Metal.

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 29, 2006, 10:38:37 PM

Author
Metal. (Read 68,509 times)

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Alright, before you go and post about Disturbed, Slipsuck, and Nickelback, realize they aren't metal at all.

Metal=

Megadeth
Metallica
Slayer
Judas Priest
Pantera
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Motorhead
Black Label Society
Killswitch Engage

and the like.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

This story is true.
my dad meet OZZY before he was famous, Ozzy and Black Sabbath performed at a uni so my dad went to watch, but after it was over he went walk about in the uni and found OZZY, OZZY was drawing on a bored and my dad asked what he was doing and OZZY said "If we ever get famous, this is what our album cover is gonna look like" and OZZY showed my dad a pic of a women in front of a house.
Years later Black Sabbath did an album with that women pic.

Glock 17

Glock 17

Cool!  Meeting Ozzy before he was big (back when he could utter complete sentences, lol)

As far as metal, I just sat in on a discussion about Metallica VS. Slayer at www.bloody-disgusting.com  And most of the people agrred that Metallica were the better lyricists while Slayer were the better thrashers. Both were at the forefront of the thrash movement, and I think they both stand on their own merits. Only Slayer isn't run by a short Danish drummer who never shuts his mouth, who thinks he knows it all. ;)

ArchangeL

ArchangeL

I wasn't aware that Lars led Metallica.

Glock 17

Glock 17

Quote from: ArchangeL on Jan 18, 2007, 02:53:12 AM

I wasn't aware that Lars led Metallica.

That was the joke, he thinks he does ;)   Should have explained that bit of sarcasm sooner. My bad.

Harry72

Harry72

My favorites:

- Running Wild
- Rob Zombie
- Manowar
- Rammstein
- Megadeath
- Korn

;D ;D

CPL HICKS

CPL HICKS

They may not be much on the metal side, but to me, and I've seen them twice in concert and it was awesome, and I'm sure the fellow Englishmen on this site will agree that one of the best bands that have come out of Engaland is.......DEF LEPPARD!!!!!

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Wow lots of you people should get to know what metal is.
Just a few bands: Dark Angel, Forbidden, Slayer, Exodus, Razor, MetallicA, Death Angel, Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, Tankard, Coroner, Artillery, Sacred Reich, Wermacht... (note that some of these bands have sold out, so if you want to know what actually is worth listening to, pm me)
Thrash 'till Death!

Also, I hate it when people call Pantera thrash, it ain't. They where glam and then they turned groove "metal"..trendy stuff, not metal.

MRHAPPY

MRHAPPY

;) hi....my fav         :

_napalm death,canibal corpse,carcass,extreme noise terror,intestinal disease,bukka ,patareni and little black band........IMPALED NAZARENE..... ;)

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Pantera's significance towards metal will always be overlooked.  They nearly single handedly kept metal alive during the 90s pop explosion. 

Can't forget Black Label Society
Arch Enemy
Nile
Children of Bodom
Hammerfall

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Jan 20, 2007, 07:16:03 PM
Pantera's significance towards metal will always be overlooked.  They nearly single handedly kept metal alive during the 90s pop explosion. 

Can't forget Black Label Society
Arch Enemy
Nile
Children of Bodom
Hammerfall

I suggest you check out several real metal forums, like the Destruction forum, and see what people over there think about Pantera. (and the other bands you sayd)

Glock 17

Glock 17

Quote from: Dekapitator on Jan 19, 2007, 08:52:46 PM
Wow lots of you people should get to know what metal is.
Just a few bands: MetallicA, Slayer, Exodus, Death Angel, Dark Angel, Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, Razor, Tankard... (note that some of these bands have sold out, so if you want to know what actually is worth listening to, pm me)
Thrash 'till Death!

Also, I hate it when people call Pantera thrash, it ain't. They where glam and then they turned groove "metal"..trendy stuff, not metal.

Good names you're mentioning here.

Tankard, huh? "Zombie Attack" was a cool album.  Remember 2 Australian bands called "Dead On" and "Mortal Sin?" They were good too.

Death Angel!  I saw them in 1990 with War And Peace and Forbidden. This was when they released the "Act 3" album.

Razor had that ond video for Evil Invaders. The "Violent Restitution" album had that cool cover with the chainsaw.

Kreator credits a british power trio named Raven (another fave of mine) with the reason for their formation.  The song "Lambs To The Slaughter" is covered by Kreator on one of their albums.

I also saw Raven in 1983 when a fledgeling Metallica opened up for them on the "Kill Em' All For One" tour.

And lest we forget Exodus, who taught all of us how to do The Toxic Waltz ;)

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Quote from: Glock 17 on Jan 21, 2007, 08:36:31 PM
Good names you're mentioning here.

Tankard, huh? "Zombie Attack" was a cool album.  Remember 2 Australian bands called "Dead On" and "Mortal Sin?" They were good too.

Death Angel!  I saw them in 1990 with War And Peace and Forbidden. This was when they released the "Act 3" album.

Razor had that ond video for Evil Invaders. The "Violent Restitution" album had that cool cover with the chainsaw.

Kreator credits a british power trio named Raven (another fave of mine) with the reason for their formation.  The song "Lambs To The Slaughter" is covered by Kreator on one of their albums.

I also saw Raven in 1983 when a fledgeling Metallica opened up for them on the "Kill Em' All For One" tour.

And lest we forget Exodus, who taught all of us how to do The Toxic Waltz ;)

Ah great, someone who knows metal over here. \m/
You saw Raven and MetallicA in 1983? Wow, that's awesome!
About Death Angel, I'm only into theyr "The Ultra-Violence" stuff, "Kill as one" and "Mistress of Pain" are my favorite songs from them.

Glock 17

Glock 17

Ultra Violence is a great album. I like "Evil Priest" and "Voracious Souls."    They have a
new album out called "The Art Of Dying" that the critics devoured. They said that Death Angel sounds like they were gone "for 15 seconds instead of 15 years." and the album sold reasonably well.

Glock 17

Glock 17

I also liked a Norwegian band called "Candlemass."  The vocalist had a fantastic voice. I call their music "opera metal" lol because of the vocals, but the lyrics are somewhere between LOTR style stuff to downright D&D stuff and really dark medieval style stuff.

Metal Church's first singer David Wayne, had a great voice too, the guy could scream!  Remember "Watch The Children Pray" and "Beyond The Black"?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed