Captured Predator on Display At CineEurope

Started by ace3g, Jun 13, 2018, 12:48:41 AM

Author
Captured Predator on Display At CineEurope (Read 62,128 times)

GQSioux

When I see this, I get a Predator suit designed by Wakanda sort of vibe.

Hollywood

Quote from: frenchfries on Jun 13, 2018, 08:18:39 PM
where did you see the art book?
Quote from: azamultic on Jun 13, 2018, 08:23:43 PM
Frenchfries you can find small black and white image of the cover of the art book here on this site somewhere in the news section, it was like few months ago

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2018/03/17/art-and-making-of-the-predator-cover-shows-new-predator-design/

Here you go.

azamultic

Strange I feel like captured didnt have this lower leg armor in the trailer

frenchfries

Quote from: Hollywood on Jun 13, 2018, 08:44:27 PM
Frenchfries you can find small black and white image of the cover of the art book here on this site somewhere in the news section, it was like few months ago

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2018/03/17/art-and-making-of-the-predator-cover-shows-new-predator-design/

Here you go.
thanks. I'm getting some old school Kenner figures vibe from that prop statue. the armor and the predator looks way better in the trailers

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I really like this Predator design, I've wanted a more armored Predator for a long time, so this is a satisfactory design. Only minor gripe I have is the lack of full body netting.

Still, overall 8.5/10 design.

Jigsaw85

Ha and they said the AVP Preds had too much armor.  :D

Xerxész

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jun 13, 2018, 10:07:10 PM
Only minor gripe I have is the lack of full body netting.

The netting is there, just you can't see it over the full body due to the full body armor.

skull-splitter

Quote from: frenchfries on Jun 13, 2018, 08:58:06 PM
Quote from: Hollywood on Jun 13, 2018, 08:44:27 PM

Here you go.
thanks. I'm getting some old school Kenner figures vibe from that prop statue. the armor and the predator looks way better in the trailers
Sigh...

Again:
This is a promotional statue. Like the Sam Fishers, Batman, Spiderman, assassin's creed type of statues. They go for anything between 700-2000, lack detailing and finish and are produced for static display with an approximation of what is on screen.

This is not a suit, this is not a display like ADI once did for AvP, but just a statue. So don't mind colors and sculptural details, only focus on general design.

Beano

Beano

I wish ADI would just f**k off. They cannot create a well designed predator for shit....I hate everyone they've ever done. They cannot do a good predator either, everyone they've created looks so fake.

Beano

Beano

That should've said they cannot create a good predator face.

Raoh76

I don't want to get into it too much but you don't like Wolf's design?

The Shuriken

Quote from: Xerxész on Jun 13, 2018, 10:29:15 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Jun 13, 2018, 10:07:10 PM
Only minor gripe I have is the lack of full body netting.

The netting is there, just you can't see it over the full body due to the full body armor.

I'm aware, the netting is on the legs and chest, but not the arms. The arms aren't covered with armor, so you can tell the netting isn't all over the body.

Ultramorph

NECA is going to make some sick figures for this movie, no matter if it turns out to be good or not. My wallet is crying.

Lionhart

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 13, 2018, 07:48:54 PM
It's the Predator Space Cops. Somebody in Predator culture has to uphold the law.

Hahaha

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jun 13, 2018, 11:46:11 PM
I'm aware, the netting is on the legs and chest, but not the arms. The arms aren't covered with armor, so you can tell the netting isn't all over the body.

To be fair, Jungle Hunter didn't have netting on his right arm. City Hunter didn't have any of his left.

Quote from: Raoh76 on Jun 13, 2018, 10:53:04 PM
I don't want to get into it too much but you don't like Wolf's design?

I think Wolf is pretty good on the whole. His face is still awful, though. The (lack of) lighting, rain, and smoke helped to hide it though. In AVP the full front, flat lighting, and the lack of moisture and texture on the face just made it look awful.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed