Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 762,027 times)

Prime113

Prime113

Mother. Of. God. This game is looking so sexy! That 3rd picture...nom nom.  :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

That last picture was new to me. :)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 25, 2012, 10:11:20 AM
Mother. Of. God. This game is looking so sexy! That 3rd picture...nom nom.  :laugh:
Mmf, I was thinking that for the first one...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I love how the assault rifle keeps changing from game to game. It's like Chief has a mysterious UNSC aesthetics coach we don't know about :P

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Just finished playing Halo 2 again. Absolutely love this game  8)

Now to start Halo 3, my first real introduction to Halo. Let the excellent nostalgia trip begin.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Talk about being blindsided.
Earlier today I was watching a vid on TGWTG on Most Annoying Video Game Characters and ol Arby made number 2.
The backlash against the vid was pretty large as far more notorious characters were snubbed. I still took the time to do a little research and had no idea the character was so hated in certain circles, though I suppose I should have expected it.

I can get not liking the switching aspect of the game, but to jump from that to the character being annoying is a very big jump.
That is like saying Charles Foster Kane is annoying because you play a level as him very now and then in Mass Effect. Sure it may be jarring and sure you may want to stick with the character you grew to like from the first game, but it is Charles Foster Kane.
That is actually pretty much all they did in the vid was complain about the switching aspect, culminating when they called him the Jar Jar Binks of the series.

I know for a fact that Keith David cannot play annoying even if he tries. He screen tested for Jar Jar Binks while off to the side some producers were watching Die Hard. By the end of the audition, they couldn't tell the difference between his line reading and the Die Hard tape. Carl Sagan mentioned this in the Cosmos episode on manliness titled A Study of MAN, the Origins of MAN-Stuff.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I started out filled with rage.

I ended up laughing so hard I broke my trachea.

Vakarian

Vakarian

I've not followed Halo since the first trailer for Halo 4 came out. Looking at those pics...

...The game looks like a lot of fun. I just hope they make the covenant a little more...Intimidating.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Vakarian on Apr 26, 2012, 02:00:52 AM
I've not followed Halo since the first trailer for Halo 4 came out. Looking at those pics...

...The game looks like a lot of fun. I just hope they make the covenant a little more...Intimidating.

I'm not sure they really have to be intimidating this time around. They're not the main enemy, and for all we know, these Covenant species that we're fighting may not even be a part of the collective Covenant. The group has been split after the events of Halo 2, and nearly destroyed after 3. This could be an unorganized group of savages cut off from the real Covenant 20 years ago for all we know.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/04/23/the-world-of-halo-4.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

Seeing as Glasslands ties into Halo 4, this is more than likely the case.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Hm, I better pick up Glasslands then, this sounds interesting. :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: TheMonolith on Apr 26, 2012, 01:24:14 AM
Talk about being blindsided.
Earlier today I was watching a vid on TGWTG on Most Annoying Video Game Characters and ol Arby made number 2.
The backlash against the vid was pretty large as far more notorious characters were snubbed. I still took the time to do a little research and had no idea the character was so hated in certain circles, though I suppose I should have expected it.

I can get not liking the switching aspect of the game, but to jump from that to the character being annoying is a very big jump.
That is like saying Charles Foster Kane is annoying because you play a level as him very now and then in Mass Effect. Sure it may be jarring and sure you may want to stick with the character you grew to like from the first game, but it is Charles Foster Kane.
That is actually pretty much all they did in the vid was complain about the switching aspect, culminating when they called him the Jar Jar Binks of the series.

I know for a fact that Keith David cannot play annoying even if he tries. He screen tested for Jar Jar Binks while off to the side some producers were watching Die Hard. By the end of the audition, they couldn't tell the difference between his line reading and the Die Hard tape. Carl Sagan mentioned this in the Cosmos episode on manliness titled A Study of MAN, the Origins of MAN-Stuff.

People hate The Arbiter simply because they go back and forth between him and Chief in the game? What sort of reasoning is this?

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

You assume they are using reason.

I chalk it up to them being repelled by Keith David's massive aura of MAN-Stuff.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

But...that just drew me in.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

And drove linear minded dullards out.  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed