The blue liquid

Started by SlappyMCnasty, Nov 07, 2007, 03:37:56 PM

Author
The blue liquid (Read 52,411 times)

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Well, personally, I don't give a shit about what the blue liquid is. It's a movie about monsters fighting each other. No one is going to take the time to explain what the mysterious blue substance that melts Aliens is. Nor do I care.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 08, 2007, 07:16:44 AM
Science is used for eveything damn it. You can't just say that lame excuse.

who are you arguing with here? I never said that you can just totally abandon scientific facts altogether, even in a sci-fi film.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 08, 2007, 07:19:37 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 08, 2007, 07:16:44 AM
Science is used for eveything damn it. You can't just say that lame excuse.

who are you arguing with here? I never said that you can just totally abandon scientific facts altogether, even in a sci-fi film.

Was talking to Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

QuoteScience is used for eveything damn it. You can't just say that lame excuse.

This is why I prefer the alien franchise as a whole. I can use psuedo-science to explain things and feel like I'm having a semi-intellectual conversation.  Obviously there are still some things that fall foul to a complete lack of reality but I find that it happens much more in the predator movies.  Dispite what some people around here might think I actually love the predator creature especially from the first movie but when you try and geek off and explain things you find yourself running into dead ends far too quickly.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

A dead end usually means that it is truly impossible to explain, this is becoming more true for this blue liquid thing.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Nov 08, 2007, 07:19:10 AM
Well, personally, I don't give a shit about what the blue liquid is. It's a movie about monsters fighting each other. No one is going to take the time to explain what the mysterious blue substance that melts Aliens is. Nor do I care.

There's a problem when the idea of these two iconic creations are reduced to the status of being just a mere monster vs. flick, that you can mildly enjoy, as opposed to doing both franchises proper justice and making sure their iconic status is not downgraded or dumbed down for the sake of b-movie freddy vs. jason wankery.
Directors/writers of bad sci-fi films..etc. often count on the fact that the average public indeed doesn't give a rats ass about any specific details, science or probability but rather mindless action, hot woman and explosions, which is just sad really. The alien or predator franchises or even avp should not be reduced to that.
Should characters in the film have a dialogue explaining the liquid in great scientific detail, no of course not, but that doesn't mean you can just have it in the film and bank on the fact that no one will call into question how nonsensical it really is.

Also how many viles of this shit does he have with him, as theres no way one would contain enough lilquid to get rid of every alien corpse. If he has a shitload of them, plus the medkit, plus the whip, plus the spear, plus a couple shurikens, plus a couple shoulder cannons, plus wristblades, plus armor, plus self-destruct device,..etc..etc..etc.
How the hell is he running around and not dropping shit or damaging anything or able to be as agile and quick as a predator usually is?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Hell even a B-Movie monster flick explanation would be enough for me, if it isn't laughable

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Hey you can't diss Freddy vs Jason, it aknowledged from the begining exactly what kind of film it was and never tried to be anything more... pure popcorn cheese?  Yes but immensely enjoyable with a few friends and a load of beers. ;)  I now fully expect AVP-R to be the same boat as Freddy vs Jason.  I'm pretty sure I'll sit around with the guys and we'll make crude remarks about tits and arse, laugh at stuff that isn't supposed to be funny, shout "OWNED" every time an alien dies and high-five eachother as we bask in the sheer badassary of Wolf. 

Of course as entertaining as that may be, it's not what any of us will really want.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Nov 08, 2007, 07:31:01 AM
Hey you can't diss Freddy vs Jason, it aknowledged from the begining exactly what kind of film it was and never tried to be anything more... pure popcorn cheese?  Yes but immensely enjoyable with a few friends and a load of beers. ;)  I now fully expect AVP-R to be the same boat as Freddy vs Jason.  I'm pretty sure I'll sit around with the guys and we'll make crude remarks about tits and arse, laugh at stuff that isn't supposed to be funny, shout "OWNED" every time an alien dies and high-five eachother as we bask in the sheer badassary of Wolf. 

Of course as entertaining as that may be, it's not what any of us will really want.

It will be a sad day if it is like that.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Nov 08, 2007, 07:31:01 AM

i know that freddy vs. jason was supposed to be what it was. (at least it was no jason x. lol) But the alien and predator films are on a higher tier of excellence than any freddy or jason film even when those films are done properly. Avp-r should not be in the same boat as the aforementioned film. It should not be a film, where people and their "drinking buddies" have to drink everytime there's a random alien killed effortlessly by the predator as if its a f**king steven seagal or chuck norris film. lol.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

An AVP-R drinking game would be lethal;

Take a drink whenever Wolf does something "Badass" or "Awesome"
Take a drink whenever an alien dies effortlessly
Take a drink whenever someone laughs involuntarily at the predalien design

You'd be dead before you got half way through the movie.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Nov 08, 2007, 07:43:14 AM
An AVP-R drinking game would be lethal;

Take a drink whenever Wolf does something "Badass" or "Awesome"
Take a drink whenever an alien dies effortlessly
Take a drink whenever someone laughs involuntarily at the predalien design

You'd be dead before you got half way through the movie.

;D

You could also play the "try not to vomit when the predalien imploys its mouth to mouth reproduction method" game as well.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Cirrhosis would definitely become an issue afterwards, at least for the hardier amongst us.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 08, 2007, 06:32:47 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 07, 2007, 11:34:33 PM
If the base causes conductive electricity, that will affect the acid causing the alien to turn into powder from the inside out.

I don't know about that, not entirely familiar with physics/chemsitry in that regard. lol.

but according to info on both these sites:

http://www.anchorpointessays.com/essays.html

http://www.serenadawn.com/Alien-TheCollectedEssays.htm

it seems that the aliens blood functions like a bio-electric "battery" of sorts, and the aliens internal structure is not damaged by the acidic "blood" it contains. It oxidizes after death, so the acidic reactivity is not merely inherent to the static properties of the fluid itself.
I'm not sure you can just cause a reaction indusive to electricity and then have it harm the aliens internal structure.

this was particularly interesting:

"This process of neutralization could indicate that the low pH levels are being maintained through a specific organ, or group of organs. In such a theory these organs could maintain a specific pH level through the controlled release of alkaline components into the blood stream - then once the organ ceased to function the pH levels may be able rise as this control is lost and the body floods with the neutralizing base"

So if a base is added to the aliens physiology, why would it react explosively? It seems it would only neutralize the acidity of the circulatory fluid that is called "blood" for the purposes of simplicity.

One thing that argument and both sites fail to adress is Alien blood completely dissolves things that acids can't

Wolfs Girl

Wolfs Girl

What the stuff could be like quicklime (what kind of acid is that) used in some film to dissolve a body to get rid of the evidence.
The Predators probably got the stuff from the Aliens home world to do the same job, or it could be some kind of genetically engineered substance they discovered that can act with the aliens acid blood, or body fluids to make some kind of reaction that ends up destroying the Aliens whole genetic makeup completely..
Who's to know what kind of substances back on both Aliens homeoworld that is totally different to anything found here on Earth.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed