Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 768,206 times)

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Like I said before, that's the thing I loved most about Halo 2. The switching back and forth between Chief and Arbiter. Maybe the reason the majority of people who somehow found it "annoying" is because that it was something "new" to them and wasn't your average FPS game. It was a bold choice for them to have done that, and I'm glad they did.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

And playing through Halo 3 again, I wish that they had kept the game like that. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Halo 3, but I definitely think it would have benefited with extra Arbiter levels that deal more with his side of the story.

Master Chief

Master Chief

I think the Arbiter's story was handled well enough in H2. Killing Tartarus was a good stopping point.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

The only thing I felt about Halo 3 was that it did conclude the trilogy nicely, but at the same time, it always ends the same. But you gotta admit, that final Warthog escape was pretty damn epic! It took many of the great elements from CE and incorporated them into Halo 3. Almost gave for a "nostalgic feel" while playing it.

Effectz

Effectz

Halo 3 inside the flood ship was such a hard level,it drove me bonkers.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Master Chief on Apr 27, 2012, 03:31:37 PM
I think the Arbiter's story was handled well enough in H2. Killing Tartarus was a good stopping point.

Stopping point, heck. That cliffhanger was the perfect way to not only end the game, but to aggravate the living hell out of the player.

Njm1983

Njm1983

I found the switching back and forth a bit disjointed. It wasnt bad, i liked how it was different but by the time i got back to playing the other character i had forgotten some of where i had left off.  But thats mostly because id play a chapter then come back to it a few days later. If id just pulled an all nighter it probably would have been smoother.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm gonna reinstall Halo on my PC. I don't imagine anyone here plays that?

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 28, 2012, 03:11:29 AM

I do. Its fun. Check out Halo Cusom Edition.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Finished up Halo 3. It was great playing through the trilogy again. Has me very excited for what Halo 4 has to offer.

I think now I'm going to try to catch myself up on the recent books. I want to have everything read before November 6th. Guess I'll be picking up Cryptum, Glasslands, Primordium, and soon The Thursday War, since they all have direct ties to stuff in Halo 4 :)

EDIT: Two leaked screenshots from Halo 4's campaign:
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/First-Ever-Halo-4-Campaign-Screenshots-Leaked-41915.html

Nothing special, but the inside of the Forward Unto Dawn looks cool.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: cloverfan98 on Apr 28, 2012, 05:12:22 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 28, 2012, 03:11:29 AM

I do. Its fun. Check out Halo Cusom Edition.

What is that, a mod?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Here's the Halopedia page for the Custom edition:
http://www.halopedian.com/Halo_Custom_Edition

I've been wanting to get Combat Evolved for my computer. I should see if I can find a cheap copy, maybe we can set up some games :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

So it allows for the creation of user content? Sounds good but I'm not a modder.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Well, it allows that, but it's also a version of the Multiplayer portion of the game that allows mods and user created levels to be played. It is absolutely insane how much fun it can be. Be sure to check out the map called "Coldsnap", some of my greatest Halo MP memories are from that map. It's ridiculous how big it is, and you can fly stuff like Longswords, fighter jets, and Missile Hogs. I... have some stories.

You can download the maps (and I think even the Custom Edition) here:

http://www.halomaps.org/

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Wait, you can download the entire Custom Edition? Shit, I may have to do that. I've always wanted to fly the Longswords and Pelicans, and have always been disappointed in every new game that lacks this feature...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed