Metal.

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 29, 2006, 10:38:37 PM

Author
Metal. (Read 68,429 times)

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Hehe, those days must have been cool, with music getting wilder and glam being bashed. That was because the guys from MetallicA viewed the glam guys as posers, that where giving metal a soft, commercial aspect. "If you came here to see spandex and big hair this ain't you'r band." - MetallicA's "warcry"
Talent. I heard a few glam songs myself, and MetallicA's stuff are harder to preform. You probably heard the new metallica, because yeah, these days Hetfield's voice sucks, Kirk's pretty sloppy and annoying with his wah-wah, Lars is lazy...
But there was a time when both Hetfield and Kirk shredded like mad, and Hetfield's voice was really good.

MrLee

MrLee

Quote from: Dekapitator on May 22, 2007, 05:00:06 PM
Hehe, those days must have been cool, with music getting wilder and glam being bashed. That was because the guys from MetallicA viewed the glam guys as posers, that where giving metal a soft, commercial aspect. "If you came here to see spandex and big hair this ain't you'r band." - MetallicA's "warcry"
Talent. I heard a few glam songs myself, and MetallicA's stuff are harder to preform. You probably heard the new metallica, because yeah, these days Hetfield's voice sucks, Kirk's pretty sloppy and annoying with his wah-wah, Lars is lazy...
But there was a time when both Hetfield and Kirk shredded like mad, and Hetfield's voice was really good.

i have listened to all metallica albums.

i know various 80s bands who wore spandex who piss over metallica.

even ones im not a major fan on piss over them, take whitesnake 1987 onwards.

Shotgun Messiahs guitarist could also piss over kirk anyday.

RATT, there first 3 albums have amazing riffs and guitar solos.

just because they have catchy chorus;s and look cooler doesnt mean they have no talent.

apparently this band are "hair metal"

personally i think that can kick the shit out of term "hair metal"

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Those are bands/people I didn't hear songs from.
Thrash is generally harder to play than glam.
Still, the reason MetallicA bashed the glam scene didn't have anything to do with talent, it was because they viewed them as "weak" and "fake". (ironic how they would become the same)

MrLee

MrLee

Quote from: Dekapitator on May 22, 2007, 08:33:44 PM
Those are bands/people I didn't hear songs from.
Thrash is generally harder to play than glam.
Still, the reason MetallicA bashed the glam scene didn't have anything to do with talent, it was because they viewed them as "weak" and "fake". (ironic how they would become the same)

well one of the main bands metallica hated was a band called RATT

whilst they did have a very cheesy image, even for a glam band there riffs were bloody good....

here, a song by them.

they do have catchy chorus's and they have cheesy as hell videos, but the music is great.

i forgot to mention DOKKEN also, whos original guitarist george lynch totally owns all.

Lets not forget van halen, they follow, if not started the glam metal formula.

TakenByForce

TakenByForce

Hello everyone, this is my first post here on AVP Galaxy.

My favorite metal bands woul dhave to be.

Iron Maiden
Scorpions
Queensryche
Judas Priest
Black Sabbath
Angel Witch
Megadeath
Rough Cutt
And old Metallica

And theres a lot more but i dont want my first post to be a mile long =]

Some people say that scorps aren't metal but if you listen to there old stuff with Uli Roth on guitar and not Matthias Jabs, then they were a lot more heavier.

BKS_tmo

BKS_tmo

I enjoy in Power Metal (bands like Blind Guardian) and Progresiv Metal (Iced Earth... they are fantastic)

Ishallsmitethee

Ishallsmitethee

QuoteI enjoy in Power Metal (bands like Blind Guardian) and Progresiv Metal (Iced Earth... they are fantastic)

Are you familiar with Sonata Arctica, Helloween, or Dream Theater? Those are some of my favorites in that genre. Also, do you like Dragonforce?

P.S. Thanks Dekapitator for the reccomendations. I'll try to check out those albums.

BKS_tmo

BKS_tmo

Absolutely yes, i love Sonatas album "Silence". But Dragonforce is not familiar to me.

Ishallsmitethee

Ishallsmitethee

QuoteAbsolutely yes, i love Sonatas album "Silence". But Dragonforce is not familiar to me.

Yeah, Silence is great! I love Power Metal.

You haven't heard of Dragonforce? Check out their first album "Valley of the Damned," the guitars are amazing.

BKS_tmo

BKS_tmo

Ok, thanks.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

METALLICA IS THE GREATEST BAND OF ALL TIME.

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

I'd like to hear you'r reasons as to why you think they are.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Just my opinion.

Cromartie

Cromartie

ozzy forever

Alien Drone 531

Alien Drone 531

my favorite metal bands are:

Amon Amarth -    Viking themed melodic Death Metal
Black Sabbath -  Heavy metal
Exodus -  Thrash metal
Metallica -  Thrash metal, Heavy metal
Obituary -  Death metal
Ozzy Osbourne -  Heavy metal
Sepultura -  Death Metal, Thrash Metal
Slayer -  Thrash Metal, Speed Metal, Heavy Metal
Try -  Viking Metal, Folk Metal

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed