A way to make Blomkamp's Alien work without retconning Alien 3 or Resurrection?

Started by Perfect-Organism, May 18, 2016, 02:47:00 AM

Author
A way to make Blomkamp's Alien work without retconning Alien 3 or Resurrection? (Read 36,247 times)

Scorpio

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 06, 2016, 01:21:28 AM
Except that the movie is currently not in production.  At all.  It exists only as a proposal; and proposals DO change. 

Wasn't it in pre-production at one point until Ridley stepped in.

I have nothing against this movie, btw, and I don't care if it gets made.  I'll watch it, but if I had the choice, I'd rather have a sequel to Alien Resurrection.

Master

Except that the movie is currently not in production.  At all.  It exists only as a proposal; and proposals DO change.  Weaver and Blomkamp have done their best to deliver rhetoric that currently amounts to, well, not much at this point.

Right now, the current proposal has about as may dissenters as it has supporters.  Some people want it... others don't.  You'll find that it's evenly distributed, depending on people you talk to.  Even polls here and elsewhere hover around the 50% mark. 

Blomkamp would be best to make a new 'ALIENS' movie with a fresh batch of characters and ditch the whole retcon thing just to bring back Ripley.  He'd win people like myself over in an instant.

-Windebieste.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Except that the movie is currently not in production.  At all.  It exists only as a proposal; and proposals DO change.  Weaver and Blomkamp have done their best to deliver rhetoric that currently amounts to, well, not much at this point.

Right now, the current proposal has about as may dissenters as it has supporters.  Some people want it... others don't.  You'll find that it's evenly distributed, depending on people you talk to.  Even polls here and elsewhere hover around the 50% mark. 

Blomkamp would be best to make a new 'ALIENS' movie with a fresh batch of characters and ditch the whole retcon thing just to bring back Ripley.  He'd win people like myself over in an instant.

-Windebieste.

No. The project has officially been green-lit and the first draft of the script has already been completed and delivered. It has a prominent producer attached and at least two confirmed actors. It's a bit more than a mere "proposal" at this stage.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 06, 2016, 04:11:57 PMIt has a prominent producer attached and at least two confirmed actors.

Have any actors actually been officially confirmed? Obviously Weaver's keen and Blomkamp apparently wants her, but the only person saying Biehn will be in it seems to be Biehn.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Officially Fox hasn't said much other than confirm to the media that the project has indeed been given the go-ahead.

But seeing as the main selling point of the film is about the return of Ripley and Hicks it's probably safe to assume Biehn and Weaver will star in it. I'm also pretty sure Weaver will also be an executive producer on this and Blomkamp has already met and discussed the film with Biehn so it's obvious he wants him as well.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Oh man, I wish they just make the damn movie already with Ripley, Hicks, Newt, half a Bishop and the cat if they bump into it so we never have to talk about them again lol. Make it already!

Corporal Hicks

I believe Weaver has also spoken about Hicks coming back as well. Might have been during the Alien Day stuff.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 06, 2016, 07:56:43 PM
I believe Weaver has also spoken about Hicks coming back as well. Might have been during the Alien Day stuff.

Yes, but boy did Biehn get off on a rambling tangent during that interview.  I thought he was going to fall off the wagon right there and then.  He's a brilliant actor.  I know he will do well if he's given the chance, but I was on the edge of my seat listening to him talk..

Local Trouble

I have a feeling that Biehn is going to disappoint me unless the director gets a stellar performance out of him.  Then again, I felt the same way about seeing Harrison Ford as Han Solo again.

Perfect-Organism

Biehn will give it everything he has.  His entire career hinges on this film.

SM

lol

Biehn's been working consistently for years.

Local Trouble

Tell Rupert Murdoch that I want Hicks to be at least a staff sergeant by now if he stayed in the Corps.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SM on Sep 06, 2016, 11:07:57 PM
lol

Biehn's been working consistently for years.

What I meant to say by that, is that he can remain in relative obscurity as a character in the background of many films or he can really use this opportunity to propel himself into the limelight again.  I am aware of his ongoing string of films that keep being produced.  This is an opportunity to change his career completely.  It will either be a defining moment for him, or not.  (Or it just won't happen.  Let's hope it does.)

Corporal Hicks

Fella owns a production company and has played quite a few main characters in many movies over the years. Might not be big A-list movies and he might not be the go-to action man for Cameron like in the 80s but he doesn't want for work, nor does he just take on any old background role in big movies. He's not desperate.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed