Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 487,322 times)

MudButt

MudButt

Yeah, the Wire is a great show. Really does a great job of making you honestly care more for the drug dealers and dislike the cops. The characters are raw and real and the acting is top notch. You should definitely check it out.

Huggs

Huggs

Gunsmoke - The fourth victim.

Always loved this one. A stout class on suspense.

Baron Von Marlon

The Punisher, season 2, episodes 1 and 2
So far I'm liking it better than the first.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 17, 2019, 10:07:59 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 17, 2019, 04:07:22 AMThe Wire isn't bad but overrated and not worth the hype.

Gonna have to politely disagree. The Wire is simply one of the best shows I've ever seen.

I just didn't like the way most seasons ended.
Spoiler
There's one or more where imo the wrong people die/live or go to jail/or not. Or some case gets closed for whatever reason when there's still more to it
[close]
and I find that unsatisfying.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

That's exactly the point of The Wire. Shit doesn't go perfectly, and the cycle continues unbroken.

I've watched the first five episodes of Punisher S2. Really good stuff, so far. Pilgrim seems to be partly based on the Mennonite from Jason Aaron's run, minus the only killing with farming equipment thing.

Baron Von Marlon

Then that's the point why I don't really like The Wire  ;D

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Sliders Season 1 Episode 10

Russ

Russ

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 17, 2019, 10:13:23 AM
Spartacus: War of the Damned,

incredibly cheesy, gory, over the top and as historically inaccurate as it can be, still loved every bloodsoaked minute of it.  ;D

What I really loved (especially in the first season) was that they used the right head-gear... that's a ballsy movie, hiding the actors' faces like that.

The War of the Damned did stretch it a lot, I guess... I mean, they really did go around the countryside entirely ravaging it, forcing people to fight and all that stuff...

It was a big stretch in the later seasons, though, but as you say... loads of fun.

Damn, damn shame about Andy Whitfield, though. :-(

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Russ on Jan 21, 2019, 01:14:32 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 17, 2019, 10:13:23 AM
Spartacus: War of the Damned,

incredibly cheesy, gory, over the top and as historically inaccurate as it can be, still loved every bloodsoaked minute of it.  ;D

What I really loved (especially in the first season) was that they used the right head-gear... that's a ballsy movie, hiding the actors' faces like that.

The War of the Damned did stretch it a lot, I guess... I mean, they really did go around the countryside entirely ravaging it, forcing people to fight and all that stuff...

It was a big stretch in the later seasons, though, but as you say... loads of fun.

Damn, damn shame about Andy Whitfield, though. :-(

True, the murmillo helmets were awesome. Glad they did that. The gladitorial fights of the first season were some of my favorite moments of the series in general.

Historical accuracy seldom makes for a the best story, so rule of cool all the way. As long as a movie or series does not explicitly claims historical accuracy, i see no problem.

Yeah it's a shame. While Liam McIntyre was by no means bad and did his best, he had big shoes to fill. It was just not quite the same without Andy  :(

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Finally started watching Game of Thrones. Three or four episodes in. Liking it so far, seeing lots of potential.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 21, 2019, 01:57:40 PM
Finally started watching Game of Thrones. Three or four episodes in. Liking it so far, seeing lots of potential.

I'm jealous of you. You're going to see so much evolution in the scale of that show going forward. And you don't have to wait over a year for every season like most of us did.  ;)

Baron Von Marlon

The Punisher, season 2
Definitely liked this more than season 1 but 13 episodes was still a bit too much.
Netflix should learn to trim the fat a little. Most of their releases are just a tiny tad too long.

The Office US
Almost done with season 6. Bit of a dip but still good tv.

Surviving R. Kelly, episodes 1 and 2
Documentary on R. Kelly's sexual abuse allegations.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 21, 2019, 01:57:40 PM

You're gonna have a good time. Lots of edge-of-your-seat/goosebumps/come on! moments.
Take it easy otherwise you'll be done before the new season's out.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 22, 2019, 03:05:39 AMTake it easy otherwise you'll be done before the new season's out.

I'm watching it with my girlfriend, which means we'll probably only get around to it at weekends. Should manage to eke it out until April!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Falling Skies Season 2 Episodes 1-6
The pace and balance is alot better now and the body count is higher lmao

True Detective Season 3 Episodes 1-2
This was brilliant. Instantly gripped me

Superstore Season 4 Episode 1
Glad this is back. Its funny as hell

Sliders Season 2 Episode 1
I always preferred the title sequence to Season 2

Baron Von Marlon

Ray Donovan, season 6, episodes 1 and 2
Quite alright so far.

Narcos
Having another go at the series. At season 2 now.

Anyone seen the Perfume series? I like the movie so I'm curious and gonna watch it at some point.

And I just though of Dark again. Great Netflix series. And Mindhunter. There should be a law against more than a year between each season.

MudButt

MudButt

Narcos is great. Season 3 is awesome and Narcos: Mexico is even better  8)

And Mindhunter S2 should be coming out soon.. man that show is so good. David Fincher needs to hurry up!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed