Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 487,311 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Sliders Season 1 Episode 3
So Horror in the UK are showing this in Broadcast/DVD order rather than chronological order. A shame but i guess they couldnt be bothered to go on Wikipedia to get the right order lmao

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Twin Peaks: The Return Parts 12-14

Bad Coop arm wrestles Jason f**king Voorhees! :laugh:

I can't imagine waiting 25 years to find out what the blue rose meant. But hey, poor Chet actually got a mention. I was wondering about him. :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

What is this, kindergarten?

So close to the end now, any predictions on where it is going?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Twin Peaks: The Return Parts 15-18

WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED?!?

Spoiler
Cooper, did you seriously just f**k with the timeline for kicks? What did you think would happen?
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

What year is this?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Kiss me now.

Huggs

Huggs

Gunsmoke - Hard Luck Henry

Russ

Russ

Titans.

It's fcking awesome. Like I was saying above, "Daredevil" was the TV show  a DC Batman show could have been (I LOVED DD). 

Titans was obviously taking notes... my only worry (I'm 7 or so episodes in) is that I saw Greg Berlanti's name in the credits.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy Supergirl and Legends and all that, but the tone they set with Titans... the last thing they need is for it get on Berlanti's heavy handed social commentary. I have to say its been absent so far.

Thus far, this show has delivered everything that - as a big DC fan - that I've been looking for. It's really Synder-verse. It's dark and very very violent. And has horror aspects too. The Easter Eggs abound... the flashbacks to Grayson's tenure with Wayne are brilliant and laden with expectation...

I'm a fan!

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Russ on Jan 14, 2019, 10:07:12 AM
Titans.

It's fcking awesome. Like I was saying above, "Daredevil" was the TV show  a DC Batman show could have been (I LOVED DD). 

Titans was obviously taking notes... my only worry (I'm 7 or so episodes in) is that I saw Greg Berlanti's name in the credits.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy Supergirl and Legends and all that, but the tone they set with Titans... the last thing they need is for it get on Berlanti's heavy handed social commentary. I have to say its been absent so far.

Thus far, this show has delivered everything that - as a big DC fan - that I've been looking for. It's really Synder-verse. It's dark and very very violent. And has horror aspects too. The Easter Eggs abound... the flashbacks to Grayson's tenure with Wayne are brilliant and laden with expectation...

I'm a fan!

Happy to hear this. The trailers did nothing for me personally and I lost interest in most of DC's other TV shows a while ago but like you I loved Daredevil. Think I made need to give this a whirl.

Russ

Russ

@Prez - I hope you enjoy it, man. Look - I'm predisposed to like this stuff, but with my rose-tints off, I'll say the weakest episode so far is the "Doom Patrol" (I really liked it, but I'm far from neutral).

Let me know what you think if you get a chance!

MudButt

MudButt

Watched the first two episodes of True Detective S3 and really dug them. I'm hooked for sure.

They're going back to what made the first season so damn great and although it is a dark show it is nowhere near as moody as Season 2 was. The lead detectives played by a fantastic Mahershala Ali and a surprisingly great Stephen Dorff steer clear of being the typical alcoholic cop on the edge of being crooked and although they aren't far from that I think it's the writing and acting that make them break free from that tired character type.

The case is also pretty interesting so far and that is important in my eyes since the show is essentially a detective show. It takes a nice turn at the end of the first episode. It does return to multiple timelines and I can't wait to see where each storyline ends up. It's not season 1 good but it's so much better than season 2.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. Was just about to sit down and watch the episodes myself. :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: MudButt link=topic=38200.msg2347006#msg2347006

They're going back to what made the first season so damn great

Daddario? :P lol jk

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 14, 2019, 06:06:10 PM
Quote from: MudButt link=topic=38200.msg2347006#msg2347006

They're going back to what made the first season so damn great

Daddario? :P lol jk

Unfortunately nothing as amazing as that scene has been in True Detective S3.

Hell even S2 didn't have a scene like that.. and I was hoping with Rachel McAdams we'd get something good. Some nice behind shots of her though  :P

Shasvre

Shasvre

Just watched the first two episodes of True Detective - Season 3. That was damn good. I don't even think I was this invested in the first season after just two episodes. Cast is great and the make-up on old Mahershala Ali is damn impressive. I even had to look it up to see if they cast an older actor for him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed