Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.2%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
149 (33.6%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
69 (15.5%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
26 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 441

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 326,153 times)

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 13, 2013, 08:08:43 PMWith more viewings the film irons itself out.

More like it irons the viewer out. ;)

Can't say it improved for me - the stupid stuff never stops being stupid, it just get's less grating, allowing one to focus more on the good stuff.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 14, 2013, 11:27:17 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 13, 2013, 08:08:43 PM
With more viewings the film irons itself out.

Not exactly... Some things become clearler, but the film just has some huge logical faults in it. Particularly with character motivations, which in my view is the worst. A shoddy ploty can be forgiven if the characters work above the curve.

Which character motivations in particular?

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: SM on Jul 24, 2012, 01:25:00 AM
Quote from: YutaniDitch on Jul 24, 2012, 01:17:13 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 24, 2012, 12:45:05 AM
Quoteit makes little to no sense that the distress signal the Nostromo picked up could be Shaw's

There's a reason it makes no sense.

Why is that, SM?  ???

Because Shaw's transmission - sent from a different planet in a different star system - isn't the one picked up by the Nostromo.

I seem to remember Ridley saying that the planet in Prometheus belonged to Zeta 2 Reticuli, the same planet system from Alien...If you see both the wide shots of the Jupiter like planet in ALien and Prometheus, they are the same, so they were just on different moons of that planet...

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 11, 2013, 06:26:40 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 11, 2013, 03:42:46 AM
Does anyone feel as though Prometheus 2 isn't going to happen?

Right now I'm thinking there's still hope.

Hoping that there's hope, at least.

Even if Ridley Scott doesn't do it or doesn't want to do it, he could still be on board as a producer or an advisor and the writers are still in their youth...HAHAHAHA So anything is possible...  ;)

SM

SM

QuoteI seem to remember Ridley saying that the planet in Prometheus belonged to Zeta 2 Reticuli, the same planet system from Alien...If you see both the wide shots of the Jupiter like planet in ALien and Prometheus, they are the same, so they were just on different moons of that planet...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The blu rays menus seem to indicate the star system is Zeta 2 Reticuli.  The film however never identifies the system, and there's a 4-5 light year discrepancy in the distance in the film and Z2R.  And the ringed gas giant seems to be lacking at least 1 moon.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Feb 19, 2013, 02:19:18 AM
QuoteI seem to remember Ridley saying that the planet in Prometheus belonged to Zeta 2 Reticuli, the same planet system from Alien...If you see both the wide shots of the Jupiter like planet in ALien and Prometheus, they are the same, so they were just on different moons of that planet...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The blu rays menus seem to indicate the star system is Zeta 2 Reticuli.  The film however never identifies the system, and there's a 4-5 light year discrepancy in the distance in the film and Z2R.  And the ringed gas giant seems to be lacking at least 1 moon.

Unless that moon moves at a different velocity, in which case it's possible it was just out of sight.

SM

SM

Hologram only shows two moons and their orbits.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Maybe the hologram was subject to G-rads.

Alien³

Alien³

It's not the same signal.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

It's really not the same signal.

EDIT: snap! ;)

szkoki

Gazz

Gazz

Somebody should make an 'Everything Wrong with Cinema Sins and Honest Trailers' video. I probably still wouldn't watch it though.

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: Gazz on Feb 25, 2013, 03:04:56 PM
Somebody should make an 'Everything Wrong with Cinema Sins and Honest Trailers' video. I probably still wouldn't watch it though.

This.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Then why ask for it?

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 25, 2013, 07:17:35 PM

Then why ask for it?

I wasn't making a serious comment, just highlighting how pathetic I find these cheap and often dishonest criticism videos. Someone could probably make a parody video about it, speaking in the only language these wannabe critics understand, but they're not even worth the time imo.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Honest trailers can be pretty funny sometimes.

I can't stand RLM though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed