The Evil Dead Thread

Started by Shasvre, Jul 12, 2011, 02:45:42 PM

Author
The Evil Dead Thread (Read 124,699 times)

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

Acid_Reign161

ace3g

ace3g

Poster

Kradan

Kradan

Oooh, creepy 

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: ace3g on Jan 04, 2023, 01:09:41 AMPoster

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FllvrPbWYAIxSSF?format=jpg&name=large

Huge Evil Dead fan here... love the entire franchise and already planning on booking out a cinema for a private screening when it releases.. however I'm going to be honest, that poster isn't screaming 'Evil Dead' to me 😅 I hope the trailer tomorrow is fantastic - I remember when the posters for Evil Dead 2013 dropped and the promo shot of Mia looking over her shoulder terrified had me *hooked* - the early promo shot of Mia in the cellar had me apprehensive initially as looking more 'Exorcist' than 'Evil Dead'(quickly put to rest once I saw the movie theatrically, I fell in love with it!) and I'm getting similar feelings about this poster (it seems very generic modern-horror - not too dissimilar to the 'Smile' poster) I'm hoping I'll shake this feeling once the trailer drops 😅 I'm have faith that Sam, Rob and Bruce wouldn't let anyone under their supervision put a blemish on the franchise 😊

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

...reminds me of this short🤭

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Stitch

Stitch

Trailer looks great. Not quite in the same vein as the originals, but I'm willing to give it a shot, since they can't show everything in the trailer.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah, it looks like a pretty different take, but I'm intrigued.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Just realized there's a Green Band trailer out as well. Obviously most of the super gory stuff from the Red Band one isn't in this version, but there's a ton of different footage in this version to make up for it. It's basically an entirely different second trailer:

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah, really looking forward to watch this one 8)

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

It looks pretty promising from the trailer!
Kinda like that they're following in the same tone as the remake.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

My one quibble here (and it was also a quibble with the remake) – I miss the Necronomicon having a face.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 05, 2023, 07:50:08 PMMy one quibble here (and it was also a quibble with the remake) – I miss the Necronomicon having a face.

I agree!
I also miss some of the more stylized and grotesque design elements of the deadites in the original films (deadite Ed and Henrietta from EDII, etc).

But it looks like it'll have some cool and creative sequences that play with the some of the surreal elements of the originals
Spoiler
that shot with all the arms comes to mind
[close]

I'm excited to see what directions they go in for this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed