Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,648 times)

Remonster

Remonster

Yeah, but the nice thing about skins is that it's not that big a deal if you don't get them. That way you don't feel like you're missing out by preordering from one certain location.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The fact that all we're getting are skins makes me not want to pre-order it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 18, 2012, 05:50:56 PM
The pre-order bonuses for this game look eh, all over. Skins are such a lazy thing to include.

I have no problem with skins. In fact, I pre-ordered ODST and Reach solely for the skins.

Its just that none of these skins (or at least, the ones I bothered to look at) really look any good...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

f**k the skins, I just saw an image with all the damn Halo helmets, and I'm just happy that the EVA is still on there.

KNIGHT

Xenokiller

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Fuel rod cannon thingy looks a tad OP.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Really upset about the lack of the Plasma Rifle. That is one of Halo's most iconic weapons, and the replacement just doesn't look all too special.

Still, I'm glad that the carbine is returning (I love that gun!) and the Beam Rifle as well (I'm sorry, but I hated the Focus Rifle). The Grav Hammer is probably exclusive to multiplayer, since there probably won't be any Brutes in the game, and seeing the Concussion Rifle was a very welcome surprise.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 20, 2012, 02:02:54 AM
Really upset about the lack of the Plasma Rifle. That is one of Halo's most iconic weapons, and the replacement just doesn't look all too special.

I agree wholeheartedly. One of the most recognizable things from the franchise.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 20, 2012, 02:04:02 AM

Hopefully this is just a one-off type of thing, and they learn like Bungie did when they didn't include the Halo gun, the AR, in Halo 2.

Nightlord

Nightlord

I can't even express how happy I am that muh baby, the carbine is back.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 20, 2012, 02:02:54 AMStill, I'm glad that the carbine is returning (I love that gun!) and the Beam Rifle as well (I'm sorry, but I hated the Focus Rifle).

I agree, the Beam Rifle is great. And I don't know about you guys, but I've really come to love the concussion rifle over the last few weeks.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, most of my friends seem to not like the Concussion Rifle, but I love it. Its effective, and its just a lot of fun to use.

I really can't wait to use the Carbine again myself.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Sinister Serenity on Sep 20, 2012, 02:00:44 AM
Fuel rod cannon thingy looks a tad OP.
Looks about the same as it has been in all previous games.

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 20, 2012, 02:04:02 AM

Yeah, and the thing was amazing against Elites. Lowered their sheild incredibly fast, and then pelted them to death before they could say a garble a word of objection. Then again, just because we didn't see it showcased doesn't mean it won't be there. I remember when everybody thought the Plasma Repeater was replacing the Plamsa Rifle in Reach just because it never got any display time.

At least the Storm Rifle is looking brutal. Also, the Carbine coming back... my favorite weapon aside from the Plasma Pistol (which is looking really good as well). Oh, and the Beam Rifle which I didn't like at all in Halo 3 but loved in Halo 2 has a glorious redesign.

Concussion Rifle really only was good for pushing vehicles away and causing mass frustration on Legendary in the hands of Elite Majors. Hopefully they've made it an effective anti-personnel weapon.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

No plasma rifle?

Oh, shit....legendary is going to be a HUGE bitch now. Hopefully them Promethean weapons can do something about that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed