Prometheus TV Spots (TV Spot #3 Added)

Started by Shasvre, Mar 19, 2012, 06:36:54 PM

Author
Prometheus TV Spots (TV Spot #3 Added) (Read 82,115 times)

Ulfer

Ulfer

QuoteLooks like our big blue friend didn't come out of one of the sarcophagi. Where'd he come from, then? Hmmm!

It's going to be hard to wait !  :)
It's good to have a complete picture of him in proportion with a member of the crew of Prometheus !
How do you think this scene will turn out in the movie ? What will David's reaction be [it seems we already know how the humans thanks to 1/4 of second in the trailer, but the android ? it'll be interesting] ? And the Blue Guy's reaction ? (Get out of my property ! ;D)

El Diablo

El Diablo

The Jockey is HUGE compared to David. He's also bigger than the creature that attacks Shaw at the end of the second trailer (the scene where she falls back in the hallway of the ship and we see a set of biomechanical looking legs approaching). Hmmm... curious.

marsekay

marsekay

@ 0:22 looks like the escape pod is more ship than pod to me.

is this the "magellan"?

Gash

Gash

If you watch the motion and the blurring I think that the big blue guy might be a hologram like the rest of the star map in that scene, David might have activated a sort of playback of the engineer taking his position.  ??

Berserker Pred

Berserker Pred

Quote from: Jenga on Mar 23, 2012, 07:29:47 PM
Did anyone notice the jockey/engineer/blue guy power walking towards david while he is in the map room with the full holo-projected map still up?

I think that is a good strike against the david= blue space jockey theory
I would never have noticed that, good job!

Ulfer

Ulfer

QuoteHmmm... curious.

All seems to indicate we will deal with several kinds of creatures in this movie :) (and it's good).

SpaceJockeyFullofBourbon

Ulfer: It seems like David turns, and he and the jockey look at each other.  David makes no attempt to run or back up (at least in this brief clip).  I'm assuming the jockey is not part of the hologram.  Either (a) David's curiosity outweighs any fear, (b) he's not programmed with fear, (c) the jockey has the power to "freeze" people in place (see others' theories on why Ford doesn't move when faced with the jockey), or... (d) David and the jockey are in cahoots in some way; i.e., David has submitted to the jockey's mysterious plans for him, and so there's no need to react.  This could go hand in hand with the Pinocchio theory: David wants to become more human/organic, the Jockey "grants his wish", and he winds up becoming more organic but alien as well. 

I'd go with (a).  Of course, 0.3 seconds later in the scene could show David running out of there leaving a cloud of dust.               

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

IMO there are three Jockeys and possibly a forth (sitting in the control chair).  Watch that part carefully.  There is one Jockey on the right side of the bubble david is in, and another jockey comes into view as you look through the bubble on the opposite side.

The Jockey on the right side of the bubble is virtually stationary and tough to see with the map going.  He's right up against the bubble.

The one in the chair I can't confirm.  It might just be that glowing green ball that we see in the chair rising scene, but It looks like something is there.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Mar 23, 2012, 08:31:31 PM
IMO there are three Jockeys and possibly a forth (sitting in the control chair).  Watch that part carefully.  There is one Jockey on the right side of the bubble david is in, and another jockey comes into view as you look through the bubble on the opposite side.

The Jockey on the right side of the bubble is virtually stationary and tough to see with the map going.  He's right up against the bubble.

The one in the chair I can't confirm.  It might just be that glowing green ball that we see in the chair rising scene, but It looks like something is there.

Agreed, at least three that are visible.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Gash on Mar 23, 2012, 08:19:27 PM
If you watch the motion and the blurring I think that the big blue guy might be a hologram like the rest of the star map in that scene, David might have activated a sort of playback of the engineer taking his position.  ??

Perhaps that would connect to the blurry running hologram figure from the IMAX trailer!

Zeta Reticuli

Zeta Reticuli

Quote from: SpaceJockeyFullofBourbon on Mar 23, 2012, 08:26:38 PM
Ulfer: It seems like David turns, and he and the jockey look at each other.  David makes no attempt to run or back up (at least in this brief clip).  I'm assuming the jockey is not part of the hologram.  Either (a) David's curiosity outweighs any fear, (b) he's not programmed with fear, (c) the jockey has the power to "freeze" people in place (see others' theories on why Ford doesn't move when faced with the jockey), or... (d) David and the jockey are in cahoots in some way; i.e., David has submitted to the jockey's mysterious plans for him, and so there's no need to react.  This could go hand in hand with the Pinocchio theory: David wants to become more human/organic, the Jockey "grants his wish", and he winds up becoming more organic but alien as well. 

I'd go with (a).  Of course, 0.3 seconds later in the scene could show David running out of there leaving a cloud of dust.           

or maybe the Jockey doesn't even know how to react because he doesn't recognize David as a living being.

kind of like "WTF are you doing in my Hologram room? Oh wait, that thing is just a machine..."

the beginning of a great friendship?

SpaceJockeyFullofBourbon

Quote from: Zeta Reticuli on Mar 23, 2012, 08:40:14 PM
or maybe the Jockey doesn't even know how to react because he doesn't recognize David as a living being.

kind of like "WTF are you doing in my Hologram room? Oh wait, that thing is just a machine..."

Yeah, I didn't consider the Jockey's reaction.  "Make yourself at home.  Would you like some milk?" 

I do think it's clear that the interaction between David and the alien life they discover (including Jockey) will play a pivotal role in the film.

Berserker Pred

Berserker Pred

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Mar 23, 2012, 08:31:31 PM

I can see the one on the left and the one behind him but i cant see one of the right at all  ???

Cvalda

Cvalda

I think we can infer that the Engineer knocks David out. Remember, as the Engineer is raising the Chair, there is a Prometheus crewmember facedown on the platform. It's David, I wager.

fiveways

fiveways

I am starting to warm up to the idea that Vickers might be an android again.  She's totally deadpanning it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed