Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 408,541 times)

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Terx2
I also hate racist people and religious people >:(. I hate people who judge people by the color of there skin and there believes >:(.

XenomorphX5

Quote from: Huol on Jul 25, 2011, 03:48:21 AM
I also hate racist people and religious people[\b] >:(. I hate people who judge people by the color of there skin and there believes >:(.[\b]

http://30.media.tumblr.com/RaAhBBk4Tht5rf1cmrnSCJqro1_500.jpg

Wait......What?

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: XenomorphX5 on Jul 25, 2011, 04:20:14 AM
Quote from: Huol on Jul 25, 2011, 03:48:21 AM
I also hate racist people and religious people[\b] >:(. I hate people who judge people by the color of there skin and there believes >:(.[\b]

http://30.media.tumblr.com/RaAhBBk4Tht5rf1cmrnSCJqro1_500.jpg

Wait......What?

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused ;D.

TheMonolith

Hating someone based on their religion or lack thereof is the same thing as hating someone for their skin color, nationality and sexual orientation.
Hatred of any population is bigotry.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Bjørn Martinsen on Jul 22, 2011, 03:23:37 PM
Quote from: Vulhala on Jul 22, 2011, 03:19:10 PM
Quote from: Bjørn Martinsen on Jul 22, 2011, 03:17:39 PM
Quote from: Terx2 on Jul 22, 2011, 06:31:31 AM
The Cold >:( I F**king hate winter >:(. I'd rather be too hot than too cold.

Ah well we're opposites, I HATE the heat and love the cold.

That's probably a good thing considering where you live  :laugh:

But I'm the same. I can't function if it's hotter than 27C. That's more than hot enough for me.

It gets pretty cold during British summers doesn't it?
I'd melt in 27C, once had the missfortune of being in Greece during a heat wave, was 39C for 4 days straight. I think I actually lost weight during that one!

Im the same. I dont mind the winter or the cold so much because its easier to keep wrapped up and warm. But when its sweltering hot its impossible to stay cool and at night I find it hard to sleep when its sticky hot.

For me id be happy if in summer it was 20C and thats it. Ive never liked extreme heat. I was in Turkey about 10 years ago during a heatwave and for 3 days in a row the tempereature was between 40-42C and it was brutal. Even the locals couldnt stand it because they were used to mid-thirties and it was too much even for them.

LadyZero

LadyZero

Quote from: XenomorphX5 on Jul 25, 2011, 03:25:27 AM
Gah, yes, what LadyZero said arises a good point. I despise when people hate and ssume things solely based on appearence. I have a Mohawk and piercings, so yes, I understand I'll get judged and get shit for that. But I know a girl who's a natural redhead, who has to DENY it and dye her hair, because people beat her up over it.

It's disgusting.

That's so bloody stupid, that's like people assuming I'm dumb because I'm a natural blonde (okay it's a dark blonde, but still, blonde). Your redhead friend should be proud of her hair, it's a genetic oddity and totally gorgeous. Screw what people say, you are who you are and you shouldn't have to hide it.

Crazy Rich

I also hate racist people and religious people >:(. I hate people who judge people by the color of there skin and there believes >:(.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p4T7_XI7WM#ws

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Terx2 on Jul 23, 2011, 05:07:10 AM

I presume you meant beliefs? If so youve just contradicted yourself. In one sentence you say you hate religious people and in the next you say you hate people who judge others because of their beliefs. Well you yourself are doing just that by hating somebody because they are a deeply religious person.

I think I know what you probably meant but youve worded it horribly and it comes across as stupid. I think you probably mean you hate people who are so devout to their religion that they force it upon others wether they want to hear it or not. I know the type and they annoy the hell out of me. But I dont hate them for being religious, its their pushy, ignorant behaviour and attitude that I dislike, not the fact they are deeply religous.

I think this is what you might have meant because if its not then youve just massively contradicted yourself.

Crazy Rich

Well I'm Christian - Protestant but believe me when I say I don't believe every word in the Bible, but that doesn't mean it should be thrown away because some idiots in Italy f**ked up, there are still valuable lessons in the Bible we can learn from.

Also believe me when I say, I don't go to church. The reason being the type of people Keg pointed out, I don't need to be told I'm going to hell or something by some preist because of some idiotic reason. I honour my God in my own way and I honour that others can choose to believe what they want to believe. I have friends who are fellow Christians as well as Muslims, Jews, and Atheist all because we are smart and tolerant enough to put those differences aside for friendship.  :)

We even learn some cool things from each other. Tolerance, respect and diversity for the win.  :)

Like Keg said, if you did mean that, massive contradiction. Contradiction in the form of a beached whale.

XenomorphX5

Well said, Crazy Rich. That's exactly how my friends an I are. I'm spiritual, but I have Christian friends, Catholic friends, athiests, lutherins, ect. If only more people realized that it doesn't matter what another believes.

TheMonolith

Again, right here.
Most of my friends are agnostic but there are a few wiccans in there as well, and all of them are awesome.
I not only follow the Bible and the advice of loved ones and friends, but also the words of the great philosophizer Ted Theodore Logan.
"Be excellent to each other!"
(Insert air guitar here)

Keg

Keg

Im ordained in the church of the latter day dudes. Dudeist Priest hell yeah!

All joking aside, I like the idea of the bible itself. Its not for me but I like that if some people get solace from it or get guidance from it (or any religious text for that matter) then thats a good thing. If somebody recognises a holy book isnt stone cold fact but they like the ideas, themes, messages contained within, so they choose to live their lives by it, then thats fantastic. Its when people take them literally and become fanatical about it that it becomes a problem.

Theres a big argument that Religion is the root cause of almost every conflict. I dont think thats true. Religion is the excuse thats all. Humans have always fought each other and religion is simply the easy option to blame.

On a small scale I think its great. As an example, my grandmother (who is Italian and Roman Catholic) prays every night for every member of her family, alive or dead, and she says each name in her prayers. It takes her almost half an hour to do it every night and to me that is crazy. But for her it makes her happy and gives her a little bit of comfort. On that level its quite sweet and its what religion should do for people, not make them fanatical morons that wont hear it any other way.

As someone who isnt religious at all, I certainly dont hate religion, I just hate the idiots that use it as an excuse for their hatred of others. Unfortunately thats never going to change, its been like that for thousands of years so it aint gonna stop now.

Crazy Rich

Well said guys.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Keg on Jul 25, 2011, 06:55:56 PM
Quote from: Terx2 on Jul 23, 2011, 05:07:10 AM

I presume you meant beliefs? If so youve just contradicted yourself. In one sentence you say you hate religious people and in the next you say you hate people who judge others because of their beliefs. Well you yourself are doing just that by hating somebody because they are a deeply religious person.

I think I know what you probably meant but youve worded it horribly and it comes across as stupid. I think you probably mean you hate people who are so devout to their religion that they force it upon others wether they want to hear it or not. I know the type and they annoy the hell out of me. But I dont hate them for being religious, its their pushy, ignorant behaviour and attitude that I dislike, not the fact they are deeply religous.

I think this is what you might have meant because if its not then youve just massively contradicted yourself.

Sorry I did mean beliefs :-[. I dislike people that judge people of because of there beliefs like saying that your god is wrong and acting aggresive towards other people because of there beleifs. The person themself not there beliefs.

I respect everyones opinon on god and the afterlife. But using that as an excuse to act like an asshole is no way to treat another human being. I like people who treat each other with respect even thought they an Muslim, Jewish or Christian.

I'm an atheist and I know a few people that act differnetly towards me because I don't beleive in god. They try to convince me into believing god.They try to force me to believe in god. That behavour is what I hate.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's just human nature unfortunately. We always have to be right. The best thing to do is ignore people like that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed