Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.3%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
148 (33.4%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
69 (15.6%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
26 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 440

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 322,886 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Maybe if we're really lucky, he'll close his career with Prommy 2.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: UDA on Jan 31, 2013, 12:33:15 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 11, 2013, 03:42:46 AM
Does anyone feel as though Prometheus 2 isn't going to happen?

Scott's getting old, and honestly, I don't want to see another director pick up the sequel. I expect rumors about it for a while, an occasional mention, but I'm sort of expecting this thing to dissapear over time.

Yeah, we may see a sequel or alien spin-off from another director in the next few years but I feel that either shit is going to kick into gear sometime this year (writers hired/ pre-production started) or it's just going to fizzle to a stop.

SM

SM

As CdL recently said on the AvPG Pod, Riddles has a bunch of balls in the air all the time.  You'd think Fox would want to get onto it fairly quickly, but if they want Rid they might have to wait a bit.

Gazz

Gazz

Considering his age, I'm thinking it's either sooner or never for Riddles.  :-\

SM

SM

There is that too.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I feel kind of selfish saying this, but I almost wish that he didn't (supposedly) have such a drive to do a Blade Runner follow-up. Sure, seeing more of that world would be really cool, but its not exactly in need of a follow up. Prometheus, on the other hand, is practically screaming for one.

Gazz

Gazz

I feel the same. Whereas I would welcome a Blade Runner sequel (especially one directed by Ridley Scott and written by Hampton Fancher) I just don't think it's crying out for one. Ridley really needs to focus on finishing what he's started with Prometheus rather than starting something new in my opinion.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Wasn't he working on the BR sequel before he started with Prommy?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Not a clue; I only just got into B;ade Runner in the last year or so.

He probably was, but I doubt it was anything serious. I mean, even now the film isn't even in pre-production.

Alien³

Alien³

I want him to start work on Prommy 2 ASAP!

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

I think when 'Prometheus 2' does come out, it will hopefully make the film make a little more sense. I personally seemed to like 'Prometheus' more than my friends and it wasn't that bad a film. It's main problem is that the characters do stupid things and even if you've seen the other 'Alien' films, this one has some very confusing things in it. Idk, maybe I'm just too dumb to understand the logic.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The trouble with it was that it set itself up for a sequel. It only offered more questions than it answered.

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

I liked prometheus allot but its just the bad writing that killed this film and i blame damon lindolf he did nothing good to the movie he ruined it mostly.  i liked the film but he really made it hard to follow and there are so many unanswered questions its crazy.  The script they had before damon should have been the movie made sadly it wasn't.  I just hope Prometheus 2 will resolve the problems of 1 and make it a better film.

Alien³

Alien³

With more viewings the film irons itself out.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 13, 2013, 08:08:43 PM
With more viewings the film irons itself out.

Not exactly... Some things become clearler, but the film just has some huge logical faults in it. Particularly with character motivations, which in my view is the worst. A shoddy ploty can be forgiven if the characters work above the curve.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed