Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Dec 09, 2018, 05:55:36 PM

Author
Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. (Read 109,743 times)

SM

Quote from: Trioxin on Jan 09, 2020, 02:01:12 AM
Avpr is the best of the worst as others have put it.

AvPR is the nadir.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SM on Jan 09, 2020, 02:19:58 AM

AvPR is the nadir.

Read the subject of this thread again.

The Old One

The Old One

A SM pattern is forming, although I agree, I disagree that here's the right place for it.

AVPR is objectively the worst, but I can see reasons to hate AVP, The Predator and Resurrection more, certainly not the best stuff, any of them though.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 09, 2020, 02:09:42 AM

My Man!

Now I finally understand what it's all about  :laugh: *cough cough* So Bad, It's Good *cough cough*

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, that's the only way it's enjoyable, it's an Asylum film with the AVP license.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 09, 2020, 03:30:59 AM
Yeah, that's the only way it's enjoyable, it's an Asylum film with the AVP license.

Interesting way to look at it!

Louche

I actually found the way the movie portrayed the town getting invaded pretty scary. Something about that hospital scene works really well. We see the hospital overflowing with injured townsfolk and that's a harrowing scene in of itself. Then later on we see the exact same spot and it's completely empty. No sign of a struggle even. (because you know, cocooned and all that)
Creepy as hell.

SM

We never get to see all the wounded people inside though, and the panic and doctors being overwhelmed.  All we see is maternity which is all but empty.  Is there even anybody in the hive?  Woulda been cool to see some people stuck to the walls.

The Cruentus

Yeah the only people that was cocooned were the pregnant women. Without eggs about, there probably was no reason to cocoon anyone to the walls.

Trioxin

I found the opposite. I found that in the beginning killing a child was to me a bit of a shock l. " oh damn they are killing kids now."  Later on the hospital scene... It just to me felt like the director was like "well we started off by killing a kid and his father what's worse than that ?"

SM

Less said about that the better...

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 12, 2020, 01:10:13 PM
Yeah the only people that was cocooned were the pregnant women. Without eggs about, there probably was no reason to cocoon anyone to the walls.

But they wrote Chet to be the Queen didn't they?  She'd start laying in the next day or so.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I think Colin might have said it would take like a week for it to become a full... PredQueen? Huh.

But its been so long I don't remember well.

Kradan

The imagery of Chet standing in front of helpless newborns really terrifies me 'cause I'm afraid to even think what she would possibly do to them, Brrrr,,,

SM

I think they could've had Dallas and co. walk past the maternity ward later and just have a shot of all the cribs be empty.  There's no blood and the characters don't comment on it.

The Old One

The Old One

I like the fact I can use AVP and AVPR Alien designs- from NECA as the Resurrected Drone and Warrior from the PS1 title.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed