The Evil Dead Thread

Started by Shasvre, Jul 12, 2011, 02:45:42 PM

Author
The Evil Dead Thread (Read 124,697 times)

ace3g

ace3g

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Groovy  ;)

ace3g

ace3g

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Season 2 of Ash vs Evil Dead has been great so far. Absolutely love this show and been a long time Evil Dead fan. The musical was one of the greatest live shows I've ever seen.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

This and 'The Strain' have become my two favourite shows on television.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

For me, it's Ash vs Evil Dead & Westworld as my favs for current TV.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

So I finally got a chance to sit down and watch all of season one thanks to the recent Blu-ray release. The show so far has been a blast. The first seven episodes are very solid, with plenty of doses of the trademark humor and gore and groovy Ash-isms that Evil Dead is known for. Bruce Campbell is perfect, the man literally is Ashley J. Williams, and the supporting characters really come into their own as well; with Ash being so front and center I was expecting everyone else to kind of slip through the cracks, but they are actually very fun in their own right and I look forward to seeing more of them moving forward as well.

The final three episodes are where the show truly finds its stride, however. Any Evil Dead fan is going to eat these three up for sure. Bouncing straight into classic Evil Dead mode (right down to the setting) and rapidly shifting gear from slapstick Three Stooges antics into one of the most grotesque birth sequences I've seen this side of The Brood, these final three outings deliver everything that I ever could have hoped for in this show and then so much more.

I'm very much looking forward to checking out season two when I get the opportunity. It is too bad that there are legal issues preventing the show from referencing Army of Darkness, however, because I would love to see some elements from that film come into the forefront.

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

Stitch

Stitch

Not gonna lie, 4k restoration of ED2 is awesome, but... Didn't they do one not long ago?

https://m.zavvi.com/blu-ray/evil-dead-2-zavvi-exclusive-4k-ultra-hd-steelbook-includes-2d-blu-ray/11827041.html

ace3g

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: ace3g on Apr 05, 2020, 07:58:15 PM
https://twitter.com/fedalvar/status/1246887721223643136

Wish we got that crossover between her and Ash. It'd make a great comic at least.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed