Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 506,000 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 14, 2019, 09:44:57 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 14, 2019, 06:06:10 PM
Quote from: MudButt link=topic=38200.msg2347006#msg2347006

They're going back to what made the first season so damn great

Daddario? :P lol jk

Unfortunately nothing as amazing as that scene has been in True Detective S3.

Hell even S2 didn't have a scene like that.. and I was hoping with Rachel McAdams we'd get something good. Some nice behind shots of her though  :P
I was hoping for some Kelly Reilly, too. For a couple who really wanted a kid, they didn't f**k much. :laugh:

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 14, 2019, 11:00:03 PM
Just watched the first two episodes of True Detective - Season 3. That was damn good. I don't even think I was this invested in the first season after just two episodes. Cast is great and the make-up on old Mahershala Ali is damn impressive. I even had to look it up to see if they cast an older actor for him.

Glad you enjoyed it! I think giving Pizzolato some time to work on the show instead of rushing it out like they did was S2 really helped shape this season to be something worth watching.

I agree, I think it was episode 4 or 5 that really hooked me in Season 1. I knew was digging the show but that last half is what made it the great show we all know it as now.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I've got to admit, I haven't seen Season 2 myself. :-[

I gave Season 1 a shot back when it first aired and didn't really got into it. But for some reason, that beer Rust was drinking got stuck on my mind, so a few months later I ordered some bottles of Lone Star. Once I got it, I kind of felt like I kind of needed to give the show a shot again, so I ended up binging it and drinking Lone Star. Guess beer was the saving grace. :D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Season 2 starts okay, but it just goes on and on. And the season finale is f**king 90 minutes long. Motherf**ker, you're not season five of The Wire.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I haven't seen The Wire either. :-[

I have been meaning to see Season 2 of True Detective, just never got around to it. I kind of like the look of it and I'm a big fan of both Colin Farrell and Rachel McAdams.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 15, 2019, 01:49:53 AM

I have been meaning to see Season 2 of True Detective, just never got around to it. I kind of like the look of it and I'm a big fan of both Colin Farrell and Rachel McAdams.

The big difference is that The Wire was wrapping up five seasons' worth of characters and plot points. True Detective S2 was just wrapping a needlessly convoluted mess.

MudButt

MudButt

Yeah S2 starts okay and towards the mid-point they have this awesome shootout scene and then they do a slight time jump and it never recovers. The plot was just too convoluted. It went from a case that you barely care about to this giant conspiracy. Very insane.0

Huggs

Huggs

Wrapping up season 5: Volume 1 of Vikings on Bluray

Lovin' it, as usual.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Some random Twin Peaks S3 thoughts:

Spoiler

-Loved seeing Gordon and Albert basically carry huge chunks of the series. The added insight into the whole Blue Rose thing was fascinating.

-Jeffries becoming a giant tea kettle is certainly an interesting way to work around an actor not being available. Same goes for the Man from Another Place becoming a tree. Major Briggs was handled well, too.

-So I guess poor Chet Desmond is stuck in the Lodge for all eternity.

-"I had another Monica Bellucci dream last night." Damn it Gordon, focus! :laugh:

-That whole shootout on Dougie's street was just the most random and hilarious thing ever. It helps that I recognized the Polish Accountant from the most recent season of Preacher.

-Heh, Shaggy go boom.

-Nukes are bad, got it.

-As iffy as I was on the whole Dougie thing at first, a certain amount of time needed to be spent with his family in order for Coop's goodbye scene to be as touching as it was. That being said, I'm not sure if Coop giving them another Tulpa is sweet, f**ked up, or some mix of the two. Not that it matters, considering he seemed to f**k the multiverse six ways from Sunday by the end.

-General Twin Peaks Sheriff's Department stuff: Lucy kicking ass was amazing. Frank Truman was cool, and it's always nice having Robert Forster around, even if Harry was written out very awkwardly. Bobby being a deputy now was a great bit of character development. Oh, and Michael Cera makes perfect sense as Andy and Lucy's kid. If Dick were the father, he'd be Jesse Eisenberg. :laugh:

-I guess ZZ Top turned down. Lynch's offer to perform live. Yet James Marshall just had sing Just You again. :laugh:

-So if speculation that 1956 girl was Sarah Palmer is correct, and she's in some way possessed or influenced by Judy, that would seemingly explain Bob's fixation on the Palmer family, and why he was so intent on having Laura as his next conduit.

-As far as the green glove goes, sure it was silly, but this is the same show that had Windom Earle kill people and place their bodies in giant chess pieces. Not to mention basically any of the subplots from Season 2.

-Certain characters felt like they were only in this season because the actors were up for it and Lynch didn't want to say no. I give a pass to Jerry Horne because of how hilarious he was, though.

-It took me a bit to put together the relationship between Bad Coop and Richard Horne, and... yikes. :-X

-Diane, tulpa or not, is one of the most insanely fun characters ever. Not bad for someone who was literally just a name before now.

-So, since there's been no word on Leo, I guess he's still holding that rope with his teeth. It's like the Twin Peaks version of Huell waiting in that room.

-Cooper, what were you trying to accomplish by Back to the Future Part II'ing yourself into Fire Walk with Me and interfering with Laura's fate? That just, gahhhhh.... Just because you're the Kwisatz Haderach doesn't mean you can f**k the timeline worse than Barry Allen has. This is especially true with FWWM's ending showing Laura coming to terms with what happened... and Cooper f**ked all that up. He's now seemingly condemned her to go through all of her suffering again, only differently.

-So I read that the woman in the Palmer house at the end is the house's real life owner playing herself. So... Cooper stepped into the "real world..." I think. That's the ending of Gilliam's take on Watchmen! :laugh:

Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Russ on Jan 14, 2019, 02:12:06 PM
@Prez - I hope you enjoy it, man. Look - I'm predisposed to like this stuff, but with my rose-tints off, I'll say the weakest episode so far is the "Doom Patrol" (I really liked it, but I'm far from neutral).

Let me know what you think if you get a chance!

Interesting enough I watched the promo trailer on Netflix and holy cow - that was miles better than the original `F**K Batman' one they released months ago. Yep I'm gonna give this a whirl for sure. I totally get your Snyder reference too and FWIW I'm a big fan of Snyder's take on DC (loved Watchmen, MOS, BVS and WW... Justice League was ok but clearly they need to release the Snyder cut ;-D

And yes I am a DC fan too.

Russ

Russ

You're gonna love it, I reckon!

Aces - Yeah - I'd love to see the Snyder-cut, but I doubt if WB would invest the zillions it would cost to finish it (and I'm guessing there'd be more reshoots required too).

But - honestly - this is the show I've been waiting for and I hope you like it :-)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Colony Season 1 Episode 1
Its way too slow, especially for what is a 10 episode series

Baron Von Marlon

Started my yearly viewing of The Office US a couple of days ago.
And having another go at Narcos.

Got some download related issues that keep me from getting new stuff.  >:(

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 15, 2019, 01:49:53 AM

The Wire isn't bad but overrated and not worth the hype.

True Detective season 2 is a waste of time.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 17, 2019, 04:07:22 AMThe Wire isn't bad but overrated and not worth the hype.

Gonna have to politely disagree. The Wire is simply one of the best shows I've ever seen.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Spartacus: War of the Damned,

incredibly cheesy, gory, over the top and as historically inaccurate as it can be, still loved every bloodsoaked minute of it.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed