Metal.

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 29, 2006, 10:38:37 PM

Author
Metal. (Read 71,210 times)

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Quote from: Glock 17 on Jan 21, 2007, 09:13:22 PM
Ultra Violence is a great album. I like "Evil Priest" and "Voracious Souls."    They have a
new album out called "The Art Of Dying" that the critics devoured. They said that Death Angel sounds like they were gone "for 15 seconds instead of 15 years." and the album sold reasonably well.

Meh, I don't really care about any of their post-Ultra-Violence stuff.

Glock 17

Glock 17

Obe band I always liked was Death.  A few of my faves are "Empty Words" and "Open Casket."  Their album covers are great too. Right out of a horror movie.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

If you guys haven't checked, Megadeth has the Gears of War song for download on their mainpage.

And they also have a video of them playing "washington is next" on their myspace page.

Megadeth is definitely back to thrash metal.

Vic_Rattlehead

Vic_Rattlehead

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Dec 29, 2006, 10:38:37 PM
Alright, before you go and post about Disturbed, Slipsuck, and Nickelback, realize they aren't metal at all.

Metal=

Megadeth
Metallica
Slayer
Judas Priest
Pantera
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Motorhead
Black Label Society
Killswitch Engage

and the like.

I love all of those bands!

Pantera is one of the greatest metal bands ever, they where in the top 15 on VH1's top 40 metal songs ever, they will always be considered great. I don't listen to Pantera's earleir albums, I have 51 Pantera songs, my favorite album is Vulgar Display of Power.

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrel

p.s. I have 906 songs on my iPod video + 83 music videos go to my youtube to see a few.

Glock 17

Glock 17

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Jan 30, 2007, 01:55:08 AM
If you guys haven't checked, Megadeth has the Gears of War song for download on their mainpage.

And they also have a video of them playing "washington is next" on their myspace page.

Megadeth is definitely back to thrash metal.

Good thing they're back too. Dave was said to have hurt his hand so bad that he might not have ever played again.  One thing I wish he would do though, is to shut up about Metallica. He dosen't seem to realize that another door opens up for every one that closes, and he became a big star in his own right.

There again, Dave was no bowl of cherries. When he was wasted he practically pissed everyone in the metal community off because he made threats he couldn't live up to. I don't think there was anyone in the 80's metal scene that didn't want to take Dave by the hair and run his head into a wall.

Tommy Jarvis

Tommy Jarvis

You haven't heard metal until you've listened to At The Gates

Lan

Lan

lamb of god and motorheads  ;D   Static -X for rap metal

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

do you people know a brazilian band called sepultura?

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Quote from: Tommy Jarvis on Mar 01, 2007, 02:51:19 AM
You haven't heard metal until you've listened to At The Gates

"Ahahahahahahaaaa!..."

Quote from: Lan on Mar 09, 2007, 01:47:52 AM
motorheads

That's MOTORHEAD, an awesome band that greatly influenced the Thrash Metal genre.

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Mar 27, 2007, 03:26:15 PM
do you people know a brazilian band called sepultura?

Hell yes! But judging by your name you listen to the newer Sepultura stuff. Back in the day they where a great death/thrash band. They really reached their thrash metal sound with Beneath the Remains, followed by the album Arise. They don't deserve to be discussed beyond Arise.
"Antichrist" is one of my favorite songs from Sepultura.

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

i only own 3 cds, arise, roots and chaos ad, i think the three if them are good, i will see them live next week here in Uruguay!  ;D :D

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Did anyone else buy Megadeth's super United Abominations?

If you haven't, drop what you are doing and go buy it.

Ishallsmitethee

Ishallsmitethee

I like most types of metal, but I usually only listen to "true" metal, as in not that MTV nu-metal and alt-metal stuff (there are a few exceptions: I like Rammstein [industrial rock] and System of a Down [alt-metal]).

My favorite genres, however, are: Power Metal, Thrash Metal, Black Metal, Progressive/Technical Death Metal, and NWBHM (New Wave of British Heavy Metal, eg. Iron Maiden & Judas Priest).

Dekapitator and Glock 17: I see you guys like thrash metal, and I saw that you mentioned Kreator. Yeah! Kreator rocks! I only have two of their albums though; "Pleasure to Kill" and "Enemy of God." I thought both the albums were good, but some people say that Kreator "sold out" with "Enemy of God." What do you guys think of that? And, what other albums by them would you recommend?

By the way, does anyone here know of the Jazz/Proggesive Death Metal band called Atheist? I think they're awesome.

MrLee

MrLee

i hate the term "real metal"

its too wide a style of music now to just classify stuff as "real metal"

slayer-thrash metal
megadeth-progressive metal
metallica-more commercially accessable metal
motley crue-glam metal
def leppard-pop metal

then you have stuff like early judas priest which is yeha i forget the term, but it has british and new wave in it.

pantera are groove metal

then theres nu-metal for bands like early linkin park and papa roach

marilyn manson- industrial metal

sleaze metal- (new style of crossover) which is basically guns n roses crossed with metal

so check bands like CRASHDIET, Hardcore Superstars latest material etc.

Theres just way too much.

Oh i forgot to mention, there is "crap metal" which is shit like bring me the horizon and bands where they constantly double pedal and hit the instruments whilst the vocalist impersonates a pig.

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Quote from: Ishallsmitethee on May 21, 2007, 11:35:21 PM
Dekapitator and Glock 17: I see you guys like thrash metal, and I saw that you mentioned Kreator. Yeah! Kreator rocks! I only have two of their albums though; "Pleasure to Kill" and "Enemy of God." I thought both the albums were good, but some people say that Kreator "sold out" with "Enemy of God." What do you guys think of that? And, what other albums by them would you recommend?

I live and breath Thrash.
Pleasure to Kill is one insane album. If you really like it I recommend getting Endless Pain and Terrible Certainty. Extreme Aggression and Coma of Souls, though different (especially Coma of Souls) will offer plenty of Thrash Metal carnage. I mean, just listen to the main riff at the start of Coma of Souls (song) and you'll be blown away.
I'd say they sold out with Renewal. They pushed it too far with that album. When I listen to the song Love Us or Hate Us (great song from Extreme Aggression) and hear the lyrics I think to myself "If you still sing this nowadays you're one of the biggest hypocrites ever".
Enemy of God... I never listened to the whole album. The title track is very thrashy at some points, the ending part with it's soft (and commercial) melody sucks. Impossible Brutality didn't impress me.

@ mrlee:
When someone says real metal, they don't mean to bring all genres of metal under one name (real metal). It's a term that reffers to, well, metal, excluding poser bands like Children of Bodom or Cradle of Filth, which are not metal. Why is that? Because though these two bands might have a "metallic" sound they ain't metal. Metal ain't only about sound. It's about living and breathing it, doing it for the scene and fans, not jumping on some bandwagon to earn money and get famous. Plus, a commercial "metal" band sounds way different from a real one.

Slayer where Thrash, but they've changed a lot, especially since Kerry King discovered slipknot and considered them the revivors of metal. Let's not even mention Metallica, the most famous example of sellouts.
Pantera are just another group that jumped on the bandwagon. Anselblow considers himself "the King of Heavy Metal". ::)
Gtg update my list.

MrLee

MrLee

lol metallica have sucked for a while i agree..........

i think slayers latest album was decent, i enjoyed it.

im more into my 80s glam metal though, i hate how metallica ripped on half of these bands when they are better players and singers than most of metallica.

(minis cliff burton, for obvious reasons)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed