Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 622,159 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

It's sad yes.

But I guess it's also just a natural part of life, and it still stands that sometimes people just go different ways on different paths regardless of the why, but it is not the end, as I've found already there will always be new opportunities and new people and new growth if you seek it out, because life stops for no one and should be cherished. Remembering the past is fine, but I'm also grateful for all that I've gained since then, my new friends who like me for who I am quirks and all, my newer love for things like Sabaton and anime, the rekindling of my love for history and collecting, and I've grown more confident and secure in myself overall. I have flourished since then and in the spirit of the season I only wish prosperity and happiness for them as well.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It's gone... not nearly as I hoped recently. The past five years feel like a dream at times. The thing I cherish most of all as a result of that time's obviously Cancerblack above all else. The gift I never ever expected.  ;D

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Since I mentioned anime, now that I've done Star Wars: Visions I think I should get Cowboy Bebop (the anime) off the vacation to do list too.

I became interested due to the live-action one... I never watched it and don't ever plan on it because I don't really like live action remakes on anything at this point but it did bring my attention to the original anime which I'll gladly give a go.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Anime's appealed to me not more but less as time's went on, I'd like to change that but, such as it is I'm not around people who have an interest in it right now.

I don't really like the sensibilities it brings.

But that's probably because I'm blind to our own ones.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 29, 2021, 10:57:51 AM

None A/P topics are very welcome - There's a reason we have General sections. That was the never the issue with the UV folk.

Kind of feels like going to an NFL forum to talk about the NBA. 

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 30, 2021, 02:16:50 AM
Anime's appealed to me not more but less as time's went on, I'd like to change that but, such as it is I'm not around people who have an interest in it right now.

I don't really like the sensibilities it brings.

But that's probably because I'm blind to our own ones.

I've always appreciated that anime is a medium where any kind of story goes in any setting without penalty or studio interference.  I find lots of anime to be very meh, but because studio's don't seem to have the same hesitancy to release crazy ass stories that have the potential to be hit or miss you occassionally get a homerun.

There is no way anything like NGE gets released by an American comic publisher in the same time period. 

It's nice to see stories that don't follow the same cookie cutter formula. 

It is interesting to note that I too used to find this off putting, but overtime I came to appreciate the fact that they WEREN'T all the same. 

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

It's ironic actually that during my time in past AvPG/Uncanny Valley I was never really into it despite being surrounded by people in the gang who loved it, and I'd even be compared to characters like Jigen (Lupin the 3rd) and it'd go right over my head.

But then after UV went down and I spent years without any forums it just happened at some point that my interest in anime really took off in a very independent manner, Girls und Panzer was the only one for a long while but it would eventually serve as the gateway to a whole bunch of other shows of different variety and genres and I still have a bit of a list.

When I did start getting into Lupin the 3rd via Part 4 and Part 5 because a new movie was coming up (because from my research there's not much continuity save for between Part 4 and Part 5 and you can really start anywhere and go from there) I finally started to understand the whole Jigen thing.  ;D

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

By sensibilities I mainly mean I find the "breathyness" for example off-putting in the voice acting, I have difficulty taking it seriously, that's what I mean by sensibilities.

And I'd much rather put time in here, or in real life, than ever touch modern social media.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Different strokes.  Your taste are your own. 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

This' someone who used to own the Kill La Kill and Gurren Lagann Collector's Editions and each Soundtracks, still own the OSTS, and stupidly expensive figures of Ryuko and Satsuki.

I have seen a few other bits and pieces here and there, and just trying to keep up with what's the best release of Ghost in the Shell's a nightmare.

But when I'm supposed to take it seriously, and it's not just primarily meant to be a fun time, I admittedly often have difficulty because of the said sensibilities.

Like you say that's just me.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I should really post my collection eventually when I get to cleaning up (one of the legs of my shelving is off balance so I wanted to take off all my stuff and dust it all off at the same time while doing a simple fix on the leg without making anything fall off).

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I bet you have cool stuff.

I have the figmas specifically btw

Really ought to watch that Visions Episode someday.

Dumb b.s I'm watching, in complete, utter hypocrisy:

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Figma's is one of the ones I started out with, but after getting my first 1/7th scale figure and loving the greater attention to detail (and because of space) the Figma's have been getting put away for a combination of Nenderoids and scale figures, as well as S.H Figuarts/Sideshow when it comes to Star Wars.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah I can't afford the bigger stuff myself lol

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

That's understandable.  :laugh:

I myself have to be careful, responsible and even methodical about it, gotta do the bills and groceries, grow the savings account and all that adult stuff.

And though I expect it by now (especially now that it seems to happen more often during the pandemic) I still loath getting nailed by duties and taxes.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Honestly I'm getting more nostalgia out of Rich's long-winded and very detailed posts than anything else outta this nonsense. Not the content, just the nature.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 30, 2021, 02:36:06 AM
By sensibilities I mainly mean I find the "breathyness" for example off-putting in the voice acting

Āmmegamisama~tsu, anime wa tashika ni pēsu ga hayakute fukainadesu senpaidesu!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed