Would you be into the idea of a Predator with full body armor for the next movie

Started by The Shuriken, Feb 13, 2016, 08:00:51 PM

Author
Would you be into the idea of a Predator with full body armor for the next movie (Read 9,287 times)

DaddyYautja

I dont like the Crysis suit look but im fine with different armors.

The Shuriken

Yeah I'd like to see a full body suit that better fits the aesthetics of the Predator culture.

PRJ_since1990

I think the armor from AvP Extinction (the military Hydra and Blazer classes) looked like true armor, nearly impenetrable. I think we just need to see the creatures in the right circumstance for the extra armor to make sense.

Light armor represents minimal protection, maximum flexibility and agility. Heavy is the opposite. I would consider the armor in the AVP films to be more of a medium style, as they did some impressive jumps that I think they would have had trouble had they been wearing a full body suit.

The pictures posted are really nice and I would love to see feature in a film, regardless of body style (fit vs. bulky).

skull-splitter

Sacrificing agility for some added protection. And this is hunter-like, how?

Predboy

Nope, I don't like the idea of fully armored preds. Predators are hunters and hunters don't go hunting with full bodied armor. Only time I'll be OK with preds wearing full armor is if they're getting ready for a battle but that's it. Predators are agile hunters not bulky brutes like in avp.

Master

Ehh, here we go again. When you go against super agresive, accid bleeding nightmare child, lack armour is stupid, not effective.

Predboy

Predators aren't hunting aliens in this movie, they'll be hunting humans so bulky armor makes no sense for a hunter.

Master

Quote from: Predboy on Feb 29, 2016, 07:59:39 PM
Predators aren't hunting aliens in this movie, they'll be hunting humans so bulky armor makes no sense for a hunter.

Mybe not only humans. I like variety in designs.

The Shuriken

Quote from: skull-splitter on Feb 27, 2016, 06:52:01 PM
Sacrificing agility for some added protection. And this is hunter-like, how?

What makes think that just because a Predator is fully armored, it would be slow? The materials could be lightweight, yet super protective. It's not like they're using Earth materials for armor.

Predboy

Quote from: Master on Feb 29, 2016, 08:43:28 PM
Mybe not only humans. I like variety in designs.

Something that can be easily done, and has already been done with the little armor, agile look the predators always had. The two predators from the first two movies look completely different in their own unique ways, but still keep the same agile feel with the light armor.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 13, 2016, 08:00:51 PM
Something similar to this, minus the exposed mid section. A full protective body suit.

http://icedestroyer.deviantart.com/art/PREDATOR-Phantom-176758027

Anyone into such a design? Or do you prefer the normal conservative use of armor?
I don't like it, i like the style of Alien Skin/Texture and parts of armor, i just think it's visually more interesting.

Whenever i think of full Body armor i think of the horrible, clumsy tanks we got in AvP, and the thing in the link looks more like RoboCop than a Predator.

New armor, yes, not more.

Quote from: Master on Feb 29, 2016, 04:05:42 PM
Ehh, here we go again. When you go against super agresive, accid bleeding nightmare child, lack armour is stupid, not effective.
Totally right, but as we all know, Predators are not all about effectivness.

When you go against highly trained, super armed soldiers that can blast your ass through the jungle you might think about full body armor too, just saying. In many regards, killing an armed soldier is actually more of a skill than killing an Alien from the distance.

Master

Yeah Johnny but soldiers are no match for Pred in close combat. Aliens are. Pred have effective camouflage against humans. Aliens can locate them just fine. Also  AvP preds had no plasmacasters with them while going against most deadly creature. Armour was justified.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Master on Mar 01, 2016, 03:38:09 PM
Yeah Johnny but soldiers are no match for Pred in close combat. Aliens are. Pred have effective camouflage against humans. Aliens can locate them just fine. Also  AvP preds had no plasmacasters with them while going against most deadly creature. Armour was justified.
What I would have liked to see is acid-proof weapons. After hunting them for years, Predators must have found a way to protect their gear. I realize in the first film we would be reminded of the acidic blood potency but in AVPR Wolf uses his wrist blades on several Xenos with no damage but I believe this was more a case of convenience or ignorance as the acid is very inconsistent.

Master

TBH I like weapons are not accid proof. It adds to danger of Alien hunting.

Corporal Hicks

It also doesn't seem to harm their spears or the shurikens in the first film. It could have done with being a bit more consistent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed