The Evil Dead Thread

Started by Shasvre, Jul 12, 2011, 02:45:42 PM

Author
The Evil Dead Thread (Read 124,693 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 04, 2015, 05:18:29 AM
So I just read something crazy about the remake...

Spoiler
Apparently the originally scripted ending had Mia stumbling out of the woods and getting picked up by an S-Mart van driven by Ash... and then it turns out she's still a Deadite after all and he kills her and says "groovy." :laugh: I wish...
[close]

I only heard the first part of that, which was then supposed to lead to a future movie or something with both

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 04, 2015, 12:45:05 PM

Spoiler
Apparently the originally scripted ending had Mia stumbling out of the woods and getting picked up by an S-Mart van driven by Ash... and then it turns out she's still a Deadite after all and he kills her and says "groovy." :laugh: I wish...
[close]

I only heard the first part of that, which was then supposed to lead to a future movie or something with both

I heard that they were planning on doing a movie with both, too. However, I personally hated the remake with a passion so I'm much happier with Ash vs Evil Dead instead

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Deathbearer on Nov 04, 2015, 02:03:58 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 04, 2015, 12:45:05 PM

Spoiler
[close]

I heard that they were planning on doing a movie with both, too. However, I personally hated the remake with a passion so I'm much happier with Ash vs Evil Dead instead

The remake was a good movie. It wasn't the same Evil Dead but it was a great "mainstream" conversion of it.

But of course Ash vs Evil Dead is the best way to move continue the franchise. That pilot was great  ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The second episode was even better than the first, IMO. Still too f**kin' short, though. Ash just wears his shotgun on his back during dinner like it's no big deal. :laugh:

Spoiler
"Your cooking was shit!" :laugh:
[close]

Shinawi

Shinawi

My sister was originally not a fan of horror movies until I showed her Army of Darkness, which is more comedy than being horror. She showed it to her friends. They like Bruce Campbell's acting, too.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yet another great episode. "f**k off, you annoying bitch!" :laugh: And that demon was pretty damn cool.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

This show just gets more and more fun as it goes. This episode was basically a thirty minute acid trip, and it was awesome.

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

Holy $@&# episode 6 is the best one yet

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yes, that was indeed the best episode so far. "Let me string your racket." :laugh: "Is that lavender?" :laugh: :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Well, Episode 8 just delivered a major gut punch. :'(

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'm thinking the season finale is going to be very divisive.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

I had a lot of fun with the first season. It's exactly the kind of gory, fun horror I feel's been lacking in movies and TV lately. That said, some of the humor is really forced and stupid. I know Ash is supposed to be a functioning moron but I feel the onslaught of jokes at times undermine Campbell's acting abilities. Part of me wanted to see a more world-weary Ash similar to Campbell's Elvis in Bubba Ho-Tep.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

I thought the show slowed down after the fourth or fifth episode but picked up when they got to the cabin. I really liked the ending, it was a real Ash kind of ending.

First Season - 7.5/10

ace3g

ace3g

Spoiler
[close]

ace3g

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed