Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women?

Started by predxeno, May 25, 2010, 05:41:42 PM

Author
Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women? (Read 91,024 times)

#6.0

Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2010, 01:17:42 AM
So you don't have one that makes any sense?

How does that not make sense?

SpaceMarines

There's no extra nutrients from a fetus, as all the nutrients there would just be in the mother otherwise.

SiL

Bursters don't eat with their mouths. They leech from their host. Baby wouldn't help much, like SpaceMarines said.

#6.0

its sustenance, organic material, also the nutrient filled placenta would qualify as nutrients. The "perfect organism" should be able to use anything/everything useful, i would say the fetus also counts. and they cant eat to much of the host itself, they might risk the death of the host before the chestburster is developed. So the fetus and placenta is extra, possible of supporting multiple chestbursters successfully. 

SM

Chewing the insides of the mother to get to the foetus is going to kill her long before they're ready to burst.

predxeno

I know the baby isn't really born yet, but does anyone know whether or not he/she could feel the chestbursters picking it apart?  What would he/she be thinking or reacting to this?

#6.0

Chewing? Perhaps. Absorption? I doubt it. It would not occur that fast. Also we dont know the time gap between the face rape and burst.

echobbase79

SM

SM

QuoteI know the baby isn't really born yet, but does anyone know whether or not he/she could feel the chestbursters picking it apart?

Yes if she was close to full term.  Which I think she is.

QuoteWhat would he/she be thinking or reacting to this?

Nothing much.

QuoteAbsorption? I doubt it.

What "absorbtion"?  The burster(s) are absorbing the human foetus?  How?

samoht

Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2010, 01:56:51 AM
http://manti.no.sapo.pt/my-brain-hurts.jpg

QuoteI know the baby isn't really born yet, but does anyone know whether or not he/she could feel the chestbursters picking it apart?

Yes if she was close to full term.  Which I think she is.

QuoteWhat would he/she be thinking or reacting to this?

Nothing much.

QuoteAbsorption? I doubt it.

What "absorbtion"?  The burster(s) are absorbing the human foetus?  How?

They aren't absorbing the foetus. They are absorbing nutrients from the mother.

predxeno

If that's the case, what happens to the fetus?

Out of curiosity, what do you guys think happened to the babies in the maternity ward?  I know they're probably gone...(trails off ominously) but does anyone have any thoughts to the details of their, let's say; disappearance?

OmegaZilla

They were ate alive from the Predalien.
Or they simply went boom when the nuke hit the town.

predxeno

I kinda doubt that they lasted until the nuke.

OmegaZilla

Who knows? It's AvPR after all. XD

#6.0

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 11, 2010, 03:03:17 PM
They were ate alive from the Predalien.
Or they simply went boom when the nuke hit the town.

Eaten alive by the predalien?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed