Godzilla
101 (75.4%)
King Kong
25 (18.7%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,524,070 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jan 24, 2021, 07:15:19 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 24, 2021, 06:15:34 PM
Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jan 24, 2021, 05:51:55 PM
Kong's one movie was better than both of Godzilla's, so I'm rooting for him.

I agree. Funny how in this trailer they chose to mostly show Kong kicking Godzilla's ass lol. Besides that, I hope they don't pull a BvS on this one, the "oh look a bigger enemy has appeared let's team up" thing bores me to death.

Unfortunately that's exactly what's going to happen. And even worse if this goes the way I think it's going to go..
Spoiler
That's not even really Godzilla, it's Mecha-Godzilla covered in fake flesh. but this is just a theory.
[close]

Spoiler
Didn't the last godzilla movie ending depicted him as turning a bit evil ?
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Nice to see Firefist in there.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Man so hyped for this!!

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 24, 2021, 08:25:17 PM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jan 24, 2021, 08:23:00 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 24, 2021, 07:11:16 PM
Quote from: Master Chief on Jan 24, 2021, 06:11:36 PM
I wonder what the humans are up to to provoke Godzilla like this.

Mechagodzilla.

Anyone else roll their eyes when the music kicked in? Completely off tone for all the visuals imo.

Lmao no? That was hype music right there and I'm ready to see them rumble!!!!

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-
cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Fnewsfeed%2F001%2F852%2F210%2F260&f=1&nofb=1

Besides that, I am curious about how this will play out, its been known by now that :

Spoiler
Not only one of King Ghidorah's heads is in the hands of Alan Jonah and his bio-terrorist group, who might be contributing to this mess but also the MechaGodzilla figure that has been leaked pretty much proves that its in this film as the potential antagonist Godzilla and Kong will fight against.
[close]

Seriously? It was basically the worst trailer music I've ever heard. I was expecting John Cena, not kaiju at that point.

Horrible cheesy trailer music seems to be the norm these days but even without it the trailer sucks. So in a way it's fitting.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 24, 2021, 08:25:17 PMSeriously? It was basically the worst trailer music I've ever heard. I was expecting John Cena, not kaiju at that point.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 24, 2021, 08:26:45 PM

I agree. Funny how in this trailer they chose to mostly show Kong kicking Godzilla's ass lol. Besides that, I hope they don't pull a BvS on this one, the "oh look a bigger enemy has appeared let's team up" thing bores me to death.

Unfortunately that's exactly what's going to happen. And even worse if this goes the way I think it's going to go..
Spoiler
That's not even really Godzilla, it's Mecha-Godzilla covered in fake flesh. but this is just a theory.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
No, if anything, Godzilla and his kaiju pack started to heal the Earth, with humanity also benefiting from their work. Amazon rainforests are returning to their peak strength, ice is growing in the arctic  regions balancing out the temperatures of the world, oil is being removed from endangered enviorments, ect. Like apparently kaiju crap can be used as a reliable fuel source now. Also in the beginning of the trailer, a freeze frame bonus shows MechaGodzilla blowing stuff up, behind the smoke.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

That trailer was very entertaining. I don't expect to see Tenet from this, but a giant monster movie 8)

Quote from: Master Chief on Jan 24, 2021, 06:11:36 PM
I wonder what the humans are up to to provoke Godzilla like this.

Maybe Godzilla is jealous cos Kong is a girl's pet. He just wants to be loved (ಥ﹏ಥ)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jan 24, 2021, 08:56:21 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
No, if anything, Godzilla and his kaiju pack started to heal the Earth, with humanity also benefiting from their work. Amazon rainforests are returning to their peak strength, ice is growing in the arctic  regions balancing out the temperatures of the world, oil is being removed from endangered enviorments, ect. Like apparently kaiju crap can be used as a reliable fuel source now. Also in the beginning of the trailer, a freeze frame bonus shows MechaGodzilla blowing stuff up, behind the smoke.
[close]

Spoiler
But at the end with him becoming the alpha, king of monsters etc, the movie shows it like it's a dangerous thing for mankind.
[close]

MudButt

MudButt

Give me this movie NOW.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 24, 2021, 09:15:41 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
But at the end with him becoming the alpha, king of monsters etc, the movie shows it like it's a dangerous thing for mankind.
[close]

Spoiler
It does both. IF you see the credits roll, you can read the news on how Godzilla and his monsters helps the planet heal and how MONARCH becomes a full on public organization that reveals all its recorded history on the kaiju research. The ending scene of all the monsters bowing shows that while Godzilla can be a beneficial monster to mankind,  he will never be under our control. The quote "The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control, and not the other way round."
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jan 24, 2021, 10:44:43 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 24, 2021, 09:15:41 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
It does both. IF you see the credits roll, you can read the news on how Godzilla and his monsters helps the planet heal and how MONARCH becomes a full on public organization that reveals all its recorded history on the kaiju research. The ending scene of all the monsters bowing shows that while Godzilla can be a beneficial monster to mankind,  he will never be under our control. The quote "The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control, and not the other way round."
[close]

That's why I thought it would be enough for him to be the only opponent of Kong, but eh, I guess it won't be anything like that.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 24, 2021, 11:43:38 PM
That's why I thought it would be enough for him to be the only opponent of Kong, but eh, I guess it won't be anything like that.
They are two alphas with one of them not recognizing the other as their superior so like all territorial creatures with a pack order, they are going to go at it to settle things. Trailer also gives out that there is more to it since it seems like humans are doing something to piss off Godzilla enough to attack them.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

QuoteLegends collide in "Godzilla vs. Kong" as these mythic adversaries meet in a spectacular battle for the ages, with the fate of the world hanging in the balance.  Kong and his protectors undertake a perilous journey to find his true home, and with them is Jia, a young orphaned girl with whom he has formed a unique and powerful bond.  But they unexpectedly find themselves in the path of an enraged Godzilla, cutting a swath of destruction across the globe.  The epic clash between the two titans—instigated by unseen forces—is only the beginning of the mystery that lies deep within the core of the Earth.

Spoiler
So I'm assuming something to do with the development of Mechagodzilla pisses Godzilla off, and Kong gets stuck in the middle.
[close]

SM

SM

Spoiler
Unseen forces defo Lex Luthor.  Luckily both G and King have a mother named Martha.
[close]

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: SM on Jan 25, 2021, 01:38:23 AM
Spoiler
Unseen forces defo Lex Luthor.  Luckily both G and King have a mother named Martha.
[close]

Spoiler

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed