Godzilla
101 (75.4%)
King Kong
25 (18.7%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,524,187 times)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 24, 2021, 09:02:41 PM
That trailer was very entertaining. I don't expect to see Tenet from this, but a giant monster movie 8)

Quote from: Master Chief on Jan 24, 2021, 06:11:36 PM
I wonder what the humans are up to to provoke Godzilla like this.

Maybe Godzilla is jealous cos Kong is a girl's pet. He just wants to be loved (ಥ﹏ಥ)
Seeing that Madison is following him around and trying to solve the puzzle to why he is so pissed, seems like Godzilla is already a girl's pet and just doesn't know it yet.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: SM on Jan 25, 2021, 01:38:23 AM
Spoiler
Unseen forces defo Lex Luthor.  Luckily both G and King have a mother named Martha.
[close]

Spoiler
Don't you mean Mothra? :)
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I still remember what Wingard did to another beloved Japanese property, so I'm gonna approach this with caution. Trailer was cool, though.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jan 25, 2021, 01:22:18 AM
QuoteLegends collide in "Godzilla vs. Kong" as these mythic adversaries meet in a spectacular battle for the ages, with the fate of the world hanging in the balance.  Kong and his protectors undertake a perilous journey to find his true home, and with them is Jia, a young orphaned girl with whom he has formed a unique and powerful bond.  But they unexpectedly find themselves in the path of an enraged Godzilla, cutting a swath of destruction across the globe.  The epic clash between the two titans—instigated by unseen forces—is only the beginning of the mystery that lies deep within the core of the Earth.

Spoiler
So I'm assuming something to do with the development of Mechagodzilla pisses Godzilla off, and Kong gets stuck in the middle.
[close]
Spoiler
I read a YouTube comment that said they used Ghidorah's brain to make Mechagodzilla. Don't know how true that is, but it sounds about right.
[close]

SM

SM

Quote from: ace3g on Jan 25, 2021, 01:54:39 AM
Spoiler
Unseen forces defo Lex Luthor.  Luckily both G and King have a mother named Martha.
[close]

Spoiler

Call me Mr Zeitgeist.

Darkness

Darkness

I loved the trailer. I was never a fan of the previous two Godzillas. I want Godzilla to be the bad guy - not this anti-hero. I wouldn't have thought Kong would ever have stood a chance but he's definitely holding his own in the trailer.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

He has grown quite a lot since last time, that helps :laugh:
He still looks shorter than godzilla, but he is close enough I guess.

They could've shown Godzilla fight back a bit more, it will probably be the case for the next trailer, along with
Spoiler
mechagodzilla's reveal I think
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Mothra* ;)
[close]

SiL

SiL

Rankles beat you to it at the top of the page.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I wonder if the continuing characters from Skull Island will be in this, or if that five second Miles Dyson Joe Morton cameo in KotM was completely pointless.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 24, 2021, 08:25:17 PM
Seriously? It was basically the worst trailer music I've ever heard. I was expecting John Cena, not kaiju at that point.

10:20 - 11:30 is my thoughts exactly! Its the fight of the century between two legendary titans as it was foretold by the ancients of long ago, LET THEM FIGHT HERE WE GO!!!! While they are majestic and amazing beasts, we do want to see them throw down at the end of the day and that cannot be denied that monkey punch lizard face makes serotonin rush go WWWWWWSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/RealGDT/status/1353890122752782338

After Uprising, I have no interest in Pacific Rim as a standalone franchise anymore, so they might as well cross it over. But also, I don't want more Pacific Rim without Guillermo del Toro.

I guess only time will tell if Legendary has anything up their sleeves here.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I want a Pacific Rim esque movie but told with complete seriousness.

Like a NGE live action or some shit. 

Trailer look neat.  Kong 4 lyf. 

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 25, 2021, 09:56:33 PM
He has grown quite a lot since last time, that helps :laugh:
He still looks shorter than godzilla, but he is close enough I guess.

They could've shown Godzilla fight back a bit more, it will probably be the case for the next trailer, along with
Spoiler
mechagodzilla's reveal I think
[close]
Spoiler
I don't think they'll put him in the trailer any more than he was in the first trailer. Too much of a spoiler for the movie.
[close]

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jan 25, 2021, 02:34:56 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Don't you mean Mothra? :)
[close]
Spoiler
Don't you mean...Marthra?
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed