How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Author
How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"? (Read 67,976 times)

SiL

If author intentions actually got listened to then we wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place because the Brothers wouldn't have made this new life-cycle.

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Lambert getting impregnated by the Alien's tail could be possible, if the tail was able to enject semen into the victim's body. Maybe the tail functions as being able to paralyze and impregnate or the tail stung Lambert and then the Alien "regurgitated" in her mouth. I always thought that tail of being a stinger of sorts and having some kind of paralyzine poison at the tip. Yes, I know the tail also impales enemies, but that's just another ability of the tail, obviously, for self-defense.

What if the egg-morphing method begins with the tail? The face-hugger oral rapes its victims when they are alive, maybe the full-grown Alien has its own way to "rape" its victims by injecting something through its tail or paralyzing its victims with its tail and then is able to "regurgitate" into their mouths.

Who's not to say that after killing Parker, it also began the egg-morphing process with him? There were two people the Alien killed in the same area, so maybe, instead of taking the time to haul them back to the "hive", it quickly killed them and began the egg-morphing process right there, possibly through the stinging of the tail or maybe it "regurgitated" in their mouths.

Why was Lambert's body hanging?

As we saw in Alien, it killed Brett and then began the egg-morphing prcoess, so maybe the Alien kills to get its fill of food and then begins the egg-morphing process. So, this egg-morphing process would have to do with either paralyzing or killing its victims, first.

In AVP-R, with the shot of the woman in the hospital bed and the PredAlien near her, we can certainly tell that the PredAlien is probably going to do the "regurgitation". We don't know what is wrong with that woman in the hospital bed, so she probably can't move for some reason.

We can bitch and complain about this new regurgitation method, but I'm really curious of how it will look on-screen.

Space Disc Jockey

Also, in Alien 3, before the Alien and Ripley have their first "encounter", why wasn't the Alien starting the egg-morphing process?

If there was no Queen, what would've the Alien done to keep the reproduction going?

Did the Alien know there was a Queen chestburster growing, before it encountered Ripley?

Did the Alien not care about reproduction and was just focused on killing/eating everything in its path?

Clydewyman

Quote from: gameoverman on Nov 21, 2007, 01:20:03 PM
Quote from: Clyde Wyman on Nov 21, 2007, 12:09:04 PM
1.Some elements not being faithful to the comics and video games (reasonable argument, I can accept that)

People are complaining it isn't faithful to the movies, not comics and video games.

Quote2. No violence, gore and sex (If you are watching the movie just to watch these three, then I'm sorry. You are not a true Alien and Predator fan, suggest you join the sex club instead. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a fair share of blood and gore in films but as far as watching movie just to see violence is concerned, that's not my idea of enjoying a movie)

No smart person here wants sex in an Alien or Predator movie.  Not excessive violence either.  Just a movie that stays true to the roots of the franchise, not a dumbed down kids movie.

I copy that gameoverman, but apparently, Paul Anderson's AVP movie is the first one in the AVP movie franchise. If people argued that the storyline of the movie isn't the same as the comic books, I can accept that. But unfortunately for some retards who only watch a movie just to see violence and sex, they aren't truly enjoying a movie and it's storyline. Which makes them sad pandas.

SiL

Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Nov 22, 2007, 09:08:13 AM
Also, in Alien 3, before the Alien and Ripley have their first "encounter", why wasn't the Alien starting the egg-morphing process?
We never see what it's doing with the hosts.

Space Disc Jockey

Well, that's true. If I remember, the Alien killed two prisoners, before encountering Ripley. The second kill (candles scene) could've been the start of egg-morphing.

Again, if there was no Queen in Alien 3, and if the writers didn't think about the egg-morphing, how do you think the Alien would've reproduced?

SiL

Egg morphing, because the writers had put it in as a scene that got deleted for budget reasons.

Space Disc Jockey

Quote from: SiL on Nov 22, 2007, 10:08:32 AM
Egg morphing, because the writers had put it in as a scene that got deleted for budget reasons.

You're talking about Alien 3? I didn't know there was a cocoon/egg-morphing scene written in the Alien 3 script.

The egg-morphing/cocoon scene in Alien was deleted, because of pacing issues, according to Ridley.

Clydewyman

I wonder how did the Wolf Predator gets it's runes on the top of his mask. Probably it's a well-respected hunter and had hunted many hunts.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Nov 22, 2007, 09:04:45 AM
Why was Lambert's body hanging?

It could have been placed laying down on something, with the leg just hanging over the side.

Quote from: SiL on Nov 22, 2007, 09:21:25 AM
We never see what it's doing with the hosts.

Unfortunately, 'Alien Resurrection' killed that possibility. The end credits of 'Alien 3' have Weyland-Yutani taking the prison apart and while there was some room for saying they might have secretly recovered cocoons, the next film took the unnecessary step of leaping forward a century or so and showing the Aliens had still not been encountered by the public.

There could always be an allusion to such an experiment happening, getting out of hand and someone self-destructing the facility, only for it to later be covered up, of course.

Which actually gives me an interesting idea for a sequel, if the place was bricked up or whatever and found by later explorers of it...

SiL

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 22, 2007, 04:28:28 PM
Unfortunately, 'Alien Resurrection' killed that possibility.
Not necessarily. The tunnels that the prisoners work in are miles and miles long, and WY only knew about two Aliens - The dog-born and the Queen. It's not too unreasonable to assume they wouldn't have gone looking for eggs because it would take a long time, and they have no reason to look anyway since the Queen never got born.

It's a crapload more reasonable than the derelict being intact! :P

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Nov 22, 2007, 08:00:38 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 22, 2007, 04:28:28 PM
Unfortunately, 'Alien Resurrection' killed that possibility.
Not necessarily. The tunnels that the prisoners work in are miles and miles long, and WY only knew about two Aliens - The dog-born and the Queen. It's not too unreasonable to assume they wouldn't have gone looking for eggs because it would take a long time, and they have no reason to look anyway since the Queen never got born.

It's a crapload more reasonable than the derelict being intact! :P

Indeed. My Alien Versus Predator fan fiction in the making is all about an egg that was not found on Fury 161.

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Here are some questions/problems I have with the Alien movies/AVP-R. Now, I know some of the ideas were brought up, AFTER Alien, but still, some of these ideas that came after Alien are still contradicting...

1. How did the Derelict arrive on LV-426? Were the Jockey's carrying the Alien eggs already, or did they find the Alien eggs on LV-426?

2. How did WY know about the Alien species in ALIEN, before the Nostromo investigated LV-426/Derelict?

3. If Alien drones can molt into Queens, why ddin't the Alien in ALIEN molt into a Queen?

4. Why did the Alien kill Parker and Lambert and not use them as egg-morphing hosts?

5. How come the Alien in Alien 3 didn't use the egg-morphing process, before encountering Riplley?

6. Why didn't the Alien in Alien 3 capture/cocoon Ripley?

7. Why didn't the Alien in Alien 3 kill Ripley and allow the Queen to emerge from her dead body, if we are to believe that chestbursters can burst from dead bodies (Scar, for example)?

8. How is it possible that one facehugger impregnated two hosts in Alien 3? If it had the two drone and Queen embryos in both of those sacs, then why didn't it do the same in ALIEN?

9. Did the Queen lay one final egg on the Sulaco? If so, did she lay the egg, because it carried a Queen embryo, therefore, she layed that egg as a last resort to carry on the species?

10. Did the Queen in Alien: Resurrection use an egg-sac?

11. Was the face-hugger that attacked Newt's father, the Queen carrier?

12. How was the Queen burster cloned through Ripley's blood? Isn't that too far of a stretch to have mixed the Alien blood, with hers?

Xenomorphine

Wow... You're right. I just checked.

The actually facility is just "closed and sealed", with the "remaining refinery equipment" being what is "sold as scrap".

Even so, I find it difficult to imagine Weyland-Yutani didn't go over that place with a fine toothcomb, in the hope of at least getting something for their efforts, even if only genetic fragments from the resin they would have known the things make. It would only have required sending in some robotic drones of the type no doubt standard for checking all their spaceships over for wear and tear, by that time.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

A lot of those questions reflect the very ambiguity of intriguing possibilities which made the films so famous. :)

Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Nov 22, 2007, 08:17:12 PM
How did the Derelict arrive on LV-426? Were the Jockey's carrying the Alien eggs already, or did they find the Alien eggs on LV-426?

There was no indication of whether the derelict truly was a ship, as Ripley presumes, or was just a building.

QuoteHow did WY know about the Alien species in ALIEN, before the Nostromo investigated LV-426/Derelict?

Perhaps from decrypting more of the warning than Ripley had been able to.

QuoteIf Alien drones can molt into Queens, why ddin't the Alien in ALIEN molt into a Queen?

Before 'Alien 3', that was a possibility, because of how it behaved in the shuttle. As others have been bringing up, however, it was not showing nearly the same clues of it gradually doing so as the Predalien is.

QuoteWhy did the Alien kill Parker and Lambert and not use them as egg-morphing hosts?

We don't know what happened to Lambert, but Parker marked himself out as a threat in need of elimination.

Ripley, however, might have been intended as a victim for the recent hive eggs.

QuoteWhy didn't the Alien in Alien 3 capture/cocoon Ripley?

Danger of physically injuring her in the process.

QuoteWhy didn't the Alien in Alien 3 kill Ripley and allow the Queen to emerge from her dead body, if we are to believe that chestbursters can burst from dead bodies (Scar, for example)?

Queens appear to need more devlopment time.

However, close to the hatching, it appeared to decide the benefits of killing outweighed the costs of not doing so.

QuoteHow is it possible that one facehugger impregnated two hosts in Alien 3? If it had the two drone and Queen embryos in both of those sacs, then why didn't it do the same in ALIEN?

We only see one egg, but there could have been more than that. The 'superfacehugger' idea is also possibly valid for future stories to confirm.

QuoteDid the Queen in Alien: Resurrection use an egg-sac?

Yes. It changes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed