least the series will still be headed by one of its creators. Halo will probably become more than just a FPS series now. Does anyone else want a space fighter game after playing Long Night of Solace?

The worry is not Bungie being in charge. It's their mentality of "Oh 3 years is too long. We need to release more titles in a shorter time span." That's stupid. Rushing game titles never works out for anyone.
This

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 22, 2010, 01:57:25 PM
I don't think any Halo game will top Reach in the future anyway in terms of gameplay.
I agree, also, the chance of that much customization that has become signature of Bungie is unlikely as well.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Sep 22, 2010, 06:46:35 PM
Isn't that Microsoft's mentality though? Not surprising.

If that's true, why was one Halo game released every 3 years then?

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Cause that's how fast Bungie makes them. I'm sure if Bungie could have churned them out faster Microsoft would have loved that.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

They definately would have- but the games wouldn't be the high quality that we have today.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Just a cheap way to heavily milk a franchise to death in the wake of CoD's success. Saw this coming 7 parsecs away... and you know it'll work. People will buy the new Halo games.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yep. I will buy the first few no matter what, but if they start to get really bad, I'll give up.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Finished the campaign. If anyone wants to play some MP or anything, send me an invite.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Sep 22, 2010, 06:15:23 PM
It's a bit presumptuous to think just because Bungie is gone that the series will decrease in quality. 343 is headed by a former member of Bungie, so at least the series will still be headed by one of its creators. Halo will probably become more than just a FPS series now. Does anyone else want a space fighter game after playing Long Night of Solace?

Arent the former Bungie employees a level designer and a marketing dude?

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Finally beat the game, got all my nice achievements. The ending was crazy beyond belief.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

So, what parts of the story would you like to see in the next game?

I would maybe want to see the war starting on Harvest, so it could be a prequel to Halo Wars. A harvest game could make a fun FPS. Maybe a Halo 4, because we all know it will inevitably happen. I would love to see the series expand into more genres, like how Wars was an RTS. What genres of Halo games would you like to see? 

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

On the subject of "If You Came to Hear Me Beg", it only took me a couple of tries. I assassinated the Elite every time, except for a few times when I hit the Grunt instead. I only died twice. It didn't give me the achievement until the sixth or seventh assassination of the Elite, but after that I had to do it again because I got slaughtered by the Grunts and the fall was the easiest way to murder the Elite. Did I mention I was on Legendary?

In short: I'm awesome at getting achievements.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Sep 23, 2010, 03:23:33 AM
Cause that's how fast Bungie makes them. I'm sure if Bungie could have churned them out faster Microsoft would have loved that.

But they didn't because they wanted to take their time with each title and not rush it and risk releasing a half-assed product. Why fix what isn't broken?

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I'm not saying that's good, it's just how it is. Bungie made the games at a steady pace, but Microsoft would gladly release them earlier.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed