Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 23, 2016, 11:30:27 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien (Read 78,969 times)

Pvt. Himmel

The 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Pays Homage to the Original 1979 'Alien' Poster.

Quote  If you look closely, you can see that the Xenomorph head in the new poster has the exact same outline and shape as the alien egg in the original poster, as well as the same placement. Additionally, both use an all-black background so that the image in the center stands out all the more vividly. Lastly, both have something spilling out of the bottom. In the case of the Xenomorph, it's the drool. With the egg, it's a green noxious cloud that I imagine is meant to evoke the acid blood that would become known after the film's release.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3415685/alien-covenant-poster-pays-homage-original-1979-alien-poster/   

BringbackJonesy!

I wasn't expecting any ALIEN COVENANT posters to feature an actual creepy 'Big Chap' head on it.  Not complaining though, as it's nice to have it confirmed that the familiar design will definately appear.

It will be interesting to see just how closely the body design resembles the original ALIEN version, when we see it's full form eventually.

While I can see how some like the word 'RUN' featured on this teaser, I think it kinda has a 'BOO!' vibe about it. :P

Personally, I would rather have had either the 'ALIEN COVENANT' title feature, or NO wording apart from the head and release date instead.  But that's just a trivial preference, and I'm really looking forward to what the final official poster looks like.

But looking back at some of the PROMETHEUS trailers, I reckon that they gave away a little too much after the terrific first teaser...and so I've decided not to watch any more after the first ALIEN COVENANT teaser this time around.

BonesawT101

Quote from: BringbackJonesy! on Nov 26, 2016, 12:38:02 AM
I wasn't expecting any ALIEN COVENANT posters to feature an actual creepy 'Big Chap' head on it.  Not complaining though, as it's nice to have it confirmed that the familiar design will definately appear.

It will be interesting to see just how closely the body design resembles the original ALIEN version, when we see it's full form eventually.

While I can see how some like the word 'RUN' featured on this teaser, I think it kinda has a 'BOO!' vibe about it. :P

Personally, I would rather have had either the 'ALIEN COVENANT' title feature, or NO wording apart from the head and release date instead.  But that's just a trivial preference, and I'm really looking forward to what the final official poster looks like.

But looking back at some of the PROMETHEUS trailers, I reckon that they gave away a little too much after the terrific first teaser...and so I've decided not to watch any more after the first ALIEN COVENANT teaser this time around.
Same.I'm going to watch the first teaser then it'll b a case of 'this is Bonesaw, signing off.' 8)

newagescamartist

I prefer eggmorphing to the Queen honestly. As a poster already said below, who knows what the morph will be. If it is in fact the factory for spores, then the Neomorph is actually a new life stage of the creature. That's exciting because it means we actually have no idea what the xenomorph's final life stage will be. We assumed it was Queen-egg-facehugger-alien, but now it's seeming like it could be goo-egg-facehugger-alien-eggmorph-neomorph-?-?-?

That's exciting and fresh to me, personally. I don't care to see another Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Ressurection. Saw 'em, loved 'em, ready for something new.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Nov 25, 2016, 09:21:10 PM
The buzz for Resurrection was pretty big too.

But you dug Resurrection.

SM

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: SM on Nov 25, 2016, 09:36:57 PM
The implications of egg morphing are hideous.  Having your body and brain breakdown and form into something else, while you're aware that it's happening would be horrendous.  WAY worse than being facehugged.

Agreed.

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 25, 2016, 09:43:19 PM
It's not just hideous - it's incomprehensible.  It's truly Alien in a way we find completely outside our experience. 

-Windebieste.

It would be cool to see this through the perspective of a character going through it. Like as the chemicals break down their CNS they might start to have bizarre Alien hallucinations and lose their identities and stuff. Like grotesque images and some degree of dementia and some degree of awareness, while the Alien maybe still feeds on them.

Necronomicon II

Giger Beast

Quote from: CainsSon on Nov 26, 2016, 03:48:07 AM
Quote from: SM on Nov 25, 2016, 09:36:57 PM
The implications of egg morphing are hideous.  Having your body and brain breakdown and form into something else, while you're aware that it's happening would be horrendous.  WAY worse than being facehugged.

Agreed.

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 25, 2016, 09:43:19 PM
It's not just hideous - it's incomprehensible.  It's truly Alien in a way we find completely outside our experience. 

-Windebieste.

It would be cool to see this through the perspective of a character going through it. Like as the chemicals break down their CNS they might start to have bizarre Alien hallucinations and lose their identities and stuff. Like grotesque images and some degree of dementia and some degree of awareness, while the Alien maybe still feeds on them.

Now that's horror. Bring on the Giger imagery!!!

windebieste

Bring on the 'ALIEN: Eggmorphing VR Experience', I say.  (Enhanced by gettting someone to gaffer tape you to a chair and feed you nothing but strong alcohol while wearing the Vive or Rift for 24 hours.

Too much fun! lol.

-Windebieste.

Oasis Nadrama

In my weirdest dreams, I see this screenplay - William Gibson's Alien 3.

And I see it used along with eggmorphing... and the following Giger designs: the "alternative Queen" and the complete Alien redesign with the open, ondulating, singing skull, claws between fingers, tentacle-harpoon tongue and feminine chin.

Scott recycled so many old ideas for Prometheus and Covenant, why can't he use the best ones?

SiL

He's recycling Alien ideas. :P

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 26, 2016, 06:57:22 AM
Bring on the 'ALIEN: Eggmorphing VR Experience', I say.  (Enhanced by gettting someone to gaffer tape you to a chair and feed you nothing but strong alcohol while wearing the Vive or Rift for 24 hours.

Too much fun! lol.

-Windebieste.

:laugh:

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

3-D Alien Covenant Poster!!! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=veMorYI7Lxo   

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Is that official or fan made? Just checked it out. Fan made it would seem.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed