Your opinion on Mears', Steele's & Jones' performances in "Predators"

Started by Tangakkai, Jul 19, 2010, 09:40:22 PM

Author
Your opinion on Mears', Steele's & Jones' performances in "Predators" (Read 4,672 times)

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

What is your opinion on how the new Predators in this movie were portrayed by their actors in the suits?

Did it look real and was it believable or were you able to tell that these were just guys in suits?
Meaning: did their performance convince you that what you saw on screen, was an extraterrestrial species that hunts for sport and treats its prey in the most sadistic way?
Were Mears & Co able to give their characters personalities? Did they put their own twists to their Predator - characters?

I personally thought that although the movie itself was very good, something was missing. I came to the conclusion that for me it was the performances of the Predator - Actors that didn't leave an impression on me after the movie. Sure while you see the Preds on screen you're just like "Oh wow, this guy looks so bad ass", but when leaving the cinema I couldn't tell one memorable pose or move of a Predator, whereas I remember that the very first time I saw Predator 1/2 I was just blown away by every move that Predator made. The reason for this could either be that Steele and the rest didn't know how to go about the task or RR & Antal didn't allow them enough space to create a performance.

So feel free to share your opinions of their acting and discuss away gang!

Sabres21768

I had absolutely no problem with their performances.

The Preds were meant to be different, so the different kind of 'movement' the performers gave them was fine with me.

Jumpman

Jumpman

none of em had enough screen time to even give an opinion.. just give us one classic pred and no other preds for the sequel. played by Ian Whyte

in all honesty, the wolf pred shits on all 4 of the preds in the movie.

draken161

draken161

In my opinion, I think the overall performance was a bit mediocre. This was due to the overly bulky suits though... I've noticed Steele in other movie's he's always wearing Big bulky suits, I think that maybe next time they should take a better approach so the movements can be more fluid and not have that Darth Vader esque to them.

A Good performance doesn't depend entirely on screen time, they could have given one. (In my opinion)

Quote from: Jumpman on Jul 19, 2010, 09:44:43 PM
none of em had enough screen time to even give an opinion.. just give us one classic pred and no other preds for the sequel. played by Ian Whyte

in all honesty, the wolf pred shits on all 4 of the preds in the movie.

I agree :) Ian Whyte was excellent in that movie and the only good part of it IMO.

Dusk

Even Ian Whytes first performances in AvP was better than all the suit actors in Predators. The only moment that felt Predator like at all, is when Black ripped out Stan's spine and then roared.

Tangakkai

Yes Whyte had his moments and gave a solid performance in AvP -R. It will always stay a mystery why he wasn't cast for this picture.

Quote from: Dusk on Jul 19, 2010, 09:55:30 PM
Even Ian Whytes first performances in AvP was better than all the suit actors in Predators. The only moment that felt Predator like at all, is when Black ripped out Stan's spine and then roared.

That and I also find the roar in front of the wall of fire (at the beginning of the fight with Royce) being one of the few scenes that gave him personality.

ShadowPred

I'm so close to say that these actors sucked as the Predators, but to be fair, we hardly got to see them be athletic in any way. So I don't think I can judge.

RakaiThwei

Mears, Steele and Jones didn't do much.. They were more like puppets in suits.

I didn't like their performances at all.

You want a Predator? Look for Kevin Peter Hall, or Ian Whyte for examples. They are good Predator suit actors.

Mears, Steele and Jones were just... hulking around, no grace, no finesse, nothing like which we had seen in the previous movies at all whatsoever.

-Rakai'Thwei

Dusk

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jul 19, 2010, 09:56:14 PM
Yes Whyte had his moments and gave a solid performance in AvP -R. It will always stay a mystery why he wasn't cast for this picture.

I read two things regarding this.

1. Supposedly Ian Whyte was busy with Clash of the Titans, so he couldn't be part of Predators.

2. Rodriguez didn't want Predators to be related to the AvP movies in any way and didn't cast Whyte because of it.

I don't know which one is true, if they are maybe both true. If it's reason number 2 though, I hope Rodrigues gets over himself.

ShadowPred

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 19, 2010, 09:57:19 PM
I'm so close to say that these actors sucked as the Predators, but to be fair, we hardly got to see them be athletic in any way. So I don't think I can judge.

Actually scratch, that, we saw plenty.

These f**king actors sucked compared to Hall or Whyte.

Federick Gonsa

I cant tell the diference people talk about predator movements.

echobbase79

Well maybe if they were in the movie more they would've been allowed more of a performance. The real predators of PREDATORS are the human actors.

Tangakkai

Quote from: Dusk on Jul 19, 2010, 10:01:31 PM
Quote from: Tangakkai on Jul 19, 2010, 09:56:14 PM

I read two things regarding this.

1. Supposedly Ian Whyte was busy with Clash of the Titans, so he couldn't be part of Predators.

2. Rodriguez didn't want Predators to be related to the AvP movies in any way and didn't cast Whyte because of it.

I don't know which one is true, if they are maybe both true. If it's reason number 2 though, I hope Rodrigues gets over himself.

I don't think RR is a guy like that. Don't forget that he used the same editor for his movie like in AvP - R. The first reason seems more plausible imho.

OmegaZilla

I sincerely liked their performances. Black looked like a pissed off Rhinoceros all the time, Falconer was powerful-looking in the sword duel and Tusks... well I can't judge something like 1 minute of screentime.

Tangakkai

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 19, 2010, 10:13:13 PM
Black looked like a pissed off Rhinoceros all the time.

Agreed, but do we really need to see a Pred like that? Doesn't it take the details of the personality away then?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed