Would you be into the idea of a Predator with full body armor for the next movie

Started by The Shuriken, Feb 13, 2016, 08:00:51 PM

Author
Would you be into the idea of a Predator with full body armor for the next movie (Read 9,285 times)

Mister Skeezler

I like the lean, acrobatic look, so minimal armor is where I'd like to see it go. I can't imagine something in full armor swooping from tree branch to tree branch like Anytime. And the idea of a hunter in full armor seems a bit a bit unnecessary. The thrill of the hunt should be important here.

The Shuriken

Quote from: Keith on Jun 07, 2016, 02:38:08 AM
More body armor = more CGI (unless we want the fat AVP Predators to return). So no thanks.

I'm pretty sure they can make a practical effect form fitting armored suit for the Predator.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Master on Jun 06, 2016, 05:38:21 PM
Changes between p1 and p2 aren't subtle. They are quite major. I much prefere trying new designs then making cheap knock offs like Classic from Ps.

Whilst I do really enjoyed Predators, I do agree with P1 and P2 not being subtle changes and to avoid yet another revisit to the P1 design. We don't need another film that recalls back to the original again. Everyone complained about the few bits in Predators and people are asking for it again.

More body armor = more CGI (unless we want the fat AVP Predators to return). So no thanks.

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jun 07, 2016, 03:50:03 AM
I'm pretty sure they can make a practical effect form fitting armored suit for the Predator.

As Shuriken says. There's nothing about full body armour that would remotely equate to needing CGI.

Whatever approach they do take, as long as it actually looks good, I'm happy.  :)

Keith

Regardless, full body armor on a Predator would look stupid.

Predator_Spirit

You got that signed and sealed.

Lotus

A FB game name Soldiers INc AVP their content art predator design I'm think is cool.

Keith

Something like that would look cool if realized on the big screen.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Keith on Jun 08, 2016, 12:09:11 AM
Something like that would look cool if realized on the big screen.

they should stop putting stuffs on the upper side of the foot.

The Shuriken

Quote from: Keith on Jun 07, 2016, 12:42:24 PM

Says you, the drawings posted make it work.

whiterabbit

I'm ok with the Predator being in full body armor but I mean, damn... that is going to be a very long movie. Well  over 3 hours long. I've come to this conclusion because a predator movie is basically a predator that starts off with tons of armor and tech and then slows stripes it away until the end; where it's basically a lioncloth throw down. So more armor equals more movie. :P

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jun 08, 2016, 01:56:42 AM
Quote from: Keith on Jun 07, 2016, 12:42:24 PM

Says you, the drawings posted make it work.

A fully armored pred goes against the spirit, if you can't even wound him what's the point of taking some risks?
Unless in Shane movie there is no hunt, who knows ...

Kaltes

Reading Predator: South China Sea has actually made me want to see a fully armored Predator on screen even more now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed