Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women?

Started by predxeno, May 25, 2010, 05:41:42 PM

Author
Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women? (Read 91,032 times)

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Master on Jun 03, 2010, 03:32:28 PM
QuoteEvolution wouldn't have granted them these genetic traits from the host when they already have a method of reproduction.  Why do they need extra methods
Do you even read things you wrote? You are deffending another method of reproduction (totally pointless and stupid) and then useing argumen that it is pointless for aliens to have another one?

QuoteAnother explanation is that, perhaps, the predator and the alien belong to similar classes: reptiles, etc.  Therefore, it is easier for the alien to get more traits from the predator than from humans.
I`ve never seen a reptile with condensed accid as blood. And aliens look nothing like creature which could have evolved on its own (they look like weapons of war), when predators are very human like.

This isn't a new method of reproduction, just an addition to it.  The egg-barfing method isn't meant to replace the traditional egg-laying method.  The egg-barfing method is used while the queen is still juvenile and can move around to hosts more easily.  When it fully grows, however, it won't be able to do it anymore.  Either becaue it's too big to get to hosts or its eggs are now actual alien eggs and not simply embryos anymore.

I was using reptile as an example.  My point is; the aliens and predators could belong to similar kingdoms, phylums, etc.

Btw: Thanks for your support OmegaZilla, it is much appreciated. :)

Master

Why it`s not meant to replace older meathod? It`s more efficient then lying eggs :D And in the end It gives us aliens few times faster. Also using your logic is there any indication in AvP-r that predalien will create egg sack etc.?

QuoteMy point is; the aliens and predators could belong to similar kingdoms, phylums, etc.
Do they look f**king alike? Do they have even one feature in common? No? Thanks for trying.

PredalienXenomorph

We have no way to tell what kind of creatures Xenomorphs are. They show characteristics of several creatures from different animal kingdoms.

Quote from: Master on Jun 03, 2010, 03:51:01 PM
Why it`s not meant to replace older meathod? It`s more efficient then lying eggs :D And in the end It gives us aliens few times faster. Also using your logic is there any indication in AvP-r that predalien will create egg sack etc.?

QuoteMy point is; the aliens and predators could belong to similar kingdoms, phylums, etc.
Do they look f**king alike? Do they have even one feature in common? No? Thanks for trying.

Uhhhh it is not more efficient, Chet could only impregnate women. Eggs/facehuggers can impregnate anyone and can leave the hive area. Chet is an isolated creature so having a queen around would be better,

predxeno

VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT HERE:
For those of us who have the two-disc version of the film; go to Special Features and look at the Predalien documentary.  It shows that the Strausse bros. always intended for the predalien to be some sort of junior queen.

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 03, 2010, 04:02:22 PM
For those of us who have the two-disc version of the film; go to Special Features and look at the Predalien documentary.  It shows that the Strausse bros. always intended for the predalien to be some sort of junior queen.

Doesn't count as canon here, but I have seen it ;D First time I found out the upper body Predalien trick.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 03, 2010, 04:02:22 PM
They've made the interviews after the film... ::) ;) ;D

predxeno

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 03, 2010, 04:16:28 PM
They've made the interviews after the film... ::) ;) ;D

Fair point, but what about the Queen headpiece they attached to the back of the Predalien's head, unless you are implying that that was put there more for design than to indicate that it was a junior queen?

Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on Jun 03, 2010, 04:09:28 PM
Doesn't count as canon here, but I have seen it ;D First time I found out the upper body Predalien trick.

Why doesn't it count as canon?

PredalienXenomorph

Just because Ridley Scott says the egg room in the first film is a bomber doesn't mean it is. In a franchise with multiple directors only things that go on screen count as cannon.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 03, 2010, 04:19:48 PM
Fair point, but what about the Queen headpiece they attached to the back of the Predalien's head, unless you are implying that that was put there more for design than to indicate that it was a junior queen?
That mere biforcation an imply? It could imply it's a Praetorian.

See, from this, elongated, it's easy to tweak it into a biforcation.

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 03, 2010, 04:19:48 PM
Why doesn't it count as canon?
Film Footage=Canon, Everything Else=Not.

Keg

good god theres some idiotic  comments getting spewed out in this thread. im leaving forever. its not worth the effort. ill shut the door behind me. buh bye

predxeno

Isn't a praetorian some sort of junior queen as well, the female praetorians I mean?  Since there were no other praetorians around, the predalien started going through the process of becoming a queen which included the temporary ability to egg-barf.

OmegaZilla

Aaaawohf (:D). Praetorians in games are the Queen Guards. Nothing less or more.

predxeno

Well, you could evolve them into queens in AVP Extinction.  It's also hinted in AVP1 PC game, in the manual, that they could be young queens.

Master

Please kid understand one simple rule. If you wan to make idiotic argument than do so, but stick to (more or less) canon material = films only (start with those good ones as base and then build on crappier ones) ;)

predxeno

Many of the ideas used in EU could hold some possibility in the movies, like the existence of Praetorians.  Either way, I was responding to the idea of praetorians.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed