Would you be into the idea of a Predator with full body armor for the next movie

Started by The Shuriken, Feb 13, 2016, 08:00:51 PM

Author
Would you be into the idea of a Predator with full body armor for the next movie (Read 9,288 times)

The Shuriken

Something similar to this, minus the exposed mid section. A full protective body suit.

http://icedestroyer.deviantart.com/art/PREDATOR-Phantom-176758027

Anyone into such a design? Or do you prefer the normal conservative use of armor?

The Alien Predator

I wouldn't mind actually, that'd be cool, especially for a military Predator or one hunting insanely dangerous or advanced prey.

I recall the Predator in South China Sea as literally wearing a full body suit, if not, he was definitely described as incredibly armoured.

Also, the Military Predators in Extinction seemed to wear full body armour called "Tactical Supremacy Armour".

THE CITY HUNTER

Why not,i like new ideas to be in every Predator game or movie.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Feb 13, 2016, 08:45:10 PM

Exactly, new ideas when done well can help the Predator franchise grow.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 13, 2016, 08:54:43 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Feb 13, 2016, 08:45:10 PM

Exactly, new ideas when done well can help the Predator franchise grow.
True words said.

blood.

If it's actually serving a function, not just for aesthetics. Perhaps in an avp movie an acid resistant armor would make sense to fight xeno's in close range.

RakaiThwei

I wouldn't mind seeing something like that.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Though I have no problem with the way Predators are currently designed, but recently I have wondered why they don't wear more armor.

I suppose one reason is they full confidence to stay hidden, so it's not usually an issue at the front of their mind. Another idea I had is, Predator's like to purposely out themselves at a disadvantage with exposing their arms, legs, chest. To make the hunt more thrilling and challenging.

But with City Hunter taking 4-5 shotgun shells at close range, and surviving to fight on with ease. I guess the most logical explanation is they can pretty much tank crazy amounts of wounds.

Randomizer

That would be cool, especially since I liked Celtic and Scar's designs.

Reduced mobility is understandable, but please don't make them as bulky as they were in the film.

RetroHunter

There are a few designs I've seen for full armour that look really good, and agreed that as long as it's not too bulky. But I doubt they'll put it in a movie. A game or comic version seems way more likely. Either way it'd be cool to see full armour in some official stuff.

Predator_Spirit

No, I'm a purist and I want the old fashioned design.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

cheachea

This is one of those things that could go incredably wrong if they mess it up.

It might work if the design is right. As long as they don't end up looking like bulky linebackers like in AVP.

It "Could" be cool though.

Master

I always liked this pred in full armor but it has thesame problem as the one you posted. It guards everything but the most fragile part - abdomen. Predator blacksmiths are doing it wrong.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Master on Feb 15, 2016, 07:30:17 AM
I always liked this pred in full armor but it has thesame problem as the one you posted. It guards everything but the most fragile part - abdomen. Predator blacksmiths are doing it wrong.

I love that picture as well!

426Buddy

That is a sweet pic, looks like he's riding on the original predator design lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed