Queen Mother Alien Scans (Female War, Earth War, Genocide)

Started by azmoday, May 18, 2013, 08:57:08 AM

Author
Queen Mother Alien Scans (Female War, Earth War, Genocide) (Read 10,971 times)

azmoday

Hey guys!

I'm wondering if anyone has any scans of the Queen Mother alien?  I hear she's in these comics: Female War, Earth War and Genocide.  If anyone has any of those comics and has time to scan some images that would be fantastic!  I'm actually a huge fan of that design (from some art, not the one with little tenticles for arms), and was looking to get a sculpt done of this character!

Any help would be great, thanks in advance! 

here are the images I have already:

Rambo

Aren't Female War and Earth War the same series?

Anyway, I'm away from my comics for about a month, but next time I'm at that house I could try and find some panels to scan for you if you'd still like.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SSj_Rambo on May 23, 2013, 12:35:28 AM
Yes.

SM

Anyway, I'm away from my comics for about a month, but next time I'm at that house I could try and find some panels to scan for you if you'd still like.

Female War is the rewrite.  It changes (most of) the Hicks and Newt references to Wilks and Billie, and has about a quarter of the story cut out that details Ripley's return to the Derelict with more marines.

Xenomrph

I can't remember, does it eliminate the panel where the entire earth explodes, too?

azmoday

azmoday

Hey SSj_Rambo,

yah any scans would be great!  I'm just trying to collect every image of her I can to kind of make out a clear idea of how she looks! thanks!

Also thought i'd share this, i got this from the comic scan thread!

p1nk81cd

Still can't believe that she's armless. WHY?! In the top panel you wouldn't think that those claws are actually feet, would you?  :( 

SM

Keith's shoddy artwork aside, you can make an argument that an egg layer - the Egg Layer of Egg Layers no less - shouldn't need arms.  But then she wouldn't need legs either really.  She has an entire planetful of Aliens at her beck and call.

Unfortunately that makes for a stupid looking design.

I think Cameron got it pretty well right.  She was big and obviously powerful, but wasn't really made to fight.  Anderson made her more of a dinosaur.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on May 24, 2013, 02:47:31 AM
I think Cameron got it pretty well right.  She was big and obviously powerful, but wasn't really made to fight. 
In a lot of ways it's a mirror of Ripley and her situation - when Ripley's back is to the wall, she steps up and fights for her survival, even though she's weaker and untrained compared to the other humans in the situation, and in the process shows that she is in fact formidable. Likewise, the Queen may not be specifically built for combat, but that doesn't mean she can't be a threat when the need arises.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 24, 2013, 03:00:40 AM
Quote from: SM on May 24, 2013, 02:47:31 AM
I think Cameron got it pretty well right.  She was big and obviously powerful, but wasn't really made to fight. 
In a lot of ways it's a mirror of Ripley and her situation - when Ripley's back is to the wall, she steps up and fights for her survival, even though she's weaker and untrained compared to the other humans in the situation, and in the process shows that she is in fact formidable. Likewise, the Queen may not be specifically built for combat, but that doesn't mean she can't be a threat when the need arises.

I would agree, but I also think that Anderson's version has some credibility as well. The fact that the Queen, once unleashed from egg sac, surging with primal energy, the need for survival, presents a force of nature. Just like with Cameron's, the Queen in AvP also lost her eggs after Scar's wrist nuke took out the entire pyramid and whaling station above it. That lust for revenge, the unmeasurable anger, that's what turns them into fighters. Their size and strength only add to the danger they present, coupled with their sense of greater intelligence. 

SM

Never thought they displayed any greater intelligence than any other Alien.

Kimarhi

Back when I collected all these issues individually, I remember the coloring guy for Genocide gave the Aliens red blood for the first (and maybe the second?) issue/s.

I noticed it is corrected above. 

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 02, 2013, 09:35:53 PM
Back when I collected all these issues individually, I remember the coloring guy for Genocide gave the Aliens red blood for the first (and maybe the second?) issue/s.

As far as I know it was never "corrected" - in the scans above you can see that one of the Queen Mothers is "red", and the other Genocide scan is a collage of various panels from the series, and you can see the "red" Aliens in the upper-right corner. I've got all 4 issues of Genocide as individual issues, and they're red in all of them.
The lettercol for the series also clarified that the Aliens aren't literally red, it was just visual shorthand for the reader in order to indicate that there were 2 hives fighting each other. As far as the characters were concerned, all the Aliens looked essentially the same.

SM

SM

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 02, 2013, 09:35:53 PM

Xenomrph

Oh whoops, totally misread his post. Sorry about that!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed