Queen Mother Alien Scans (Female War, Earth War, Genocide)

Started by azmoday, May 18, 2013, 08:57:08 AM

Author
Queen Mother Alien Scans (Female War, Earth War, Genocide) (Read 10,892 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kimarhi on Nov 23, 2013, 05:00:55 AM
I figured Daemos AANI project was still fresh in your memory there xeno.

:P
While I remember Daemos, I honestly don't remember what you're referring to at all. ???

StrangeShape

I still cant really find any scans of the queen mother from Deadliest of the Species, it seems like its one of those things that just arent accessible on the internet

Kimarhi

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 23, 2013, 04:31:24 PM

While I remember Daemos, I honestly don't remember what you're referring to at all. ???

Aliens are not insect project. 

He argued against the aliens being buglike or antlike.  I remember there were about four versions of the thread.  It made me lol.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kimarhi on Nov 23, 2013, 06:03:30 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 23, 2013, 04:31:24 PM

Aliens are not insect project. 

He argued against the aliens being buglike or antlike.  I remember there were about four versions of the thread.  It made me lol.
I vaguely remember that thread happening, but not much more than that. We're talking like 10 years ago here I think, sorry. :(

I've really got no problem with Aliens having bug-like characteristics, since it's obvious that there's a whole lot more to them in addition to that. Reducing them to strictly insects is dumb, but discounting those insect-like traits wholesale is equally dumb.

Vertigo

I think I remember that thread - was it on avp2.net / absoluteavp? Was a fun discussion, and made me enjoy the films a little more.

Kimarhi

gamegossip's avp forum.

Xenomrph

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 23, 2013, 12:32:53 AM
Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Nov 22, 2013, 07:07:02 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 22, 2013, 07:00:22 PM
Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Nov 22, 2013, 06:55:12 PM
Quote from: SM on Nov 21, 2013, 01:26:46 AM
I just prefer what we have in the films.  It makes sense, while a Queen Mother seems redundant.  I think the idea of hives fighting is dopey too.
Funny enough, I liked Genocide. The story made sense and I could go with it. But in general, I would think 2 Alien hives in close proximity would probably respect each other's territory, to the point where in Earth War you have them dominating the planet without infighting. 
The idea of same-species hives fighting each other is pretty sound in real life - it happens regularly with ant and termite colonies.
Oh yeah no lie there. However, it worked with the story arc since there was a Queen Mother uniting all of them. She dies, recessive gene Alien strain comes into being, ergo Genocide. Personally, I'd like to think that hives are set up across a planet with enough space between them that the creatures would rarely come in contact with other hives. Should that happen, would they have enough intelligence to respect/ignore each other? Or do we have a mini-Genocide?
I think the book 'Aliens: DNA War' covered exactly that scenario, but I can't recall what the outcome was since it's been a while since I read it.

Quote from: SM on Nov 22, 2013, 09:08:16 PM
QuoteFunny enough, I liked Genocide. The story made sense and I could go with it. But in general, I would think 2 Alien hives in close proximity would probably respect each other's territory, to the point where in Earth War you have them dominating the planet without infighting. 

I liked Genocide overall - but the hive fighting didn't make much sense.
Why not?

So I have all the novels but no surprise I haven't read the more recent ones in a long time. I went back to reread the old ones first and I'm still working my way through.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed