Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women?

Started by predxeno, May 25, 2010, 05:41:42 PM

Author
Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women? (Read 91,035 times)

PredalienXenomorph

Not you the guy that said Chet could poop out eggs.

#6.0

predxeno

predxeno

Yeah, Pre-Queen sounds better.  I didn't want to use Praetorian cause Chet looks nothing like them.

#6.0

Because

that noggin looks nothing like

that one.

SM

QuoteNo f**king empress, no king, no egg morphing, no direct transformation, no body bursters, no bullshit.

No f**kin' ice CREAM!!!

SpaceMarines

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 10, 2010, 03:56:17 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 10, 2010, 03:52:48 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Jun 10, 2010, 03:48:22 AM
Not according to EU material.

When films and EU clash, the films win.

No, I'm suggesting that the EU material can be retconned into a single continuity that goes hand-in-hand with the films.

'Cept that both 3 and Res show quite conclusively that drones don't morph into Queens, what with the whole Queenburster thing.

SM

And if the Queen dies we can resort to egg morphing to create a new one (which has some basis in the films) - and if one doesn't care for egg morphing; no more eggs.  Too bad for the Aliens.  They aren't all powerful.

predxeno

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 10, 2010, 04:20:44 AM
'Cept that both 3 and Res show quite conclusively that drones don't morph into Queens, what with the whole Queenburster thing.

I believe it only showed that queens can be born from queenbursters.  It doesn't disprove that alien drones can evolve into queens.

SM

The original not changing into a Queen would though.

Valaquen

Not to be a stickler to anyone, but Cameron did say the Queen came from a molted Alien drone:

An immature female, one of the first to emerge from hosts, grows to become a new queen, while males become drones or warriors. Subsequent female larvae remain dormant or are killed by males... or biochemically sense that a queen exists and change into males to limit waste. The Queen locates a nesting spot (the warmth of the atmosphere station heat exchanger level being perfect for egg incubation) and becomes sedentary. She is then tended by the males as her abdomen swells into a distended egg sac. The drones and warriors also secrete a resinous building material to line the structure, creating niches in which they may lie dormant when food supplies and/or hosts for further reproduction become depleted (i.e. when all the colonists are used up). They are discovered in this condition by the troopers, but quickly emerge when new hosts present themselves.

Of course, Alien3 seems to take a different route in its assembly cut, with a super facehugger (granted there is another inconsistency - the s. facehugger is discovered with the ox, and the regular facehugger impregnates Ripley on the Sulaco with a Queen.) Big bloody mess, all this malarkey.

SM

Quotebut Cameron did say the Queen came from a molted Alien drone:

He didn't really say that in that quote you posted.  It could be interpreted that way but also note...

Subsequent female larvae remain dormant or are killed by males... or biochemically sense that a queen exists and change into males to limit waste

1) He's talking about "males" and "females" which most people don't apply to Aliens.  At least not in the traditional sense.
2) His use of "or" would indicate he hasn't given it a great deal of thought.

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Jun 10, 2010, 04:50:46 AM
Quotebut Cameron did say the Queen came from a molted Alien drone:

He didn't really say that in that quote you posted.  It could be interpreted that way but also note...

Subsequent female larvae remain dormant or are killed by males... or biochemically sense that a queen exists and change into males to limit waste

1) He's talking about "males" and "females" which most people don't apply to Aliens.  At least not in the traditional sense.
2) His use of "or" would indicate he hasn't given it a great deal of thought.

I think he's using male and female in terms of who reproduces, and who doesn't, not in a boy/girl sense. I don't think that 'or' means he hasn't given it thought: larvae are either killed or they may become drones rather than rival Queens. It's pretty plain what he's saying. For Cameron's film, his explanation makes perfect sense. For the rest of the series - ha, it won't make sense. All the movies have been made by different people, at different times, wanting different interpretations of the life-cycle.

SM

He gave it enough thought as it applied to his film.  ie. He posed the question of 'Who's laying these eggs?' and gave us an answer inorder to have a big climax.  And used insectoid life cycles by way of explanation.

However, yes as you said it doesn't apply to the films that followed.  So as far as we know what happend to Ripley in Alien3 happened to someone at Hadley.

Abhunter

I just watched AVPR again, (Shocking, I KNOW!) and Chet impregnates the people in the sewer as well, You just cant tell as easy.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: Abhunter on Jun 10, 2010, 05:51:12 AM
I just watched AVPR again, (Shocking, I KNOW!) and Chet impregnates the people in the sewer as well, You just cant tell as easy.

Huggers get 2 dudes.

Chithead does something to old lady bum.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed