The blue liquid

Started by SlappyMCnasty, Nov 07, 2007, 03:37:56 PM

Author
The blue liquid (Read 52,553 times)

WisePredator

WisePredator

Where does Wolf keep his 'magic blue liquid'?

And he needs alot to get rid of all those xeno bodies.

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

Whatever it is, it works.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

QuoteApes don't see purely in thermal, which is the main issue, but this is a debate taking place on a different place

You're forgetting that Highlandpred has said in the past that just because infrared was used to portray the predator vision it doesn't actually mean that they use it.  o_O Something along the lines of they see on some level of the electromagnetic spectrum that LOOKS like infrared but ISN'T infrared that we cant comprehend.

Warrior Angel

Warrior Angel

i'd call it.....sluckoo goop or xenomorph distingusher

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Nov 08, 2007, 06:45:22 PM
You're forgetting that Highlandpred has said in the past that just because infrared was used to portray the predator vision it doesn't actually mean that they use it.  o_O Something along the lines of they see on some level of the electromagnetic spectrum that LOOKS like infrared but ISN'T infrared that we can comprehend.

And just happened to be fooled by precisely the same countermeasures as used against Infra-Red. :D

Nightmare

Nightmare

i havent read the whole thread, so sry if i say something alredy said before

i was readign the part of the base, and if it wouldnt only neutralize the acid

an acid and a base would neutralzie each other by turnign into water, (HO- reacts with H+ and forms water, HO- is present in all bases and H+ is in all acids, or the oposite im not sure now...)

if the blood had any vital importance in the alien body (i dont think alien blood is just for defense, but could be the case since its an alien) then the blood would become pretty f**ked up and possibly enter in more chemical reactions with the rest of the alien organism.

this way alien dies.

by the alien meltign, i would say it destroys somehow the organsim self acid protection which would melt the alien from inside

maybe the blood becomes less saturated (cause of water forming) and loses pressure, somehow this leads to what i said before

its a good scientific explanation

nukem11

nukem11

Not sure f any ones mentioned this they probaly have but this blue liquid was seen in Predator 2 when he got he med-kit out and used a blue liquid to break down the wall. It might be very simular to that.

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

I didn't think of that. Nice. Maybe he was just trying to heal himself and the alien attacked him so he shoved it down its throat.

Wolfs Girl

Wolfs Girl

Quote from: Nightmare on Nov 08, 2007, 07:12:22 PM
if the blood had any vital importance in the alien body (i dont think alien blood is just for defense, but could be the case since its an alien) then the blood would become pretty f**ked up and possibly enter in more chemical reactions with the rest of the alien organism.

this way alien dies.

by the alien meltign, i would say it destroys somehow the organsim self acid protection which would melt the alien from inside

It's probably something that reacts with the aliens body to upset the balance making the blood kill the alien.
We have acid in our stomachs yet the body has its way of containing it. If that balance is upset, like stress or something then we get ulcers which is the acid burning through the protective wall. Perhaps that's how the blue liquid works against the alien.

Axlotl

Axlotl

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 08, 2007, 07:54:05 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 08, 2007, 06:32:47 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 07, 2007, 11:34:33 PM
If the base causes conductive electricity, that will affect the acid causing the alien to turn into powder from the inside out.

I don't know about that, not entirely familiar with physics/chemsitry in that regard. lol.

but according to info on both these sites:

http://www.anchorpointessays.com/essays.html

http://www.serenadawn.com/Alien-TheCollectedEssays.htm

it seems that the aliens blood functions like a bio-electric "battery" of sorts, and the aliens internal structure is not damaged by the acidic "blood" it contains. It oxidizes after death, so the acidic reactivity is not merely inherent to the static properties of the fluid itself.
I'm not sure you can just cause a reaction indusive to electricity and then have it harm the aliens internal structure.

this was particularly interesting:

"This process of neutralization could indicate that the low pH levels are being maintained through a specific organ, or group of organs. In such a theory these organs could maintain a specific pH level through the controlled release of alkaline components into the blood stream - then once the organ ceased to function the pH levels may be able rise as this control is lost and the body floods with the neutralizing base"

So if a base is added to the aliens physiology, why would it react explosively? It seems it would only neutralize the acidity of the circulatory fluid that is called "blood" for the purposes of simplicity.

One thing that argument and both sites fail to adress is Alien blood completely dissolves things that acids can't

I would like to know specific examples, I've been rather curious about that.

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

I don't think that acid can burn through glass.

Axlotl

Axlotl

Quote from: Foundationman2 on Nov 13, 2007, 05:33:06 AM

True. And Ripley did blow out that window on the Betty... but A:R doesn't count, right?

SM

SM

Course it does.  Ripley's blood is less acidic than a normal Alien and easily made a meal of the window.  Dunno if it was glass though.

SiL

SiL

Yet the Alien blood did diddly squat to the glass on the observation cell.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 08, 2007, 07:02:35 PM
And just happened to be fooled by precisely the same countermeasures as used against Infra-Red. :D
Covering yourself in mud doesn't make you invisible in infra-red ;)

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Foundationman2 on Nov 13, 2007, 05:33:06 AM

When do we see Alien acid burn through something we know is glass?

And anyway, all we know about the Alien's blood is that it is "some kind of molecular acid".  We have no info on specific properties.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed